North Highland

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at North Highland in February 2011.

Interview Details – The process is by design long and slow. We ensure that applicants considered for employment are qualified and most importantly the right fit for our culture and values. The team dynamic and atmosphere is one of the most important traits that we provide for our clients, and this is validated through our hiring. 3-4 interviews face to face before an applicant meets with a hiring VP who has final say, based upon the needs of the office and the skill sets available.

Interview Question – How does North Highland fit into your career goals and aspirations.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Charlotte, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at North Highland in January 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of two meetings with current North Highland employees on two separate projects, a personality test and an aptitude test. There was no case study. All of these were fairly straightforward.

Advice I would give to others would be to become very familiar with the culture of North Highland as the interviews are generally personality interviews instead of interviews to asses your skills (as people generally are found via referrals so it's assumed the skills are there). In addition, ask lots of questions about the various accounts and roles you may fill within these accounts as these can vary widely. It's often not been decided what role you will fill at the point of the interview, so become as familiar as you can with all of your options at the time of the interview.

Interview Question – Because most of the new business within North Highland is generated through existing accounts or employee connections, many questions will be asked about your comfort level leveraging your network.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is really very little salary negotiation with North Highland, which is something that's brought up (or at least it was with me) during the interview phase. Just make sure you have a good understanding of what you will really receive in salary, bonus and stock options. I've found that these can be often be inflated by the person presenting the offer. Some key questions to ask are what number of hours per week are required to acheive the "sample" bonus presented, how the various sales bonuses can be earned and how the company performance bonus is calculated.

Arlington, VA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at North Highland in September 2008.

Interview Details – Initial interview was from a contractor North Highland used as their HR person. The contractor subsequently left the firm after I was contacted (not sure of reason). Interviews were then scheduled at Arlington office. Three interviews, very simple. Stressed compensation system, which I thought had a lot of issues and was big turnoff. I rescinded after first round of interviews, sounded like they were resume shopping for project proposals and not really hiring

Interview Question – Asked about most challenging situation faced in consulting   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Compensation system is poorly designed and appeared to by hyped

Senior Consultant

The process took 2 days - interviewed at North Highland in October 2010.

Interview Details – Initial set of 2 1 on 1 interviews as a first round. One behavioral, one more informal. Both interview processes focused on company and personality fit - it was not a direct series of questions that had a right or wrong feel. Interviewers were comfortable sharing a good deal of information.
Second round consisted of 2 additional 1:1 interviews and a group interview. Both of these were longer, in the 1 hour to 90 minute range. Again, more informal and the conversations and questions addressed were diverse.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself over the next 5 years and how does this position help you attain those goals?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at North Highland in July 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview with talent acquisition resource (basic qualifying questions). Several one-on-one interviews over approx. 4 rounds (basic interview questions - "tell me about yourself", etc.). Skills and personality test and drug test once offer was presented. Aside from taking 3 months, the interview process is less grueling than some I've been through. Understandably, they'd like to ensure they're getting the best candidates.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   View Answer

Senior Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at North Highland in December 2010.

Interview Details – First had a phone interview with HR.
Then got called for a 1:1 interview and flown to the D.C. location
Had 3 interviews- cultural, skills, then Vice President.

- Strongly encourage mentioning business development- had questions regarding how I would increase business for North Highland

Interview Questions

• Name something you failed at (not one of those turning a failure into a positive thing)   Answer Question
  • Describe how you would approach company X about north highland if they have never heard of it   Answer Question

Worked for North Highland? Contribute to the Community!