North Jersey Media Group Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2015

2.6

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at North Jersey Media Group.

Interview

Applied online on northjersey.com. I was called and screened by the recruiter. I was then emailed a day later to come in for a face-to-face interview. Then after that I was given an offer within 2 business days.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Park, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at North Jersey Media Group (Woodland Park, NJ).

Interview

It was a fairly simple and painless process. I interviewed with Human Resources first then with the manager of the branch I would be working in. I then had to have a background check done and also have them check my references.

Interview Questions

• Give me some details about who you are? What do you value most in a job? Describe a failure you had and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Park, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at North Jersey Media Group (Woodland Park, NJ) in December 2014.

Interview

first interview was brief on the phone, second interview was in person with recruiter, and last interview is with the team manager. Nothing out of the ordinary during the interview questions, waiting process was slightly long.

Freelance Reporter Interview

Interview

Once you submit an application, you come in to see how it works. And you're pretty much bird at that point

Reporter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Park, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at North Jersey Media Group (Woodland Park, NJ) in May 2013.

Interview

The editor was very friend and very upfront about what the position entailed and offered. I respected his honesty.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult questions, however the editor made a point to emphasize that reporters work long days and strange hours, which is to be expected.   Answer Question

Classified Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Park, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at North Jersey Media Group (Woodland Park, NJ) in August 2012.

Interview

Phone interview, 2 in person interviews.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage people when 2 reps fight over same account.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations

Staff Reporter/Staff Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Paterson, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at North Jersey Media Group (West Paterson, NJ) in January 2010.

Interview

The interview process was simple. Applied for a position which was posted in The Bergen Record. After the company received my resume and writing samples, I received a phone call from the company around three days afterwards. The call was to simply ask me to come in for a 1-on-1. The 1-on-1 interview was split between a getting to know you/skills interview. Went over background, what I could bring to the table and how comfortable I was with covering multiple towns on a daily/weekly basis. After I left, I received a phone call from the hiring manager 4-5 days later.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what an OPRA request is?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None. It's a newspaper. The salaries are subpar at best.

Staff Writer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at North Jersey Media Group in January 2007.

Interview

Knew one of the ME's in charge of recruiting over the years (job fairs, etc.) and applied for the Record's internship program. Came in and did three days of tryout; the story ended up running A1. Eds nice and helpful during process, reporters helpful during interview, as well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate, was an internship staff writing position.

Reporter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at North Jersey Media Group in August 2011.

Interview

Interviewer asked common questions, and asked for a few tryout samples.

Internet Applications Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at North Jersey Media Group in October 2008.

Interview

I read about the position in the classified ads, and after some persistent emailing and calling, managed to schedule an interview with the director. I presented my resume and showed some examples of my work. I had a very brief tour of the office, and was told they would be making a decision within the next week. I followed up by phone to learn that the position had been filled.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with (insert name of content management system used at this company)?   1 Answer
    • "You're familiar with our website?"   1 Answer