North Kansas City Hospital

North Kansas City Hospital Interview Questions

Updated Jan 15, 2015
Updated Jan 15, 2015

Case Manager Interview

Received call from HR recruiter to schedule interview. Very helpful, detailed instructions of where to go, who to ask for, what to expect, etc. Typical questions from HR, no "tricky" questions. Then, interviewed with dept manager afterward. HR interview took about 20 min. Interview with manager took about 30 min. Called back within a week with offer.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most frustrating thing a former manager has ever asked you to do and how did you solve it?   Answer Question
    No room for negotion, as I met criteria to be paid at the top of the pay scale due to years experience in the field.

Graduate Nurse Position Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at North Kansas City Hospital in September 2014.

Applied online, filled out questionnaire about clinical areas of interest and clinical experiences while in school. They Ccalled for an interview. Interviewed with HR first, then had 4 back to back interviews with hiring nurse managers for different departments. Was a very long exhausting experience. Over 2 hours of straight interviewing. Everyone was nice. Really liked the HR recruiting manager and some nurse managers. Some I did not like as much. Was not offered a position. Was told two days later of their decision. Reason was they had so many applicants and not enough positions available.

Interview Questions
    • "Say you gave the wrong medication to a patient. How would you handle the situation and would you tell the patient ?"   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Kansas City, MO

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at North Kansas City Hospital.

I have worked there for 24 years so I am not sure if the process is the same. In my experience I interviewed with 2 different people.

Surgical Informatics Report Writer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at North Kansas City Hospital.

Standard interview process.

I negotiated salary.

Graduate Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at North Kansas City Hospital in September 2011.

The interview was conducted with all managers of the hospital to find placement as a graduate nurse. Interview was not as intimidating as it sounds. Some of the managers were very engaged while others appeared to try to be intimidating. I was already employed as a tech so I bypassed the HR interviews and initial face to face.

Interview Questions
    • You gave a patient the wrong medication, what would you do? Would you tell the patient?   Answer Question

I was offered a position that was more suited to my needs