North Shore-LIJ Health System

Relevance Date Difficulty

Medical Technologist Interview

Medical Technologist
New Hyde Park, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at North Shore-LIJ Health System in October 2013.

Interview Details – The recruiter emailed me to call their office to discuss my credentials for a Medical Technologist part time position. I called the recruiter, but the phone went to voicemail. I left two voicemails but no one has gotten back to me. Since they're recruiting, shouldn't they try calling me? It's a weird process of recruiting going on.

Interview Question – None since the recruiter hasn't gotten back to me.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Nutritionist Interview

Nutritionist
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at North Shore-LIJ Health System in April 2013.

Interview Details – Not possible to speak to a person except during very limited "chat" hours. Person answering phone has no information available on specific jobs that are posted. Cannot tell you the location or building and stated an incorrect department. No salary information available. Sent on an interview and the manager was not there, after waiting an hour I was told she would need to reschedule. The following week a very poor interview was given. No salary information available again. No disposition email sent to advise whether position was filled or not.

Interview Question – No questions even asked!   Answer Question

RN Interview

RN

Interviewed at North Shore-LIJ Health System

Interview Details – Had two interviews. One with HR. Second interview with direst manager. I followed up a couple of times after not hearing from them. Was told no decision has been made. Four months later still haven't heard anything. Didn't get much warm and fuzzy feeling out of it. I think they handle so many applicants that it gets boring for them.

Interview Question – Nothing asked of me that was out of the ordinary. They usually ask one or two behavior questions.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

Interviewed at North Shore-LIJ Health System

Interview Details – Phone interview at first, then a face to face interview for the first round. Made it past the first round, then met with 10+ people in groups of 2-3 for second round. Basic fit questions, and they wanted to make a point to ask the same questions each time. A couple of the interviewers seemed like they did not want to be there, so that was kind of off-putting.

All in all, not a bad place, most people were nice enough. Dont think I would have taken the job even if I did get it.

Interview Question – Had to do a 45-Minute Excel Test.. If you did not know excel, you would fail   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for North Shore-LIJ Health System? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at North Shore-LIJ Health System interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by North Shore-LIJ Health System employees and interview candidates.