North Shore LIJ Health System

Updated Jan 29, 2015
Updated Jan 29, 2015

2.8

Human Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at North Shore LIJ Health System.

I have been interviewed three times on different occasions for three different jobs. Not hired yet. Takes a long time for them to get back to you and they know it. Lots of people apply online so not much can be done about that.

Clinical Laboratory Technolgoist Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at North Shore LIJ Health System.

Applied online. Got a call within a week and setup an interview. HR was very helpful with the time and the date. Interviewed with a supervisor, coworkers, and directors. Had skills test for pipetting technique.

Interview Questions
    • Interview itself went pretty well. Asked about the future goal and my weakness and strongest side of personality.   Answer Question

Medical Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at North Shore LIJ Health System.

For what I have heard from new upcoming medical assistants, the interview process has shorten in length. When I first applied 5 years ago, it took about 2 months from when i was first contacted by HR to my first day on the job. Currently it takes about a month.

Interview Questions
    As an entry level medical assistant there wasn't much to negotiate, I was very excited to have finished school and to enter the workforce.

Staff RN Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at North Shore LIJ Health System.

Recently Interview with LIJ, new grad it seems that you have to know someone to get an interview however I got it on my own with lots of leg work... Waiting to hear back

Interview Questions
    • Questions are mostly about what you would do in a situation.   Answer Question

Senior IT Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at North Shore LIJ Health System in November 2014.

Met with HR who asked me some behavioral type questions. Afterwards I met with the Hiring manager and a team member. Both were very professional and their Interview questions were straight forward. They like my qualifications and skill sets and were ready to move forward after the interview. I was offered the position a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had an upset project sponsor and how did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Social Worker Interview

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at North Shore LIJ Health System.

Talent acquisition is inconsistent and requires a lot of follow up to get any answers. I missed the chance to interview for a position because they didn't contact me with the outcome of a previous interview after a couple of weeks. Actual interview was very positive.

Maintenance Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glen Cove, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Glen Cove, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at North Shore LIJ Health System.

The interview process was straightforward in that I was told to fill out an application and references documentation. I met with the facilities maintenance manager of the school and one of his associates. That part of the interview went very well that thing you answered questions before I ask them. Most questions revolved around skills and abilities to follow through with various tasks that have to do with the daily activities of the school. I was brought before the facility managers boss and that aspect also went very well which led me to believe that they were rather desperate to fill the position.

Interview Questions
    • Can you patch a hole in plaster or replace a faucet or toilet? How do you feel about getting called to fix a paper jam?   Answer Question

Compensation did not meet my current salary.

Unit Service Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at North Shore LIJ Health System.

One interview with nursing manager. She asked simple and direct questions to me. Referred by a current employee so my resume was chosen for an interview. Process took a while to hear back.

No negotiation

Secretary Non Medical Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at North Shore LIJ Health System.

I got a call from HR to come in for a typing test, then I had a brief interview about my goals and expectations. They said I wasn't interviewing for one job but when a job became available they would call me. Five months later I got a call for an interview with the department and then about 2 weeks later an offer.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult aspect was the medical clearance. I had my immunizations so long ago, they needed to be updated and although I didn't wait long it was done on my own time.   Answer Question
    Didn't need to negotiate at all HR was very helpful.

Physician Billing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Hyde Park, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Hyde Park, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at North Shore LIJ Health System.

HR is very professional as they work diligently to fill all open positions listed on the health system's career portal. Overall, the interview process went smoothly. Once you meet with HR, you then move on to interview with the department's hiring manager(s).

Interview Questions
    • I do not remember the specific questions asked in my interview process, but I don't believe there were unexpected or difficult questions asked. Maybe the most difficult is, "Tell me about yourself."   Answer Question
    Negotiation went well as they met my initial asking, so there was no haggle.