North Shore LIJ Health System

Updated Nov 1, 2014
Updated Nov 1, 2014

2.8

Social Worker Interview

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at North Shore LIJ Health System.

Talent acquisition is inconsistent and requires a lot of follow up to get any answers. I missed the chance to interview for a position because they didn't contact me with the outcome of a previous interview after a couple of weeks. Actual interview was very positive.

Maintenance Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glen Cove, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glen Cove, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at North Shore LIJ Health System.

The interview process was straightforward in that I was told to fill out an application and references documentation. I met with the facilities maintenance manager of the school and one of his associates. That part of the interview went very well that thing you answered questions before I ask them. Most questions revolved around skills and abilities to follow through with various tasks that have to do with the daily activities of the school. I was brought before the facility managers boss and that aspect also went very well which led me to believe that they were rather desperate to fill the position.

Interview Questions
    • Can you patch a hole in plaster or replace a faucet or toilet? How do you feel about getting called to fix a paper jam?   Answer Question

Compensation did not meet my current salary.

Unit Service Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at North Shore LIJ Health System.

One interview with nursing manager. She asked simple and direct questions to me. Referred by a current employee so my resume was chosen for an interview. Process took a while to hear back.

No negotiation

Secretary Non Medical Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at North Shore LIJ Health System.

I got a call from HR to come in for a typing test, then I had a brief interview about my goals and expectations. They said I wasn't interviewing for one job but when a job became available they would call me. Five months later I got a call for an interview with the department and then about 2 weeks later an offer.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult aspect was the medical clearance. I had my immunizations so long ago, they needed to be updated and although I didn't wait long it was done on my own time.   Answer Question
    Didn't need to negotiate at all HR was very helpful.

Physician Billing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Hyde Park, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Hyde Park, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at North Shore LIJ Health System.

HR is very professional as they work diligently to fill all open positions listed on the health system's career portal. Overall, the interview process went smoothly. Once you meet with HR, you then move on to interview with the department's hiring manager(s).

Interview Questions
    • I do not remember the specific questions asked in my interview process, but I don't believe there were unexpected or difficult questions asked. Maybe the most difficult is, "Tell me about yourself."   Answer Question
    Negotiation went well as they met my initial asking, so there was no haggle.

Nursing Assistant Interview

one interview with DON and one with the unit manager very easy going and laid back. interview process took about a week. and another few weeks before the job actually started

not able to negotiate

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westbury, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at North Shore LIJ Health System in May 2014.

Applied for position through college career office. Called for in campus interview. After discussing with interviewer he felt I would be a better fit for Financial Reporting side of hospital as opposed to the tax side. He forwarded my resume and didn't hear back from them until a month later. Setup a 1 on 1 interview and was asked to explain current duties at employer, go through my resume, why am I looking for leave my current position. They did have me meet with 3 different managers which one would think that's a good thing but clearly its just their process to weed out candidates.

Pca Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at North Shore LIJ Health System in May 2014.

2 interviews. First interview I did was with 2 managers and 2 people from the staffing office. At first it was nerve wrecking but I became comfortable, they were very nice but informative. Second interview was over the phone it was very brief. Both interviews took about 2 weeks after handing in my resume and I shortly got hired thereafter.

Interview Questions
    • Basic interview questions but the main one is what can you contribute to the health system. Or what do you do if you're with one patient and another patient has a critical emergency?   View Answer

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Great Neck, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Great Neck, NY

I applied in-person – interviewed at North Shore LIJ Health System.

I am a current employee at NSLIJ and was looking to transfer to another department within the company. A position became available and tried to apply. Over 6 weeks ago I was interviewed over the phone for the position for over 45 minutes. I was told repeatedly that I was the only one being considered for the position, but nothing was ever confirmed. I was finally called back 2 days ago to come in for a formal interview with 3 additional people. Since so much time had passed since my initial interview, however, I applied for several positions outside the Health System and am about to accept an offer. Needless to say, I am very disappointed and frustrated in the way my interview at NSLIJ was handled. The ironic part of the situation is that I am interviewing for a position in the HR department!!

Interview Questions
    • How often am I late to work?
      How often do I call in sick?
        Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westbury, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at North Shore LIJ Health System in February 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter. I passed the initial phone interview. The next step was a panel interview with 5 members of the finance department including the senior financial analyst. The interview went well where I asked questions and answered all their inquiries. I sent an email after the interview to thank everyone involved. To this day I haven't heard anything from LIJ Health System.

Interview Questions
    • One thing you would like to change about your last job   Answer Question