North Shore LIJ Health System Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

2.7

Pharmacist Interview

Interview

My interview with LIJ was one of the more extensive interviews I've had. They asked me normal interview questions..like asked me to introduce myself, go through my resume, and then presented me with clinical scenarios and asked me how I would approach these different situations. They asked me about to give them an example of a time when I found myself in a conflict with a nurse and I went about to resolving the issue.

Interview Questions

• A doctor put in an order for IV Tylenol. The hospital has a strict policy on this and has restricted its use to certain patients. The doctor is giving you a difficult time and insists his patient needs this medication. What would you do?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at North Shore LIJ Health System (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

The Nurse Manager, Clinical Educator, and another RN on the floor interviewed me. They asked me the typical questions.. why Lenox Hill, why did you want to be a nurse, asked about some of my past experiences (I was a new grad). They then toured me around the floor. One week later I received an offer from HR. I was very turned off as they mentioned they are still doing paper charting for assessments, it seemed very backwards to me and as if the hospital isn't a progressive one. Pay is roughly 81k for nights, every other weekend, new grad, BSN

Interview Questions

• Why not one of the other hospitals in NSLIJ system on Long Island?   Answer Question

Temporary File Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Hyde Park, NY

Application

I interviewed at North Shore LIJ Health System (New Hyde Park, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

A lot of questions about past jobs,asked questions about vacation time when I did not even sure I was getting the job. The person interviewing me had an attitude with me because I did not have a copy of my transcript with me and did not know I needed to bring that with me.Some irreverent questions were asked because he asked me the same questions that can be seen on my resume about past job experience.

Interview Questions

• vacation time if I knew when I was planning a vacation , why left my last job,what I did at my last job, why I was looking for a new job   Answer Question

Volunteer Interview

Interview

Short interview that involved asking your career goals and where you would like to be placed. It was very relaxed and is mostly a means to learn about your character.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westbury, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at North Shore LIJ Health System (Westbury, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Straight forwards Walk through resume Make sure you review how to enter journal entries and p&l statements There is a skills excel exam it's timed 30mins There's an intial phone screen then there's an in person interview on site.

Nursing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at North Shore LIJ Health System (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I have been applying with lij online since last year i always check every other day on my phone for any openings i finally got my first interview with forest hills hospital for pca. Then on the same day i got a call from a hiring recruiter for an interview at lenox hill hospital for nursing assistant I was hired on the spot was so surprise.

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Hyde Park, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at North Shore LIJ Health System (New Hyde Park, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I was referred by an employee & was told by my referral to apply online. I applied & got a call from a nurse recruiter a week later. She talked to me briefly & asked me a few questions. She then invited me in for an interview 2 days later to meet with the director of the department. The director was very laid back, she asked a few questions, but very basic about my current position & my past experiences. The interview ran for about 40 minutes or so. I thought it went very well. Toward the end of the interview, she told me to get in touch with the recruiter to send my references. I sent my references on Monday & was told mid-week that I'd be contacted as soon as my references came back, but have yet to hear back. This was almost 3 weeks ago!

Patient Access Representatives Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at North Shore LIJ Health System in July 2015.

Interview

Everything went smoothly . They were very nice people. Found out about the job through a hiring agency. In the end the position was offered to me. It was an easy hiring event if you have the experience.

RN Med Surg Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Hyde Park, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at North Shore LIJ Health System (New Hyde Park, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

The Nurse Manager and one of the Charge Nurses conducted a professional and friendly interview. I was extremely impressed with the hospital, the unit, the friendliness of the staff and the interviewers. There were quite a number of RNs being interviewed for the same position. The interview was only 10 to15 minutes in length.

Interview Questions

• Various clinical questions... What would you do if...? Why would you want a job here? Tell me about yourself Tell me about a situation where a patient was unhappy. How did you handle it?   1 Answer

Telemetry Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at North Shore LIJ Health System (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

sit down and meet with a nurse who asks the standard interview questions - what are your best/worst traits etc, why North Shore LIJ, what do you look for in a job