North Shore LIJ

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Director Interview

Interviewed at North Shore LIJ

Interview Details – I submitted my resume online and received a form email from HR saying that I was selected for a phone interview. It told me to call the HR person at my convenience. I called and left a VM which was never returned. I called 4 days later and left another VM which was never returned. Highly unprofessional. Even if they called me at this point, I wouldn't pursue this opportunity. Their loss.

Interview Question – none since they don't return calls to actually have an interview with them!   Answer Question

Planning Analyst Interview

Great Neck, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at North Shore LIJ in May 2012.

Interview Details – I felt that the phone interview went fairly well but the woman I spoke with did not respond to my thank you e-mail at all. I waited about 6 weeks and then contacted the admin who had scheduled the interview. Had to e-mail her twice before the woman with whom I had interviewed finally got back to me. They had already offered the job to an internal candidate which was very dissapointing. I felt that they could have responded to me in a more timely manner. A simple e-mail note stating that they had filled the position would have been fine, just didn't feel that there was any need to keep me on the line for as long as they did.

Also, and this is a critique of the "equal opportunity emloyment" policies in general, I am profoundly tired of interviewing for positions that have already been ear-marked for internal candidates. I am almost tempted to inquire in my next interview whether or not I am actually being considered as a candidate for the job or if they are simply conducting interviews with external candidates to maintain their equal opportunity employer status. I don't think that they can legally not post the job (despite its essentially already having been filled) but it is a very unfair system to job seekers, especially in these tough economic times.

Interview Question – What do you consider to be the top three problems facing healthcare today?   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Manager Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at North Shore LIJ in March 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online directly to a job posting. Got a phone call around 6.15pm a few nights later and spent about 40 minutes on the call. I got the impression the recruiter was reading from a script of questions because she asked me the same question twice. When I said she already asked me that question she said she needed more information. When I gave an answer to the question she said “oh yea, I did ask you that one already”. Despite her telling me that I would definitely hear from her again I never did and that was almost three months ago. It’s so easy to communicate with candidates through Applicant Tracking Systems these days. A simple “ thanks, but no thanks” email just takes one click. So a tumbs down for professional courtesy at NSLIJ.

Interview Question – How many people have you managed?   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Coordinator Interview

Lake Success, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at North Shore LIJ in April 2010.

Interview Details – recruiter asked questions from a worksheet- I didnt get a good vibe of company. she did not respond to my thank you e-mail, which is rude.

Interview Question – what was the most difficult situation you had to deal with at work so far?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for North Shore LIJ? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at North Shore LIJ interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by North Shore LIJ employees and interview candidates.