North Star Resource Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Financial Services Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at North Star Resource Group in April 2011.

Interview Details – I was asked to first take a short online assessment, only half-hour long. They ask 72 questions, and duplicate each one. The first time they ask you to answer as you believe would make the most favorable impression. The second time--same question--they'll ask you to answer as truthfully as possible.

Then when I came in, the interview was ridiculously easy, to the point of making me suspicious (sure enough, as you'll see...). Basically, she asked me if I had any questions. Then we went over my resume, where she asked me to talk about each one of my previous job experiences. And then, once more, she asked if I had any questions. That was it.

Interview Question – Tell me about your previous work experience. (honestly, this is all she asked, besides asking if I had any questions, that's why it was ridiculously easy)   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I'd done my research beforehand, and found out you have to pay a lot of your own money to become licensed to sell financial services. Income's almost entirely commission. For every 20 client-meets during training, you only get $250. Overall, it's just not worth it, not at all. I've heard of people actually LOSING money at this job.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at North Star Resource Group

Worked for North Star Resource Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at North Star Resource Group Financial Services interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by North Star Resource Group employees and interview candidates.