North Star Resource Group

Updated Oct 9, 2014

Interviews for Top Jobs at North Star Resource Group

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at North Star Resource Group in September 2014.

Process took about 1.5 months, three phone interviews (one with recruiter, one with future mentor, one with regional manager), one in person interview, and a personality test. Had to fill out a really long booklet and prepare a marketing plan.

Interview Questions

I got a better offer somewhere else

Other Interview Reviews for North Star Resource Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at North Star Resource Group in March 2014.

Two phone interviews followed by a third one that should have been in person, but due to my location at school the third one was also held over the phone. Straight forward interview questions about future, past accomplishments and jobs.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me 5 characteristics that best describe yourself, and a reason why for each one.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at North Star Resource Group in April 2013.

Two phone interviews. Followed by an in person interview. Interview was 30 minutes with just the recruiter. Very straight forward questions about future, why financial advising, etc.

Interview Questions
    • What was your biggest failure/accomplishment during your last job?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at North Star Resource Group in December 2011.

Received a call telling me to take a personality test. The personality test is long and is usually failed towards the end. Note: it is easy to fail. Apparently 80% of candidates fail.

Apparently, should I have passed the test, I would have had a long interview process consisting of sales pitches, meeting with senior executives, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Personality Test: Which would you believe that employers like to hear?   View Answer