North Star Resource Group Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2015

2.7

Client Relations Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at North Star Resource Group in March 2015.

Interview

Overall it was a very long interview process. Before the steps began I was told to get interviews with other firms, this alone added 3 weeks to the interview process. Then once the actual interviewing began, I talked with about 6 current advisors so that was pretty close to another 6 weeks of interviewing.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at North Star Resource Group (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2014.

Interview

There is an initial phone screen done by a recruiter to gauge your interest. Then they will have you take metrics test to find your strengths and current life outlook. They will do another brief phone interview to discuss your results. There will be a final interview with a recruiter, then another advisor, and finally the Intern Liason.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a Financial Advisor?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at North Star Resource Group (Baltimore, MD) in January 2015.

Interview

Called by HR, personality test. Skype interview with VP. I think that it was pretty easy, just be cool and laid back. The managers seemed okay to talk too, but the interns looked pretty depressed. It looks like things could turn out bad for me as an intern, so I declined.

Supervisor, Adviser Technical Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at North Star Resource Group (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

The process started with filling a form that required me to enter basic information such as Past experience, qualifications etc. Once that was done, I was asked to go to the third floor. As soon as I got off the lift, the interviewer was waiting for me.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation you faced and how did you resolve the situation?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at North Star Resource Group in September 2014.

Interview

Process took about 1.5 months, three phone interviews (one with recruiter, one with future mentor, one with regional manager), one in person interview, and a personality test. Had to fill out a really long booklet and prepare a marketing plan.

Interview Questions

I got a better offer somewhere else

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at North Star Resource Group (Denver, CO) in February 2014.

Interview

Many steps. First I needed to pass a personality test to make it to the phone interview. From the phone interview there was an in-person interview with two people. Needed to complete a project that included my natural market and a questionnaire

Interview Questions

• Is this something you really want to do for the rest of your life?   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at North Star Resource Group (Austin, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

skills/personality assessment to start, then interviewed with recruiter, was called back to interview with two advisors, then got to meet with my potential boss/mentor, lastly I was called back to be made an offer and start paperwork. The whole process took a while but it was thorough and not too difficult

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was little room to negotiate because the program structure has been in place for so long and I didn't want to sacrifice my commission payout to take a base salary

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at North Star Resource Group in January 2010.

Interview

I reached out to a local office regarding a marketing internship in my senior year of college. I had my initial interview with the office manager, then a national level recruiter then the senior partner in the branch office.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about becoming a financial advisor? What makes North Star unique?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at North Star Resource Group (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2014.

Interview

Two phone interviews followed by a third one that should have been in person, but due to my location at school the third one was also held over the phone. Straight forward interview questions about future, past accomplishments and jobs.

Interview Questions

• Tell me 5 characteristics that best describe yourself, and a reason why for each one.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at North Star Resource Group (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2013.

Interview

Two phone interviews. Followed by an in person interview. Interview was 30 minutes with just the recruiter. Very straight forward questions about future, why financial advising, etc.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest failure/accomplishment during your last job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation