NorthShore University HealthSystem

Updated Oct 20, 2014
Updated Oct 20, 2014

2.8

Patient Care Technician Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NorthShore University HealthSystem.

I first met with the Practice Manager for about 30 minutes. We went over general departmental workflows and what my role would be. I then sat with 3 of the current PCT's, which was a bit intimidating, for another 30-40 minutes.

I got a call a few days later from the Practice Manager saying she would like me to come back in to meet the Physicians. That part of the interview process was very informal. They mostly asked where I was from and what my interests were.

I got an offer call the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Before meeting with the practice in person, I had to go to a different location to take a computer test--typing speed, number of mistakes etc.   Answer Question
    They were very firm. The position requires only a High School Diploma and while I have a Bachelors, they were unwilling to raise the base pay.

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at NorthShore University HealthSystem.

I received an email with a request for a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and covered my clinical experience and why I was choosing Northshore. I was invited for an in person interview at the end of the phone call and later that day received an email with interview times. I had an in person interview the next week and first met with the HR person who interviewed me over the phone and then a second meeting with the nurse managers from the floors I was interviewing for. Most questions were behavioral based "Tell me about a time where..." and they want examples of patient interactions and how you handled those situations. There were several of the basic "strengths and weakness" questions as well.

Interview Questions
    • "Why should we choose you over the other candidates we are interviewing"   Answer Question

Patient Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NorthShore University HealthSystem in August 2014.

1. Phone interview
    2. Typing and Computer test (pretty basic) just be able to type at least 30 wpm
    3. In person interview with the particular location
    * it was a really organized experience and I like the vibe that I got from all the people that I interacted with. They give chances to new college grads, which is a plus.*

Interview Questions
    • My interview was very relaxed , no question really got to me.   Answer Question
    It wasn't really one.

Staff Accountant Interview

Recruiter will schedule a phone interview, then a face to face with heads of the departments. All day interview. Will be spaced out, some managers may cancel day of depending on the schedule of the day.

Hospital Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenview, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenview, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NorthShore University HealthSystem.

Pretty simple, a little intimidating because you are being interview by three people at the same time. Process is pretty quick.

Interview Questions
    • None that I can actually think of. Pretty basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Patient Support Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NorthShore University HealthSystem.

Initial phone interview
    cpu proficiency screening
    phone interview
    in person interview
    drug test/ tb screening
    job offer

Interview Questions
    • Explaining what you can offer in this position.   View Answer

Critical Care RN Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at NorthShore University HealthSystem.

They will questions regarding conflict resolution r/t patient, family ,members,co-workers.Recent initiative r/t cultural diversity and being sensitive to cultural beliefs."Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a co-worker or manager.What did you do to resolve, address the situation.Always fall back on corporate policy,yes CORPORATE(it is a business).
    Care values.patient rights/responsibilities.Performance improvement in day of Medicare cutbacks,etc.Ways to save money while protecting patient outcomes.

Interview Questions
    • Many HR folks now ask " do you have any corrective action or performance improvement currently active in your chart? AWKWARD......   View Answer
    Make sure you have a portfolio of your achievements.Awards, recognition from past jobs.Letters, cards emails etc pertaining to above should be in your portfolio.Maintain HIPPA,cross out patient names etc...

RN Critical Care Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NorthShore University HealthSystem in February 2014.

Very easy process. Prefer to hire from within. Meet with HR who asks normal strength/weakness type of questions. The HR interviewer was very easy to speak with. The manager was very frank and honest about the job expectations and their management style.

Interview Questions
    • I can't think of one. It was a while ago. But it is always good to come up with a weakness which can be turned into a strength.   Answer Question

Radiology Support Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NorthShore University HealthSystem in December 2013.

You get a call from HR to see if you meet the initial qualifications. If you do, HR interviews you. If they like you. your resume and their notes gets passed on to the manager. They most definitely have an internal candidate for most clinical positions, so you sometimes go through all of this when they were only posting because they legally have to.

Interview Questions
    There was none. Pay is set for contract help

Patient Access Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NorthShore University HealthSystem.

1. Phone interview
    2. Interview with HR manager, this inclues 3 tests
        typing at least 30 WPM
        Microsoft Word
        Microsoft Outlook
        Interview with HR manager
    3. Interview with three different managers at the same time

Interview Questions
    • What is your worst quality or something you may need to work on?   Answer Question