NorthShore University HealthSystem Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2015

2.8

Digital Content Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NorthShore University HealthSystem (Evanston, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

After submitting online I was interviewed over the phone twice, once by an HR admin and then by the hiring manager. I was then asked by the HR admin about my salary requirements and when I'd be free to come in for an in-person interview and then I never heard from anybody again, even after multiple follow-ups.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard fare about my prior experience, how I work in a team, my goals for the future.   Answer Question

Patient Care Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NorthShore University HealthSystem.

Interview

I first met with the Practice Manager for about 30 minutes. We went over general departmental workflows and what my role would be. I then sat with 3 of the current PCT's, which was a bit intimidating, for another 30-40 minutes. I got a call a few days later from the Practice Manager saying she would like me to come back in to meet the Physicians. That part of the interview process was very informal. They mostly asked where I was from and what my interests were. I got an offer call the next day.

Interview Questions

• Before meeting with the practice in person, I had to go to a different location to take a computer test--typing speed, number of mistakes etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were very firm. The position requires only a High School Diploma and while I have a Bachelors, they were unwilling to raise the base pay.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NorthShore University HealthSystem.

Interview

I received an email with a request for a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and covered my clinical experience and why I was choosing Northshore. I was invited for an in person interview at the end of the phone call and later that day received an email with interview times. I had an in person interview the next week and first met with the HR person who interviewed me over the phone and then a second meeting with the nurse managers from the floors I was interviewing for. Most questions were behavioral based "Tell me about a time where..." and they want examples of patient interactions and how you handled those situations. There were several of the basic "strengths and weakness" questions as well.

Interview Questions

• "Why should we choose you over the other candidates we are interviewing"   Answer Question

Patient Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NorthShore University HealthSystem (Chicago, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

1. Phone interview 2. Typing and Computer test (pretty basic) just be able to type at least 30 wpm 3. In person interview with the particular location * it was a really organized experience and I like the vibe that I got from all the people that I interacted with. They give chances to new college grads, which is a plus.*

Interview Questions

• My interview was very relaxed , no question really got to me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It wasn't really one.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

Interview

Recruiter will schedule a phone interview, then a face to face with heads of the departments. All day interview. Will be spaced out, some managers may cancel day of depending on the schedule of the day.

Hospital Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NorthShore University HealthSystem (Glenview, IL).

Interview

Pretty simple, a little intimidating because you are being interview by three people at the same time. Process is pretty quick.

Interview Questions

• None that I can actually think of. Pretty basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Patient Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NorthShore University HealthSystem.

Interview

Initial phone interview cpu proficiency screening phone interview in person interview drug test/ tb screening job offer

Interview Questions

• Explaining what you can offer in this position.   1 Answer

Critical Care RN Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at NorthShore University HealthSystem.

Interview

They will questions regarding conflict resolution r/t patient, family ,members,co-workers.Recent initiative r/t cultural diversity and being sensitive to cultural beliefs."Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a co-worker or manager.What did you do to resolve, address the situation.Always fall back on corporate policy,yes CORPORATE(it is a business). Care values.patient rights/responsibilities.Performance improvement in day of Medicare cutbacks,etc.Ways to save money while protecting patient outcomes.

Interview Questions

• Many HR folks now ask " do you have any corrective action or performance improvement currently active in your chart? AWKWARD......   1 Answer

Negotiation

Make sure you have a portfolio of your achievements.Awards, recognition from past jobs.Letters, cards emails etc pertaining to above should be in your portfolio.Maintain HIPPA,cross out patient names etc...

RN Critical Care Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NorthShore University HealthSystem in February 2014.

Interview

Very easy process. Prefer to hire from within. Meet with HR who asks normal strength/weakness type of questions. The HR interviewer was very easy to speak with. The manager was very frank and honest about the job expectations and their management style.

Interview Questions

• I can't think of one. It was a while ago. But it is always good to come up with a weakness which can be turned into a strength.   Answer Question

Patient Access Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NorthShore University HealthSystem.

Interview

1. Phone interview 2. Interview with HR manager, this inclues 3 tests typing at least 30 WPM Microsoft Word Microsoft Outlook Interview with HR manager 3. Interview with three different managers at the same time

Interview Questions

• What is your worst quality or something you may need to work on?   Answer Question