Northeast Utilities

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative
Manchester, NH

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Northeast Utilities.

Interview Details – Process took about 1-2 weeks. Typical behavioral interview. Drug testing and background screen required. Expect phone interview and meeting with 2 people in person.

Interview Question – Typical behavioral interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was a set amount per hour, no negotiation.

Community Relations Specialist Interview

Berlin, CT

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Northeast Utilities in October 2013.

Interview Details – After an online resume submission I received an email from someone in HR who set up an interview for me. At the interview initially me with a different HR person for an initial screening. This person didn't really know any specifics of the job. Then met with two managers from Community Relations for one hour.

Interview Question – There were more questions with regard to one specific incident in my work history rather than the overall experience and background that I possessed. Give us a situation and how you handled this situation. Questions were geared toward a more junior candidate with less experience.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Berlin, CT

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northeast Utilities in March 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by HR after submitting my resume through a job posting on the NU careers site. I then interviewed with two people in IT (an IT manager and another employee in IT work management). It was mostly behavioral ("give me a situation where you had to...") and they also asked about my major and classes I had taken (since this was my first internship and I was a sophomore going into my junior year). Very light, non-specific, technical questions were asked, and I just gave very general responses ("how would you debug a program").

Interview Question – how would do object-oriented methods help in developing an application   Answer Question

ENGINEERING OFFICE Interview

Berlin, CT

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Northeast Utilities in August 2010.

Interview Details – This company uses a "behavior based" interview process. The questions go like this; tell me about a time that you made an error, how did you correct it? How did you feel about it? or another one would be "tell me about the last difficult decision you had to make", why was it difficult?

They let you know that the interview is this type beforehand. Even though these type or not really "difficult", I found it difficult for me. Sometimes I was wondering if they were looking at my answers to be just work related or did they want them to be life related. Whatever the case, I didn't end up being offered the position, I was up against about 12 others. Just wasnt meant to be I guess.

Interview Question – Tell me the last time you made a mistake and what you did to correct it.   View Answer

Windsor Locks, CT

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Northeast Utilities in June 2010.

Interview Details – First got an email telling me to schedule a day to come in for a skills test. Signed up for a date. Showed up. Was then told, that it would be broken down into a Typing Test. Then IF you pass a Customer Service Rep Test. Then if you pass that you get a brief 1:1 pre-interview. Then, you are in limbo, then someone calls and schedules a phone interview. After phone interview you finally get a face to face interview with two managers. It was at the end of their day which I wouldn't recommend, because the interviewers were both literally with a foot out the door. After the face to face, they sit you down with a Customer Service Rep and let you listen to calls. Except in my case, they left for the day and left me with the representative, the rep ended up walking me out. Then after all this, I got a brief email telling me that they were not interested. Very frustrating interview process for an entry level position.

Interview Question – Talk about a time when you let a customer down, and what you di?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Northeast Utilities in December 2011.

Interview Details – Met with five different people. Everyone seemed very friendly and genuinely seemed to like working at the company. It seems like a great place to work from what they described.

Interview Question – What was your easiest and most difficult class?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Northeast Utilities in April 2009.

Interview Details – Standard competency based interview

Negotiation Details – not much room for negotiation

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Northeast Utilities? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Northeast Utilities interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Northeast Utilities employees and interview candidates.