Northeastern Illinois University

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Professor Interview

Assistant Professor
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Northeastern Illinois University in March 2009.

Interview Details – Interview process is very well organized. There is a search and screen process which involves a scripted phone interview. Be prepared to answer questions about the university, student-body, etc. The second phase is an on-campus interview. This is a full-day event. There will be a public seminar (on research) and individual interviews with the faculty, dean, and provost. These meetings are less scripted; often the interviewer is trying to decide if the candidate is a good fit for the department/university.

Interview Question – Describe your doctoral research to an 8th grade student.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Adjunct Professor Interview

Adjunct Professor

The process took a day - interviewed at Northeastern Illinois University in April 2012.

Interview Details – I am offered teaching on a course by course basis. The interview consists of determining my availability. This does not apply to this type of work.

Interview Question – Would you like to help me more with my job?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Northeastern Illinois University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Northeastern Illinois University interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Northeastern Illinois University employees and interview candidates.