Northeastern University

2.9

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Northeastern University.

The hiring and interview process were very quick and speedy. I was referred to the position by an employee, making the process swifter for me.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't really any difficult questions asked of me.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation at all. I thought I deserved a better salary, and HR's calculations agreed with my findings, but the department would not budge.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Northeastern University.

I searched online for professors at the MIE department in college of engineering and found the ones with research programs close to my interest and experience and knock on their door for 1-1 interviews.
    After a resume check and discussion about the research funding available for a PhD degree, I read a couple of papers and presented them either to the PI or the research team under supervision of the same PI.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions but high quality energy and studying is required...   View Answer
    No negotiation, fixed income.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Northeastern University in January 2014.

The interview was held by Tatayana. I had a wonderful interview experience. I was asked to solve a sum on Molarity which was not very straight forward. I had to think for a while and apply the necessary basics I studied in my under graduation. At the end I cracked the sum and was appreciated for the same. Also we had a general talk about my experience in the field of pharmacy.

Interview Questions
    • The sum had a few tricky parts and I was caught up in that for a while but later was able to deduce the answer.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Northeastern University.

manager do the initial phone interview, and the controller and hiring manager do the second round on-site interviews

Interview Questions
    I asked for a higher offer and they accepted

Research Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Most of these positions is thorough proper channel, recommendation from mentors are critical. Overall performance of candidate and fit is key for job postings.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult part is to manage lab, research and teaching duties.   Answer Question
    Pretty much took the offer as is not much room for negotiation

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northeastern University in July 2013.

I was contacted to come in for an interview during which I met with the two employees with whom I would be interacting most often. They had very different interviewing styles -one gentleman asked a lot of hypothetical questions, the other asked more about my experience and background. This interview led to a second round interview where I had to present to about 15 of my potential colleagues on the subject matter I would eventually be working in and try to convince them to do business with us. It was daunting to say the least, but through informational interviewing beforehand, luckily I knew a handful of people in the room already. This was followed up with a third round 1:1 interview with the director of the group who was a bit intimidating, but just honestly wanted to get a feel for me as a person and evaluate if I was up to the task since my experience was transferrable, but not in exactly the same field. This interview ended in a preemptive negotiation on potential salary and a verbal agreement on a number and agreement that pending any problems with paperwork, etc. I was hired. A follow-up call confirmed the offer and I requested and was provided with a written offer letter before giving my notice elsewhere.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was something like - how do you think you will be able to contribute to this team/make a difference in the role.   View Answer
    I had been overpaid in my previous position with less responsibility, so I was hoping that this role would include another raise, but I wasn't certain that would be the case. On a hypothetical scale of 20k, I asked for 20, since I had been making 10 and the manager offered 11, saying she only had 13 in her budget. I countered with the request that we meet in the middle at 12 and I would earn a raise after the first year.

DSP Lab Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Northeastern University in July 2013.

basic question about signal processing , image processing and C programming , and question about probabilities as well. Also talked about the project I'm going to deal with.... just a in-person talk, then give me few days to think about if I want to do the project, then get started

Computer Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Northeastern University.

Send a email with resume to the supervisor, then get an interview next day
    basic question about your resume, ask you for suggestion for improvement of the DMC

Enrollment Contact Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dedham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dedham, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Northeastern University.

Two separate phone screens and then a group interview with a few staff members and members of management in person (one manager conference-called in to it).

Interview Questions
    We talked around salary and after the interview I received a call from a senior member of the management team offering me a salary. I expressed concern that it was lower than what I was looking for but was going to accept with the idea of trying to take advantage of bonus structures and so on.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northeastern University in October 2012.

Recruiter called for an initial phone interview