Northeastern University Graduate Research Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014
Updated Oct 16, 2014

4.0

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

four month intern under current boss to familiar the lab and relate background, ensure the boss to hire you in the lab. the boss is very friendly and willing to help to improve yourself. equipment and lab environment were better than before due to more invest from university.

Other Interview Reviews for Northeastern University

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Northeastern University.

Just involved an exchange of resume with the Hiring manager, a very brief interview with the professor about my skills and past experience

Interview Questions
    • will you be able to read and understand papers from a subject not related to you?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Northeastern University.

I searched online for professors at the MIE department in college of engineering and found the ones with research programs close to my interest and experience and knock on their door for 1-1 interviews.
    After a resume check and discussion about the research funding available for a PhD degree, I read a couple of papers and presented them either to the PI or the research team under supervision of the same PI.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions but high quality energy and studying is required...   View Answer
    No negotiation, fixed income.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Northeastern University in January 2014.

The interview was held by Tatayana. I had a wonderful interview experience. I was asked to solve a sum on Molarity which was not very straight forward. I had to think for a while and apply the necessary basics I studied in my under graduation. At the end I cracked the sum and was appreciated for the same. Also we had a general talk about my experience in the field of pharmacy.

Interview Questions
    • The sum had a few tricky parts and I was caught up in that for a while but later was able to deduce the answer.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Northeastern University.

1 phone interview with a professor. Fairly simple. In science and engineering, due to the humongous amount of foreign applicants, the unwritten rule is that they take in all Americans.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Northeastern University in March 2010.

Application to graduate school usually requires face to face interviews. So situations vary a lot.
    When she asked me a lot about materials science, I really do not know too much about material systems. I tried my best to memorize from my internship about manufacturing and machining experience and also try to account for from the perspective of mechanics. It worked