Northern Alberta Institute of Technology

Updated Jun 1, 2015

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Northern Alberta Institute of Technology

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northern Alberta Institute of Technology in January 2011.

Interview

very nice. they were upfront and personal about some things. i like the guy that interviewed me. make sure you ask about their lives. met with the hiring manager. then meet with a two-person panel and was asked a bunch of "what would you do" questions. its ok to say i dont know.

SSCC Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (Edmonton, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Met with HR and Supervisor. Seemed rather casual and bit unprofessional. Supervisor had a weird stare and snorted at my answers. Could not believe this was even happening. Through me off and made me a bit defensive. At the end, it was clear I did not want to work with this group of people.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with little to no supervision? ...really? What the heck does the supervisor do then?   Answer Question

Did not like the casual and unprofessional attitude of supervisor. Very poor impression made.

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied online, and did not hear from them for a month or so. Then, got an email which instructed me to create a Skype account for the interview. The interview was a panel interview. Very basic questions about the classroom management and content delivery. I found the interview to be very easy to manage. I was surprised that they did not invite for an in location interview and to give me a tour of the location. Later, found out that there is a high turn over rate, and they do not care because many hired leave before a year is over.

Interview Questions

• Very basic and easy to answer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Enterprise Development Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in May 2012.

Interview

After receiving a phone call to set up a time, I met with 4 members of the organization: an HR rep, my two supervisors and the entrepreneur I would be working most closely with (in an assisting role). The interview was 1 hour and gave me a few questions on what my accomplishments/workstyle was like and then gave me a chance to ask questions and tell my own story.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with uncommitted clients?   1 Answer

Negotiation

As it is a unionized job with pre-defined benefits, very little.

Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Northern Alberta Institute of Technology in October 2009.

Interview

received communication email from company recruiter. i reviewed the role description and emailed her baack. she called me and we set up a phone interview, we had phone interview and she forwarded my resume to the hiring manager. had phone interview with hiring manager, and flown to HQ following week. spoke with siring manager, group vp, marketing director, another director and another VP.

Interview Questions

• strength/weak
      experience with statistics
      experience with Lean

1 Answer

Negotiation

initially offered 93,000, nego to 95,000. recent raise of 3.5% 98, 325