Northern Arizona University Interview Questions

Updated Apr 28, 2015

2.6

Senior Systems Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Northern Arizona University.

Interview

1 phone interview with 3 people, fairly easy, tons of programming questions, but again easy ones, second interview in person with about 12 people sitting around a table. tons of technical questions, about half programming and about half systems administration

Interview Questions

• what protocol runs on port 443?   1 Answer

Negotiation

not open to negotiation

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northern Arizona University.

Interview

Informal interview with director sitting in the administrator's office in northern campus. He was very nice and they needed a replacement for the previous web developer. He asked me several questions and the interview went very well.

Interview Questions

• Are you a fast learner and do you know flash?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They told me what I would be paid and I agreed.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Northern Arizona University.

Interview

Submitted an application to the University for the PhD Program. Was accepted but only after they offered me a paying position while other universities offered me free tuition. If I had known about the near double cost of living expenses in Flagstaff I would have turned them down for a more urban environment where the option to work outside of the University was viable.

Negotiation

Signing a letter

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northern Arizona University.

Interview

I found the position open on Jobs for Jacks (site for students to find jobs). I emailed the main coordinator saying I was interested in applying and asked for the application, then I filled out the detailed application with a few long questions (asking about how you deal with conflicts, etc.). A faculty member of NAU that I was in a program with sent in a recommendation for me, though I don't think it's necessary. I was asked in for an interview and it was a basic process. Questions about why I think I'm right for the job, my past experience, classic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Why are you most interested you about this position?   1 Answer

Assistant Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flagstaff, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Northern Arizona University (Flagstaff, AZ).

Interview

I was hired as an intern to assist with the editing of the catalog for The Institute for Human Development.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The job was an internship so it only lasted the spring semester of 2006 while I attended graduate school at Northern Arizona University.

Mobile Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flagstaff, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Northern Arizona University (Flagstaff, AZ) in August 2013.

Interview

Outline what you want to achieve and what you need to complete your project.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation allowed.

Postdoctoral Scholar Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flagstaff, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northern Arizona University (Flagstaff, AZ) in January 2013.

Interview

I submitted my application and CV to a job advert on an email list serve, and was contacted to set up a phone interview with two of the supervisors of the position about a week later. It was unexpectedly brief and consisted only of one phone interview, and no visit. It was a conversation that lasted approximately 30 or 40 minutes, and I was called back and offered the position a week later.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I thought I would handle learned new skills that were completely foreign to me.   Answer Question

Systems Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flagstaff, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Northern Arizona University (Flagstaff, AZ) in February 2012.

Interview

Submitted resume online at NAU HR website, after several months (resumes screening and panel discussion, I found out later), did a phone interview with five people - hiring manager and four others (various backgrounds, financial, IT, academic and department). Called in for in person interview which lasted around five hours (they provided lunch), given tour of facility, interview, met several potential co-workers, then lunch and meeting with student workers. Came away very excited about the possibility of working there, especially for the hiring manager. Received call ten days later with offer and start date. Accepted immediately.

Interview Questions

• No questions were out of the ordinary, the most difficult for me has always been what is the weakness that you need to work on.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They made an offer, it was the posted salary on the website. I did not haggle, I accepted right away.

Program Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northern Arizona University in February 2012.

Interview

Keep checking the HR website. There are some great positions available! The interview process can vary between departments, but for my newest position, it was a quick hiring process. One interview, job was announced shortly after the interview, and I was able to start immediately.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you deserve this position over any other candidate?   Answer Question

Print Shop Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flagstaff, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Northern Arizona University (Flagstaff, AZ) in August 2011.

Interview

pretty easy. Just a few short informal questions. Showed me around the office. Introduced me to staff, asked what wage I wanted. offered me the job on the spot. yay

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to run a copier   1 Answer