Northern Tool + Equipment

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager

Interviewed at Northern Tool + Equipment

Interview Details – All the usual questions. Why there? Strengths, weaknesses, where you see yourself in 5-10 years within the company or not. A story of leadership or overcoming unruly customers and associates. Problem you have to fix. etc. depending on the person interviewing you, it can be very casual. Still, dress like you're an adult that wants a job, and prepare the same.

Interview Question – I didn't experience any odd-ball questions, they are pretty personable and straight forward. No psychological thrillers here.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – easy, just stick to you're guns on what you KNOW you are worth, and don't get suckered into accepting less. They need to start stepping up their offers to retain real talent or their stores sales and customer base are going to suffer from dissatisfied, disenchanted associates. Heed that warning corporate. See it already happening, and your customers are telling us that. Treat your employees better and get actually motivated management.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Northern Tool + Equipment.

Interview Details – Hiring Process was quick, interviewed twice in a week. A lot of distractions during both interviews. Not really prepared for interviews.

Interview Question – Unexpected question was "Do you plan to get rich here?" If so this is not the place.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating. Never given an opportunity to do so.

Sales Interview

Sales

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Northern Tool + Equipment in November 2010.

Interview Details – Easy

Negotiation Details – None

SAM Interview

SAM
Garland, TX

I applied online and interviewed at Northern Tool + Equipment.

Interview Details – Unprofessional, many interruptions,no structure. Other mgrs walking in and out of office. You would think store mgr would have set some time aside in a private setting. Office was messy and cluttered, empty drink cups, spilt coffee on counter. Looked more like construction site.

Interview Question – Really nothing. Was told one thing in interview, but was not true after hired.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Asked for 40 they offered 38k

Marketing Analyst Interview

Marketing Analyst
Burnsville, MN

I applied through other source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Northern Tool + Equipment.

Interview Details – Submitted a resume at the recommendation of a friend already working for Northern Tool. I received a call from the hiring manager a few days later and scheduled an interview for the following week. First interview included only key players within the hiring group. Second round included some of the same individuals from the first round, plus the VP of Marketing. I didn't provide, nor did they request references.

Interview Question – Nothing too tricky here.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – We negotiated pay fairly easily, but they were very inflexible on the vacation time. That was a deal-breaker for me, so I initially declined the offer. They later came back with a concession.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Woodbury, MN

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Northern Tool + Equipment in July 2010.

Interview Details – Extremely unprepared and basically sat in front of you with a book of questions. I think I could have said the color was blue no matter the question and been hired. Very unprofessional atmosphere and extremely low pay for requirements of the job. Furthermore there is a absolute lack of job training they basically had you a book and your supposed to learn everything on your own which can be tricky but they were all about the red and manager training program.

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation only here take it or let the door hit you in the ****

Worked for Northern Tool + Equipment? Contribute to the Community!