Northern Trust Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jan 26, 2015
Updated Jan 26, 2015

2.8

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Northern Trust.

The interview process was pretty standard. First, I was contacted via phone for a 15-minute pre-screening interview. The recruiter was direct and courteous. Then a second interview (in-person) was scheduled. On the day of the interview, I met with the recruiter prior to meeting with the manager in charge. The manager was nice and very knowledgeable. Overall, the process was smooth and easy. The manager explained about the position and the duties of the position, as it was not clear in the job post. I was asked some behavioral questions and technical skills (nothing complex).

Interview Questions
  • How knowledgeable are you in Excel? Have you used VBA, Macros, etc?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Northern Trust

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Northern Trust.

Very fun interview process. I met with two managers and two team leaders, which really gave me a good sense of who I would be working with on a daily basis.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Northern Trust in May 2014.

Received a call for an interview a month after I applied online. Discuss salary w/HR over phone & then had 3 interview. Sent thank you emails along with a follow-up email weeks after the 2nd interview. No response ever received.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing to difficult. Questions were like explain your day-to-day work schedule? Any improvements you made that impact your current position? Do you work well with others...etc?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Northern Trust.

It was over 7 years ago, so don't remember much

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northern Trust in March 2011.

Got interview through recruiter. Had one day of interviews. Had 4 interviews with members of the team. Pretty standard questions such as "What have you done to resolve conflict on the job?" Also asked what type of work environment you prefer.

Not able to negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Northern Trust in January 2009.

Called in the office for first interview along with other candidates

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Northern Trust.

Please brush up with the basics of accounts,finance,investment banking.

Step 1:- Group discussion it was more of a talk on your own topic.

Step 2:- Aptitude test.

Step 3:- Hr round questions are asked from your cv.

Step 4:- Technical round :- basic questions derivatives, bonds, banks.

Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Northern Trust.

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days.

Brush up your fundamentals well........be good with people part and technical skills both. So, first a technical round and then subsequent an HR round. Questions included different models of valuation,accounting and other stuffs. They also try to check your stress level so be patient and confident. Rest all is history!

Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Northern Trust in November 2014.

4 rounds.1st GD.2nd Aptitude.next 2 rounds hr and operational round.i attended interview in 21st Nov 2014.i cleared 2 rounds of interview and they told u will get a call next week from our hr for next 2 round.but still I dint got any call or response from this company.first 2 rounds are easy I cleared.still am waiting for the call .I don't know when I ll get or not.

Interview Questions
    • I dint faced ant questions bcz I dint attended other 2 rounds   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Northern Trust in October 2014.

It was walk-in drive . first round was about writing about anything and speak the same for 2 minutes.
    they declared result their only . after that 2nd round that was aptitute test for 60 minutes which includes reasoning English and maths. 3rd round was HR round in which they as question like what is mutual fund,derrivatives, sebi,ect with explanation. and last round was managerial round.