Northern Trust Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2015

2.8

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Northern Trust.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. First, I was contacted via phone for a 15-minute pre-screening interview. The recruiter was direct and courteous. Then a second interview (in-person) was scheduled. On the day of the interview, I met with the recruiter prior to meeting with the manager in charge. The manager was nice and very knowledgeable. Overall, the process was smooth and easy. The manager explained about the position and the duties of the position, as it was not clear in the job post. I was asked some behavioral questions and technical skills (nothing complex).

Interview Questions

• How knowledgeable are you in Excel? Have you used VBA, Macros, etc?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Northern Trust

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very fun interview process. I met with two managers and two team leaders, which really gave me a good sense of who I would be working with on a daily basis.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

Received a call for an interview a month after I applied online. Discuss salary w/HR over phone & then had 3 interview. Sent thank you emails along with a follow-up email weeks after the 2nd interview. No response ever received.

Interview Questions

• Nothing to difficult. Questions were like explain your day-to-day work schedule? Any improvements you made that impact your current position? Do you work well with others...etc?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It was over 7 years ago, so don't remember much

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

First I was referred - and after submitting an application I came in for an interview. The first interview was with HR - very standard. This was a soft screen which lead to the most comprehensive "super day" of sorts. I met with 6 managers for 45 minutes each. Most questions were behavioral with some technical finance questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

Got interview through recruiter. Had one day of interviews. Had 4 interviews with members of the team. Pretty standard questions such as "What have you done to resolve conflict on the job?" Also asked what type of work environment you prefer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in January 2009.

Interview

Called in the office for first interview along with other candidates

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taguig (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Northern Trust (Taguig (Philippines)).

Interview

I applied on their website and got a text from the HR regarding the details of the exam and interview few days/weeks after. The exam is composed of two parts: cognitive (logic, grammar, charts, etc) and excel exam. The exam is easy, you don't need to think too much. The test took around at least 45 mins to finish I guess. Then after the exam, the HR told me that I passed so I had the HR interview the same day. The HR then set a date for the final interview for me next week, but got cancelled a day before. Then I had to ask for updates when will I have my final interview, but it turns out that they already filled the slots.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply here? Why did you leave your current job?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Northern Trust (Bangalore (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

the first round is basically essay writing, I don't why they call it a GD. You just have to write about a topic you have chosen and later on explain about it without the written material. The 2nd round is an Aptitude test with 60 questions for which you have 60 minutes. Be prepared to wait for the results as they take quite a while and their own sweet time. we were made to wait for an hour and a half. the next round is the HR round and finally the Managerial round.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Northern Trust (Bangalore (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

The whole process took two days, with the following rounds: 1) Communication Skills Test 2) Aptitude Test 3) HR Interview 4) Technical Interview 5) Managerial Interview Overall, it was good although they have not informed whether you have made it or not.