Northern Trust Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2015

2.9

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Northern Trust.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. First, I was contacted via phone for a 15-minute pre-screening interview. The recruiter was direct and courteous. Then a second interview (in-person) was scheduled. On the day of the interview, I met with the recruiter prior to meeting with the manager in charge. The manager was nice and very knowledgeable. Overall, the process was smooth and easy. The manager explained about the position and the duties of the position, as it was not clear in the job post. I was asked some behavioral questions and technical skills (nothing complex).

Interview Questions

• How knowledgeable are you in Excel? Have you used VBA, Macros, etc?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Northern Trust

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very fun interview process. I met with two managers and two team leaders, which really gave me a good sense of who I would be working with on a daily basis.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

Received a call for an interview a month after I applied online. Discuss salary w/HR over phone & then had 3 interview. Sent thank you emails along with a follow-up email weeks after the 2nd interview. No response ever received.

Interview Questions

• Nothing to difficult. Questions were like explain your day-to-day work schedule? Any improvements you made that impact your current position? Do you work well with others...etc?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It was over 7 years ago, so don't remember much

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

First I was referred - and after submitting an application I came in for an interview. The first interview was with HR - very standard. This was a soft screen which lead to the most comprehensive "super day" of sorts. I met with 6 managers for 45 minutes each. Most questions were behavioral with some technical finance questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

Got interview through recruiter. Had one day of interviews. Had 4 interviews with members of the team. Pretty standard questions such as "What have you done to resolve conflict on the job?" Also asked what type of work environment you prefer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in January 2009.

Interview

Called in the office for first interview along with other candidates

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Northern Trust (Bangalore (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

The whole process took two days, with the following rounds:

1) Communication Skills Test
    2) Aptitude Test
    3) HR Interview
    4) Technical Interview
    5) Managerial Interview

Overall, it was good although they have not informed whether you have made it or not.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Northern Trust.

Interview

Please brush up with the basics of accounts,finance,investment banking.

Step 1:- Group discussion it was more of a talk on your own topic.

Step 2:- Aptitude test.

Step 3:- Hr round questions are asked from your cv.

Step 4:- Technical round :- basic questions derivatives, bonds, banks.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Northern Trust.

Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days.

Brush up your fundamentals well........be good with people part and technical skills both. So, first a technical round and then subsequent an HR round. Questions included different models of valuation,accounting and other stuffs. They also try to check your stress level so be patient and confident. Rest all is history!