Northern Trust

Average Difficulty
33 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Northern Trust.

Interview Details – It was over 7 years ago, so don't remember much

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Northern Trust in January 2009.

Interview Details – Called in the office for first interview along with other candidates

Interview Question – Questions were ok , only the most common ones   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Northern Trust in March 2011.

Interview Details – Got interview through recruiter. Had one day of interviews. Had 4 interviews with members of the team. Pretty standard questions such as "What have you done to resolve conflict on the job?" Also asked what type of work environment you prefer.

Interview Question – No hard questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate

Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Northern Trust.

Interview Details – GD , Aptitude test and manager round

Interview Question – Simple questions about Education background   View Answer

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Northern Trust in February 2014.

Interview Details – 1st - GD (pick a topic and write about it and later speak for 2 min)
2nd - General Aptitude (easily can be cleared)
3rd - HR (go through your resume, and few basic finance stuff)
4th - Managerial (full finance related and ur projects)
5th (same managerial if necessary)

Interview Question – mostly easy and within expected range   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Northern Trust in February 2010.

Interview Details – Went through Walk-In
Round 1 - GD or Extempore for 3 mins on normal economic topics such as Globalization, Economic Stability etc.
Rounds 2 - Aptitude test: English, Reasoning & Mathematics. Level: Moderate. Never being told the score but I am sure I nailed it
Rounds 3 - HR.. basically formal and you will get through easily. usual question: strength, weakness, describe yourself and etc. They just want to know will you stay and can you work
Round 4 - Technical Round: Good knowledge test based on process operation manager so if it is something like Derivatives, Cash operation, Financial reporting they will ask basic finance question and resume drill as usual

AND REMEMBER.. if they say "We will get back to you".. 99% they will never. If they do it will be in a week or 2. Else Move On

Interview Question – nothing.. Its a cakewalk for who have prior interview experience   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Low salary for freshers

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northern Trust in November 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring process is very structured. There are 4 rounds of interviews. Initial round was group discussion to check your communication skill, next was aptitude round pretty basic and simple to crack, third round is HR round where HR test and judge your financial aptitude. and Final round is with your future team manager or with process V C, they test u as a person.

Interview Question – Tell me how interesting you are to be part of a team ?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary is very hard to negotiate. Its like take or go way. HR will make it very clear from the beginning.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Northern Trust in November 2013.

Interview Details – Four arounds of interview. GD & aptitute test. 2nd round with HR. They asked general questions like tel about yourself & details from your CV. 3rd around with Manager. They asked about my MBA intership project. 4th round with Division manager. He asked general questions. They just check your confidence level.

Interview Question – Types of derivatives
Types of risk
Types of asset classes
Where would you invest among MF of FD ?
  Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Northern Trust in May 2011.

Interview Details – 1. GD 2. Aptitude Test 3. HR 4. Technical

Interview Question – On financial markets..   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate as this was my first job..

Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Northern Trust in April 2013.

Interview Details – First round was essay writing on Capital Market
followed by the GD which was written in Essay before
And the second round was Apti,, more of General maths, Eng and so on,
Third round HR Interview.. simple HR questions
And the Final was on Technical round where the Manager and the Team leader ask you more your knowledge on Finance, journals, Forward and Futures,etc

Interview Question – What is the difference between NBFC and Commercial Bank   Answer Question

Worked for Northern Trust? Contribute to the Community!