Northern Trust

Getting the Interview

32 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst Interview

I applied through other source and interviewed at Northern Trust.

Interview Details – fisrt there was a test which consist of basic maths etc
then there was a hr round then technical round

Interview Question – what is pivot table in excell   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Northern Trust in June 2013.

Interview Details – First Round : Write an essay on capital markets
Second round : Aptitude Round
Third Round : Gd for some groups the topic was capital market again , for some it was to introduce yourself.
Fourth Round : HR round
They asked basic questions about your qualification , what are bonds , mutual funds , derivatives , when was northern trust formed and name of the current ceo
Fifth Round : Technical Round

Interview Question – Types of derivatives
Types of risk
Types of asset classes
Where would you invest among MF of FD ?
Questions from internship.
  View Answer

Mangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Northern Trust in December 2012.

Interview Details – first was gd
then aptitude
next was face to face interview..
no need to worry they are very cool

Interview Question – derivative, forex,   Answer Question

Mangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Northern Trust in January 2013.

Interview Details – First – group discussion there they just want you to speak to test your English
Second – Aptitude test
Third – HR review here they just ask you, personal questions and how would you deal with some situations
Fourth – technical round here you should know a little about accounts and financial instruments to get through

Its a fun Interview no need to get nrevous

Interview Question – If you were offered a new position in HR after 6 months, would you change to a new position immediately?   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Northern Trust in February 2013.

Interview Details – 1st round -group discussion (its just prepare about capital markets, mutual funds)
2nd round-aptitude test (prepare for verbal reasoning ,arithmetic, and logical reasoning)
3rd round-hr round (general introduce yourself and tell something about northern trust)
4th round- technical round(cfd, mark to market, mutual funds, derivatives, rights issue, ipo, index ,swaps, bonds debentures,etc., prepare detail about derivative
5th round- stress interview (they test your patience ,be confidence and answer them that you are qualified for job

Interview Question – prepare about derivatives in detail   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Northern Trust in December 2012.

Interview Details – 1)GD
2)Aptitude
3)HR
4)operations

Interview Question – Not difficult   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I have accepted the offer and left the company after 3 months.
You just cannot do negotiation.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Northern Trust in November 2012.

Interview Details – Group Discussion
Aptitude test
HR interview(Face to face)
Operational Round

Interview Question – What type of bank Northern trust is?   View Answer

Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Northern Trust in September 2012.

Interview Details – 5 rounds of interview
1 - introduce yourself and speak on a finance topic (basically checking your communication skills)
2 - General aptitude test ( English, grammar, basic 10th maths, some accounts related questions) not that difficult
3 - next day, for those who are selected ( finance related questions, bonds, debenture, shares, treasury bill, index, ipo, tell in detail when they ask about the company)
4 - if you get selected you will get call within 2 days and then they will call you for another round with the person head of the process, they think you are eligible.
i think i got for something related with BRS, i sucked, screwed it up, embarrassed myself and they didn't call back!!!!!!!!
5 - i got to know that there is one more round, because on the day of my 4th round of interview there was this guy, who came for the 5th round and he met the same person as me (well i think if can get through the 4th round........5th is kind of similar)

most importantly be confident...........show them you are qualified for the job
experience is not a issue
ALL THE BEST

Interview Question – i went prepared for the most difficult questions but was asked the simple ones...............so go through the basic accounting things   Answer Question

Interviewed at Northern Trust

Interview Details – the first round is group discussion , then apptitude test is conducted

Interview Question – just be prepared with finance background   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Northern Trust in August 2012.

Interview Details – I came to know that walk ins are being conducted for Northern Trust at manyata. On the very first day there were two rounds. First round was Group Discussion- HR told us that we need to introduce ourselves. Basically they check your communication skills. Second round was Aptitude test- English- paragraph, fill in the blanks with suitable words (articles, prepositions etc) Quants- profit/loss, percentage, time,distance & work, Ratio etc. Reasoning- very basic ones.
Then they will call you for the HR round. Again they'll check your communication skills, market knowledge & what do you know about NT. HR asked me basic questions like what is derivative, index & market capitalization.

If you are shortlisted they will call you for the final round that is either with Team Leader or manager or both.
I was called for managerial round. questions asked- what do you know about derivatives, what is Credit default swap, what are your views on the current amendments in OTC market, name some international exchanges where derivatives are traded.
what do you know about NT? Brief me about your projects.

3 days Post interview I got the offer.

My advice- prepare terms used in capital market, fixed income, derivatives & fund well. Have a sound understanding of the instruments. They are mostly going to ask you about the instruments/securities. Apart from that prepare about Northern Trust & your projects well.

I wish you all the best.

Interview Question – some terms & questions which you can prepare are- Index, IPO, FPO, derivatives & its types, CDS, CFD, Bonds, why do we invest in junk bonds, derivatives, major exchanges of the world, money market instruments- treasury bills, commercial papers, certificate of deposits, Repo, asset backed/mortgage backed securities, NAV, mutual fund, open ended-close ended mutual fund, PE ration, EPS, dividend yield etc.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Northern Trust