Northern Trust Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2015

2.8

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Northern Trust.

Interview

Please brush up with the basics of accounts,finance,investment banking. Step 1:- Group discussion it was more of a talk on your own topic. Step 2:- Aptitude test. Step 3:- Hr round questions are asked from your cv. Step 4:- Technical round :- basic questions derivatives, bonds, banks.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northern Trust

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Northern Trust.

Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. Interview Details Brush up your fundamentals well........be good with people part and technical skills both. So, first a technical round and then subsequent an HR round. Questions included different models of valuation,accounting and other stuffs. They also try to check your stress level so be patient and confident. Rest all is history!

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Northern Trust in November 2014.

Interview

4 rounds.1st GD.2nd Aptitude.next 2 rounds hr and operational round.i attended interview in 21st Nov 2014.i cleared 2 rounds of interview and they told u will get a call next week from our hr for next 2 round.but still I dint got any call or response from this company.first 2 rounds are easy I cleared.still am waiting for the call .I don't know when I ll get or not.

Interview Questions

• I dint faced ant questions bcz I dint attended other 2 rounds   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Northern Trust (Bangalore (India)) in October 2014.

Interview

It was walk-in drive . first round was about writing about anything and speak the same for 2 minutes. they declared result their only . after that 2nd round that was aptitute test for 60 minutes which includes reasoning English and maths. 3rd round was HR round in which they as question like what is mutual fund,derrivatives, sebi,ect with explanation. and last round was managerial round.

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Northern Trust (Bangalore (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

First is gd.. u need to select a finance topic write and speak about it.. then aptitude more of english grammer and then hr round and then operations round... more of technical questions.. be well prepared with investments... and at last team manager will take interview.. some technical questions again like derivatives capital markets

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northern Trust (Bangalore (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

Group discussion was about Finance topic and very good and tricky aptitude test and requires common sense to clear aptitude and I cleared the both rounds and waiting for the HR call to go for next round interview.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Northern Trust.

Interview

GD , Aptitude test and manager round

Interview Questions

• Simple questions about Education background   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Northern Trust (Bangalore (India)) in February 2014.

Interview

1st - GD (pick a topic and write about it and later speak for 2 min) 2nd - General Aptitude (easily can be cleared) 3rd - HR (go through your resume, and few basic finance stuff) 4th - Managerial (full finance related and ur projects) 5th (same managerial if necessary)

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northern Trust (Bangalore (India)) in November 2013.

Interview

Hiring process is very structured. There are 4 rounds of interviews. Initial round was group discussion to check your communication skill, next was aptitude round pretty basic and simple to crack, third round is HR round where HR test and judge your financial aptitude. and Final round is with your future team manager or with process V C, they test u as a person.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how interesting you are to be part of a team ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary is very hard to negotiate. Its like take or go way. HR will make it very clear from the beginning.

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Northern Trust (Bangalore (India)) in November 2013.

Interview

Four arounds of interview. GD & aptitute test. 2nd round with HR. They asked general questions like tel about yourself & details from your CV. 3rd around with Manager. They asked about my MBA intership project. 4th round with Division manager. He asked general questions. They just check your confidence level.

Interview Questions

• Types of derivatives Types of risk Types of asset classes Where would you invest among MF of FD ?   Answer Question