Northern Trust

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Northern Trust in November 2012.

Interview Details – (Wasn't the exact position, but was an accountant position) Got called a few weeks after I filled out the basic online application. Went in for an interview.. the interview consisted of about 4 or 5 members from a team interviewing me. After one was done they would send another member in.. during one transfer of interviewees I waited a good 35 min waiting...
Overall the questions were basic interview type questions- no major surprises.

Interview Question – None.. All basic Questions.. may ask experience with Microsoft office .   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Northern Trust in October 2013.

Interview Details – Received a call from HR and interviewed the following week. Interview consisted of 3 1:1 interviews. It was mostly conversational with few questions. Interviewers explained the position very well and went through my resume asking questions about work experience and education. It was relatively quick a painless. No difficult questions.

Interview Question – If someone is falling behind in your group with their work what would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very little room for negotiation.

Associate Fund Accountant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Northern Trust.

Interview Details – had one interview that lasted an HR and Half, HR is really slow at letting you know if you got the job

Interview Question – Didn't have one   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – wasn't one

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Chicago, IL

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northern Trust in October 2011.

Interview Details – I had an interview with six people. It took around three hours. First interview was with recruiter form HR department. I signed application and agreed on background check. Next three were with managers from fund accounting department. Last one was with two managers from hedge fund accounting. Be prepare for technical question or definition question for last interview. Generally all managers seemed very nice and enthusiastic about their work. They were also very descriptive about the company and the position.

Interview Question – Give the definition of mutual fund and hedge fund?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Northern Trust

Worked for Northern Trust? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Northern Trust Associate Fund Accountant interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Northern Trust employees and interview candidates.