Northern Trust

Northern Trust Associate Fund Accountant Interview Questions

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northern Trust in October 2013.

Received a call from HR and interviewed the following week. Interview consisted of 3 1:1 interviews. It was mostly conversational with few questions. Interviewers explained the position very well and went through my resume asking questions about work experience and education. It was relatively quick a painless. No difficult questions.

Interview Questions
  • If someone is falling behind in your group with their work what would you do?   Answer Question
Very little room for negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Northern Trust

Associate Fund Accountant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northern Trust.

had one interview that lasted an HR and Half, HR is really slow at letting you know if you got the job

wasn't one

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Northern Trust in November 2012.

(Wasn't the exact position, but was an accountant position) Got called a few weeks after I filled out the basic online application. Went in for an interview.. the interview consisted of about 4 or 5 members from a team interviewing me. After one was done they would send another member in.. during one transfer of interviewees I waited a good 35 min waiting...
    Overall the questions were basic interview type questions- no major surprises.

Interview Questions
    • None.. All basic Questions.. may ask experience with Microsoft office .   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northern Trust in October 2011.

I had an interview with six people. It took around three hours. First interview was with recruiter form HR department. I signed application and agreed on background check. Next three were with managers from fund accounting department. Last one was with two managers from hedge fund accounting. Be prepare for technical question or definition question for last interview. Generally all managers seemed very nice and enthusiastic about their work. They were also very descriptive about the company and the position.