Northern Trust Interview Questions in Bangalore, India

Updated Jun 23, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Northern Trust (Bangalore (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

The whole process took two days, with the following rounds:

1) Communication Skills Test
    2) Aptitude Test
    3) HR Interview
    4) Technical Interview
    5) Managerial Interview

Overall, it was good although they have not informed whether you have made it or not.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Northern Trust (Bangalore (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

first round was GD..write on a topic of your choice and speak on it for 2 min.
    second round was aptitude.basic math and eng grammar
    third round was HR..basic accounts and finance
    fourth round MANAGER ..basic questions regarding asset management and investment banking.
    result was informed 2 days later by hr.
    night shift.

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Northern Trust (Bangalore (India)) in October 2014.

Interview

It was walk-in drive . first round was about writing about anything and speak the same for 2 minutes.
    they declared result their only . after that 2nd round that was aptitute test for 60 minutes which includes reasoning English and maths. 3rd round was HR round in which they as question like what is mutual fund,derrivatives, sebi,ect with explanation. and last round was managerial round.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Northern Trust (Bangalore (India)) in October 2014.

Interview

Details
    1st round gd of my own topic..i spoke about FDI..all u need to show here is not much confidence.. Say in a simple way and even u do mistakes not a issue..
    2. Aptitude.. 60 ques n 60 min..all normall only..(maths.logical reasoning,grammar,passage writing.)
    3.Manager round..25 min..cleared n they said u r selected on d same day..
    Saturday was my interview nd monday was cald fr documentation.. Got call after a month for offer letter n joining.. Now completed 13 months..

Interview Questions

• Mutal funds
      Shares
      All briefing of my resume..
      Little tricky questions on wat u say.

1 Answer

Negotiation

Very good..

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Northern Trust (Bangalore (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

First is gd.. u need to select a finance topic write and speak about it.. then aptitude more of english grammer and then hr round and then operations round... more of technical questions.. be well prepared with investments... and at last team manager will take interview.. some technical questions again like derivatives capital markets

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northern Trust (Bangalore (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

Group discussion was about Finance topic and very good and tricky aptitude test and requires common sense to clear aptitude and I cleared the both rounds and waiting for the HR call to go for next round interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Northern Trust (Bangalore (India)) in February 2014.

Interview

1st - GD (pick a topic and write about it and later speak for 2 min)
    2nd - General Aptitude (easily can be cleared)
    3rd - HR (go through your resume, and few basic finance stuff)
    4th - Managerial (full finance related and ur projects)
    5th (same managerial if necessary)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northern Trust (Bangalore (India)) in November 2013.

Interview

Hiring process is very structured. There are 4 rounds of interviews. Initial round was group discussion to check your communication skill, next was aptitude round pretty basic and simple to crack, third round is HR round where HR test and judge your financial aptitude. and Final round is with your future team manager or with process V C, they test u as a person.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how interesting you are to be part of a team ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary is very hard to negotiate. Its like take or go way. HR will make it very clear from the beginning.

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Northern Trust (Bangalore (India)) in November 2013.

Interview

Four arounds of interview. GD & aptitute test. 2nd round with HR. They asked general questions like tel about yourself & details from your CV. 3rd around with Manager. They asked about my MBA intership project. 4th round with Division manager. He asked general questions. They just check your confidence level.

Interview Questions

• Types of derivatives
      Types of risk
      Types of asset classes
      Where would you invest among MF of FD ?

Answer Question

MBA Finance Freshers Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Northern Trust (Bangalore (India)) in November 2013.

Interview

It is direct walkin at Ecospace Branch.

Only 3 rounds