Northern Trust

51 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Northern Trust.

Interview Details – It was over 7 years ago, so don't remember much

Very Easy Interview

Second Vice President Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Northern Trust.

Interview Details – Interview was easy right out of college. They were looking for naive pickings

Interview Question – Why NTRS   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Back in 2007, 40K was the standard right out of school with a BS.

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Northern Trust in February 2014.

Interview Details – Very relaxed phone interview. Questions very basic. How did you help a past client. How long was the engagement. No technical questions. The interview was several weeks after submitting the application and so it took me a minute to remember the job description I was interviewing for.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Fund Accounting Analyst Interview

Fund Accounting Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Northern Trust in August 2010.

Interview Details – phone screening, 2 people in HR, then 2 managers in a unit, then called back for round three to meet with hiring manager and direct supervisor. ( a lot for an entry level position)

Interview Question – Tell me about a difficult situation and how you handled it, why do you want to work here, etc   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – asked for 5k more, they came back with 2K more.

Intern Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Northern Trust in May 2011.

Interview Details – Applied via recruiting platform, got a call quickly. One interview, mostly basic questions. Mostly focussed on personal fit, so i met with the two people i would be working with all the time. Some questions regarding it and programming experiences, skills, and willingness to learn a new technology stack. Personally i found the atmosphere very nice and collegial and the only reason to decline the position i was offered was a meager wage, were i could get more at other companies in very similar positions, and also collect more experience abroad.

Interview Question – Explain RND and connection to BS.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – better offers

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Northern Trust in December 2012.

Interview Details – Technical interview - 1 hour. Covers C#, WPF questions. Trivia and problem solving questions.

Soft skills interview - 1 hour. No technical questions. Mostly what if scenarios and experience and hypothetical questions.

Interview Question – How to clean all windows.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Through third party. It was straight forward and easy.

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Northern Trust in May 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview. Followed with 3 half hour interview with various hiring managers.

Interview Question – Do you want to be a manager.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Recruiter was terrible. Misleading.

Tax Technician Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northern Trust in March 2011.

Interview Details – I interviewed with the team leader, then the VP. Interviews were formal, yet friendly and low pressure. I was asked a lot of questions about my background. After the interviews, I was contacted a few days later by an HR representative with an offer. It was less than I was looking for, so I asked more and we agreed on a figure in between.

Interview Question – The technical questions were the most difficult. Otherwise, pretty standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Portfolio Accounting Analyst Interview

Portfolio Accounting Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Northern Trust in May 2012.

Interview Details – Initially referred by an employee and applied on-line. HR called a few weeks later to set-up an in-person interview. Met with three hiring managers who conducted a pretty straight-forward behavioral interview. My referrer said my prospects were good but it took HR several weeks to follow-up with an offer.

Interview Question – Very basic behavioral questions, e.g. "Describe a stressful situation at work and how you handled it."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – My referrer said my offer was at the top range for the position so I did not negotiate. In retrospect I would have asked for a bit more as I had prior professional experience.

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Northern Trust in January 2009.

Interview Details – Called in the office for first interview along with other candidates

Interview Question – Questions were ok , only the most common ones   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Northern Trust

Worked for Northern Trust? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Northern Trust interview questions and advice in Chicago, IL. All 51 interview reviews posted anonymously by Northern Trust employees and interview candidates.