Northern Trust

Relevance Date Difficulty

Fund Analyst Interview

Fund Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Northern Trust in March 2013.

Interview Details – This was an off-cycle hiring, they started a new team and needed somebody on board immediately. First phone interview involved standard questions: Salary expectations and work type expectations. Second interview involved speaking with two senior members of the team. Very behavioral-based. The company is very courteous and fit-oriented.

Interview Question – Nothing technical, mostly behavioral and very standard.   Answer Question

Senior Teller Interview

Senior Teller
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Northern Trust in December 2013.

Interview Details – Lenghtly hiring process. Hard company to get into. Did not apply they pulled my resume from a online source. Took three weeks just for the call offer. Highly client oriented interview. Not much else from what I recall.

Negotiation Details – NO ROOM FOR NEGOTIATION

Alternative Investment Analyst Interview

Alternative Investment Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Northern Trust in December 2013.

Interview Details – Was contacted by phone to set up an interview. The process was very easy, a 30 min sit down with a HR manager, and then about 45 min with managers of the team I was interviewing with. The interview with my team was laid back, they explained about the job and asked some basic questions. Nothing harder than "Explain a time when you?". Got feed back within a week and was hired. After the background check I started right away.

Interview Question – Nothing really, just be prepared as usual to sell yourself and they had a few behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not sure if they negotiate, I got an entry level position which doesn't leave you much room.

GOLD Program Interview

GOLD Program
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northern Trust.

Interview Details – Mostly behavioral questions about past experiences.

Interview Question – Will ask about the different financial records such as balance sheet etc. Will ask for you to break down each.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Started looking to move out of state.

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Northern Trust.

Interview Details – It was over 7 years ago, so don't remember much

Very Easy Interview

Second Vice President Interview

Second Vice President
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Northern Trust.

Interview Details – Interview was easy right out of college. They were looking for naive pickings

Interview Question – Why NTRS   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Back in 2007, 40K was the standard right out of school with a BS.

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Northern Trust in February 2014.

Interview Details – Very relaxed phone interview. Questions very basic. How did you help a past client. How long was the engagement. No technical questions. The interview was several weeks after submitting the application and so it took me a minute to remember the job description I was interviewing for.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Northern Trust in May 2011.

Interview Details – Applied via recruiting platform, got a call quickly. One interview, mostly basic questions. Mostly focussed on personal fit, so i met with the two people i would be working with all the time. Some questions regarding it and programming experiences, skills, and willingness to learn a new technology stack. Personally i found the atmosphere very nice and collegial and the only reason to decline the position i was offered was a meager wage, were i could get more at other companies in very similar positions, and also collect more experience abroad.

Interview Question – Explain RND and connection to BS.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – better offers

Very Easy Interview

Fund Accounting Analyst Interview

Fund Accounting Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Northern Trust in August 2010.

Interview Details – phone screening, 2 people in HR, then 2 managers in a unit, then called back for round three to meet with hiring manager and direct supervisor. ( a lot for an entry level position)

Interview Question – Tell me about a difficult situation and how you handled it, why do you want to work here, etc   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – asked for 5k more, they came back with 2K more.

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Northern Trust in December 2012.

Interview Details – Technical interview - 1 hour. Covers C#, WPF questions. Trivia and problem solving questions.

Soft skills interview - 1 hour. No technical questions. Mostly what if scenarios and experience and hypothetical questions.

Interview Question – How to clean all windows.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Through third party. It was straight forward and easy.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Northern Trust

Worked for Northern Trust? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Northern Trust interview questions and advice in Chicago, IL. All 55 interview reviews posted anonymously by Northern Trust employees and interview candidates.