Northern Trust

Updated Nov 24, 2014

2.7

63 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Northern Trust.

Very fun interview process. I met with two managers and two team leaders, which really gave me a good sense of who I would be working with on a daily basis.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northern Trust in July 2014.

Asked many behavioral questions and really dug into my past. Great interview process overall, but environment was very stuffy / corporate. No appreciation for creativity or smaller company experience. Provided great feedback regarding my responses, and they were outstanding with answering any questions I had regarding the position, performance metrics, team size, etc.

US Securities Transaction Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Northern Trust in June 2014.

Brief phone interview about salary expectations and schedule F2F interview. 2nd Interview with 2 team leaders. Standard interview, behavioral questions, nothing too difficult. Why you want to work for Northern Trust, why are you moving from your current job? Etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Northern Trust in May 2014.

Received a call for an interview a month after I applied online. Discuss salary w/HR over phone & then had 3 interview. Sent thank you emails along with a follow-up email weeks after the 2nd interview. No response ever received.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing to difficult. Questions were like explain your day-to-day work schedule? Any improvements you made that impact your current position? Do you work well with others...etc?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Northern Trust in May 2014.

When I interviewed, I was working in a different city. I had 3 phone interviews, one with the recruiter, one with the team leader and hiring manager, and one with the hiring manager's manager. Basic questions regarding personality, knowledge of industry and computer skills. I didn't hear back for two weeks and was offered the position. No relocation assistance was given to move to a different city. Northern Trust is well known on The Street as being cheap in paying their employees.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations even if you have 2 years of experience. Northern Trust is known on The Street as being cheap when paying their employees. If you are analyst at another investment house, you will make at least 15% more in salary than as a senior analyst at Northern Trust

GOLD Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northern Trust.

Mostly behavioral questions about past experiences.

Interview Questions
    • Will ask about the different financial records such as balance sheet etc. Will ask for you to break down each.   View Answer

Started looking to move out of state.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Northern Trust.

It was over 7 years ago, so don't remember much

Second Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Northern Trust.

Interview was easy right out of college. They were looking for naive pickings

Interview Questions
    Back in 2007, 40K was the standard right out of school with a BS.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Northern Trust in February 2014.

Very relaxed phone interview. Questions very basic. How did you help a past client. How long was the engagement. No technical questions. The interview was several weeks after submitting the application and so it took me a minute to remember the job description I was interviewing for.

Alternative Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Northern Trust in December 2013.

Was contacted by phone to set up an interview. The process was very easy, a 30 min sit down with a HR manager, and then about 45 min with managers of the team I was interviewing with. The interview with my team was laid back, they explained about the job and asked some basic questions. Nothing harder than "Explain a time when you?". Got feed back within a week and was hired. After the background check I started right away.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really, just be prepared as usual to sell yourself and they had a few behavioral questions.   Answer Question
    Not sure if they negotiate, I got an entry level position which doesn't leave you much room.