Northern Trust Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

2.7

58 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Northern Trust in November 2013.

Very easy. All the basic questions you would expect in an interview. I had two over the phone interviews. The first was short, roughly 20 minutes. The second was a bit longer, roughly 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • What surprised you the most about your internship experience last summer?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Northern Trust in May 2014.

Received a call for an interview a month after I applied online. Discuss salary w/HR over phone & then had 3 interview. Sent thank you emails along with a follow-up email weeks after the 2nd interview. No response ever received.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing to difficult. Questions were like explain your day-to-day work schedule? Any improvements you made that impact your current position? Do you work well with others...etc?   Answer Question

US Securities Transaction Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Northern Trust in June 2014.

Brief phone interview about salary expectations and schedule F2F interview. 2nd Interview with 2 team leaders. Standard interview, behavioral questions, nothing too difficult. Why you want to work for Northern Trust, why are you moving from your current job? Etc.

Fund Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Northern Trust in March 2013.

This was an off-cycle hiring, they started a new team and needed somebody on board immediately. First phone interview involved standard questions: Salary expectations and work type expectations. Second interview involved speaking with two senior members of the team. Very behavioral-based. The company is very courteous and fit-oriented.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing technical, mostly behavioral and very standard.   Answer Question

Senior Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Northern Trust in December 2013.

Lenghtly hiring process. Hard company to get into. Did not apply they pulled my resume from a online source. Took three weeks just for the call offer. Highly client oriented interview. Not much else from what I recall.

NO ROOM FOR NEGOTIATION

Alternative Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Northern Trust in December 2013.

Was contacted by phone to set up an interview. The process was very easy, a 30 min sit down with a HR manager, and then about 45 min with managers of the team I was interviewing with. The interview with my team was laid back, they explained about the job and asked some basic questions. Nothing harder than "Explain a time when you?". Got feed back within a week and was hired. After the background check I started right away.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really, just be prepared as usual to sell yourself and they had a few behavioral questions.   Answer Question
    Not sure if they negotiate, I got an entry level position which doesn't leave you much room.

GOLD Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northern Trust.

Mostly behavioral questions about past experiences.

Interview Questions
    • Will ask about the different financial records such as balance sheet etc. Will ask for you to break down each.   View Answer

Started looking to move out of state.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Northern Trust.

It was over 7 years ago, so don't remember much

Second Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Northern Trust.

Interview was easy right out of college. They were looking for naive pickings

Interview Questions
    Back in 2007, 40K was the standard right out of school with a BS.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Northern Trust in February 2014.

Very relaxed phone interview. Questions very basic. How did you help a past client. How long was the engagement. No technical questions. The interview was several weeks after submitting the application and so it took me a minute to remember the job description I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions

Worked for Northern Trust? Contribute to the Community!