Northern Trust

Northern Trust Consultant Interview Questions

3.2

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northern Trust.

Internal hire, joined group after helping their manager on several projects on the side of my previous job.

Interview Questions
  • No surprise / difficult interview questions given prior work experience with the manager and team.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Northern Trust

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Northern Trust in May 2013.

Phone interview. Followed with 3 half hour interview with various hiring managers.

Interview Questions
    Recruiter was terrible. Misleading.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northern Trust in December 2012.

Technical interview - 1 hour. Covers C#, WPF questions. Trivia and problem solving questions.

Soft skills interview - 1 hour. No technical questions. Mostly what if scenarios and experience and hypothetical questions.

Interview Questions
    Through third party. It was straight forward and easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Northern Trust in January 2009.

Asked me some questions about my past experience. Told them as is and noted the difficulties in the technical implementation that we ran into. Was honest about my limitations given this particular product had integration difficulties dependent on what you are integrating into.

Then there was an interview with the technical team. Sent me some sample code and asked me to read up on it for followup interview.

Interview Questions
    Market rates. Not much discussion here. Both parties were aware of what the market pricing was.

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northern Trust in March 2010.

Conservative, passive, slow. Very traditional and not interested in innovation or people on the fast track. I think its an extremely stable and secure place to work...but for someone who wants things to move quickly in their career...this may not be the place. Nice people, however. Pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about what my salary expectations were during preliminary phone interview took me by surprise.   Answer Question

Consulting Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northern Trust in February 2007.

Comfortable interviewing experience. Not very focused.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when project did not go as planned. How did you handle the situation?   View Answer
    No negotiations.