Northern Trust Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

3.1

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Northern Trust.

Interview

For a mid-level job, the number of interviews was excessive. Noticed this with other new hires as well. Some came in several times for a total number of meetings over 10. Interviews with a manager, one or two stakeholders and possibly an executive should be enough for any firm unless it's an executive hire.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northern Trust

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust.

Interview

I received the call from HR in the first week, and was scheduled a phone interview in the following week. and was invited to an on-site interview on the same week. The whole process went well, but since I don't have background of banking stuff, they might think I'm not good at telling story or expressing myself. Anyway, HR said the decision will be made within two week. Let's cross fingers!

Interview Questions

• If you made mistake on a project and how to explain to your manager.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust in October 2014.

Interview

the interview process started at the college career fair. I then applied on my colleges recruiting website and was invited for an on campus interview. The company than reached out to me for a second round interview at their office. I received my offer a few days after that

Interview Questions

• mostly behavioral; know your long and short term goals; finance background; how do you work in a fast paced environment; are you a team worker or do you prefer to work individually?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust.

Interview

Internal hire, joined group after helping their manager on several projects on the side of my previous job.

Interview Questions

• No surprise / difficult interview questions given prior work experience with the manager and team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

Phone interview. Followed with 3 half hour interview with various hiring managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Recruiter was terrible. Misleading.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in December 2012.

Interview

Technical interview - 1 hour. Covers C#, WPF questions. Trivia and problem solving questions. Soft skills interview - 1 hour. No technical questions. Mostly what if scenarios and experience and hypothetical questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Through third party. It was straight forward and easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in January 2009.

Interview

Asked me some questions about my past experience. Told them as is and noted the difficulties in the technical implementation that we ran into. Was honest about my limitations given this particular product had integration difficulties dependent on what you are integrating into. Then there was an interview with the technical team. Sent me some sample code and asked me to read up on it for followup interview.

Interview Questions

• What adapters did I integrate with.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Market rates. Not much discussion here. Both parties were aware of what the market pricing was.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust in March 2010.

Interview

Conservative, passive, slow. Very traditional and not interested in innovation or people on the fast track. I think its an extremely stable and secure place to work...but for someone who wants things to move quickly in their career...this may not be the place. Nice people, however. Pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Questions about what my salary expectations were during preliminary phone interview took me by surprise.   Answer Question

Consulting Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust in February 2007.

Interview

Comfortable interviewing experience. Not very focused.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when project did not go as planned. How did you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations.