Northern Trust

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Northern Trust.

Interview Details – Internal hire, joined group after helping their manager on several projects on the side of my previous job.

Interview Question – No surprise / difficult interview questions given prior work experience with the manager and team.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Northern Trust in December 2012.

Interview Details – Technical interview - 1 hour. Covers C#, WPF questions. Trivia and problem solving questions.

Soft skills interview - 1 hour. No technical questions. Mostly what if scenarios and experience and hypothetical questions.

Interview Question – How to clean all windows.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Through third party. It was straight forward and easy.

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Northern Trust in May 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview. Followed with 3 half hour interview with various hiring managers.

Interview Question – Do you want to be a manager.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Recruiter was terrible. Misleading.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Chicago, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Northern Trust in January 2009.

Interview Details – Asked me some questions about my past experience. Told them as is and noted the difficulties in the technical implementation that we ran into. Was honest about my limitations given this particular product had integration difficulties dependent on what you are integrating into.

Then there was an interview with the technical team. Sent me some sample code and asked me to read up on it for followup interview.

Interview Question – What adapters did I integrate with.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Market rates. Not much discussion here. Both parties were aware of what the market pricing was.

Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northern Trust in March 2010.

Interview Details – Conservative, passive, slow. Very traditional and not interested in innovation or people on the fast track. I think its an extremely stable and secure place to work...but for someone who wants things to move quickly in their career...this may not be the place. Nice people, however. Pleasant experience.

Interview Question – Questions about what my salary expectations were during preliminary phone interview took me by surprise.   Answer Question

Consulting Interview

Consulting

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Northern Trust in February 2007.

Interview Details – Comfortable interviewing experience. Not very focused.

Interview Question – Describe a situation when project did not go as planned. How did you handle the situation?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Worked for Northern Trust? Contribute to the Community!