Northern Trust

Updated Dec 8, 2014

2.8

27 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Northern Trust in August 2011.

HR called me and set up an interview the next week. I was suppose to meet up with three managers but they had an emergency at the department and I ended up meeting the Head department. The manager explained the position and asked me the usual questions (situational Q), I wasn't asked any technical Finance/Accounting Q's. I finished the interview in 30 minutes which I thought was too short but to be honest there was nothing more to say. I wasn't asked a lot of the silly questions where they tell you "tell us about a situation where you disagreed with a boss or when you used your creativity and the like!!"

Interview Questions
  • We interviewed 2 very qualified candidates for this position, why should we hire you over them?   View Answers (2)
It is an entry level position and they offered me the max in the range so I didn't care to negotiate because I know it is fixed and I was satisfied.

Other Interview Reviews for Northern Trust

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Northern Trust in August 2009.

Quick phone interview and meeting with multiple managers

Financial Analyst Interview

1st round gd of my own topic..i spoke about FDI..all u need to show here is not much confidence.. Say in a simple way and even u do mistakes not a issue..
    2. Aptitude.. 60 ques n 60 min..all normall only..(maths.logical reasoning,grammar,passage writing.)
    3.Manager round..25 min..cleared n they said u r selected on d same day..
    Saturday was my interview nd monday was cald fr documentation.. Got call after a month for offer letter n joining.. Now completed 13 months..

Interview Questions
    • Mutal funds
      Shares
      All briefing of my resume..
      Little tricky questions on wat u say..

Answer Question
    Very good..

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Northern Trust in October 2014.

Details
    3.Manager round..25 min..cleared n they said u r selected on d same day..

Interview Questions
    • Mutal funds
      Shares
      All briefing of my resume..
      Little tricky questions on wat u say.

View Answer
    Very good..

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Makati City (Philippines)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Makati City (Philippines)

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Northern Trust in April 2014.

There would be 2 interviews, 2 exams, and a simple activity.
    1. Initial Interview - common interview questions are asked. Like stuffs about yourself, things you know about the company and the position you're applying for so you'd better be ready with your research here.
    2. Group Activity - I was asked to pic a topic and write an essay about it. Then we read it out loud one by one.
    3. Aptitude and Excel Exams - I accomplished this in a day. The aptitude test is easy but tricky and is time pressured, while the excel exam just comprises of some basic commands you can do on a spreadsheet.
    4. Final Interview - This one is a bit challenging because you'll be interviewed by managers or heads about the technical stuffs that you know. They asked me to define around 20 finance and accounting terms.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation at all. It's like take it or leave it. But for fresh grads, their offer is tempting since the salary is really high compared to other companies that hire fresh graduates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source – interviewed at Northern Trust in July 2013.

Round 1 Group discussion on Capital market.
    R-2 Aptitude
    (got a call from hr after 3 weeks)
    R-3 HR (General questions, they test you're confidence level and communication and few technical questions.
    R-4 Technical round ( More like a stress Interview , few logical questions , reasoning and mostly finance related (Derivatives,Swits,eqity)
    R-5 Managers round (again few technical questions)
    Be confident,be yourself...

# The Interview process is very slow ,it may take months ,so chill and try out in other companies as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Northern Trust in June 2013.

First round- write on given topic for about one page( eg- indian banking system) and then speak on it. (note- this is only to check your comuunication skills verbal and written so just write some common things about any topic given).

Second round- aptitude, its easy LR, quant , english.

third round- it will be HR( for me it was scheduled 3 times and was sort of technical itself).

Final round - it was with some manager- brush up with bonds valuation, trading terms, spot price, strike price, deal price, open and close end mutual funds, NAV, diff market and their index, derivatives related terminology. and be confident.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Northern Trust.

# Test of Communication Skill(Pick&Speak/GD)
    # HR Round
    # Technical Round with TL
    # Technical Round with Manager
    # Salary negotiation

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Northern Trust in January 2013.

campus recruitment
    GD
    Aptitude
    Face to Face interview

Interview Questions
    • there was no question as such
      Derivatives
      forex
      few j/e
      strengths & weakness

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northern Trust.

5 Rounds
    1. GD
    2. Personal Interview (HR)
    3. Aptitude test
    4. HR interview
    5. Functional interview

Interview Questions
    • Easy questions regarding basic financial terms...slow HR response   Answer Question