Northern Trust

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northern Trust in February 2011.

Interview Details – I first met with a member of HR, which consisted of a brief conversation about my past experiences and why i want to work at Northern Trust. Next I met with the manager of the group, which was more laid back. Last, I met with a supervisor and coworker in the group to which I was asked general behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What are you biggest strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a situation where you had a difficult team member and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Northern Trust in November 2007.

Interview Details – Met with the HR consultant and had a quick overview of the company and position, then interviewed with the section manager and team leader of the actual fund accounting team I would be working with. No second interview, job offer after 1st.

Interview Question – Interview questions were a piece of cake.   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northern Trust in August 2011.

Interview Details – First round with HR on basic interaction and knowledge level check on capital market

Interview Question – technical round is with sectional manager and might get difficult at times.. it went on for about 45 mins   Answer Question

Fund Accountant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Northern Trust in January 2008.

Interview Details – The main round is 1 st round that is the Group discussion and 2 nd one written test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – It is fixed for Analsyt and seniors. But for officers and above it is nego

Worked for Northern Trust? Contribute to the Community!