Northern Trust

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northern Trust in February 2011.

Interview Details – I first met with a member of HR, which consisted of a brief conversation about my past experiences and why i want to work at Northern Trust. Next I met with the manager of the group, which was more laid back. Last, I met with a supervisor and coworker in the group to which I was asked general behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What are you biggest strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a situation where you had a difficult team member and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Northern Trust in November 2007.

Interview Details – Met with the HR consultant and had a quick overview of the company and position, then interviewed with the section manager and team leader of the actual fund accounting team I would be working with. No second interview, job offer after 1st.

Interview Question – Interview questions were a piece of cake.   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northern Trust in August 2011.

Interview Details – First round with HR on basic interaction and knowledge level check on capital market

Interview Question – technical round is with sectional manager and might get difficult at times.. it went on for about 45 mins   Answer Question

Fund Accountant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Northern Trust in January 2008.

Interview Details – The main round is 1 st round that is the Group discussion and 2 nd one written test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – It is fixed for Analsyt and seniors. But for officers and above it is nego

Interviews for Top Jobs at Northern Trust

Worked for Northern Trust? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Northern Trust Fund Accountant interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Northern Trust employees and interview candidates.