Northern Trust Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 23, 2014
170 interviews

2.8

Operations Analyst Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Northern Trust in April 2010.

Easy because I had a referral from a high-level current employee and the job was not a desired position. I got the job through a temp agency and was hired on a temporary basis until I was hired by the company three months later.

Interview Questions
    happened with the temp agency

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Northern Trust in May 2014.

Received a call for an interview a month after I applied online. Discuss salary w/HR over phone & then had 3 interview. Sent thank you emails along with a follow-up email weeks after the 2nd interview. No response ever received.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing to difficult. Questions were like explain your day-to-day work schedule? Any improvements you made that impact your current position? Do you work well with others...etc?   Answer Question

US Securities Transaction Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Northern Trust in June 2014.

Brief phone interview about salary expectations and schedule F2F interview. 2nd Interview with 2 team leaders. Standard interview, behavioral questions, nothing too difficult. Why you want to work for Northern Trust, why are you moving from your current job? Etc.

Fund Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Northern Trust in March 2013.

This was an off-cycle hiring, they started a new team and needed somebody on board immediately. First phone interview involved standard questions: Salary expectations and work type expectations. Second interview involved speaking with two senior members of the team. Very behavioral-based. The company is very courteous and fit-oriented.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing technical, mostly behavioral and very standard.   Answer Question

Senior Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Northern Trust in December 2013.

Lenghtly hiring process. Hard company to get into. Did not apply they pulled my resume from a online source. Took three weeks just for the call offer. Highly client oriented interview. Not much else from what I recall.

NO ROOM FOR NEGOTIATION

Alternative Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Northern Trust in December 2013.

Was contacted by phone to set up an interview. The process was very easy, a 30 min sit down with a HR manager, and then about 45 min with managers of the team I was interviewing with. The interview with my team was laid back, they explained about the job and asked some basic questions. Nothing harder than "Explain a time when you?". Got feed back within a week and was hired. After the background check I started right away.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really, just be prepared as usual to sell yourself and they had a few behavioral questions.   Answer Question
    Not sure if they negotiate, I got an entry level position which doesn't leave you much room.

Associate Portfolio Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Northern Trust in May 2012.

I had a very unlikely experience -- submitted application, got a call from HR 3 weeks later. HR phone call was not a formal interview, she asked me what I knew of the company and then scheduled actual interview. In person interview with manager and portfolio manager I was supporting for a couple of hours. Basic questions, went through resume and why I would be a good fit. Interviewed with department head next day via phone and was offered the position a few hours later.

Interview Questions
    • No Difficult questions, all behavioral and was asked to go through resume. "Why Northern?"   Answer Question
    They gave me the salary at the phone interview stage, once I was offered I negotiated a couple $K higher and they accepted.

Derivatives Analyst Interview

Number of rigorous interviews leading to the job. Lengthy review took months to complete through human resources and was inefficient. Company was thorough in background checks and reviews. Northern trust was difficult to work thru interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest weakness and what is your strongest attribute.   Answer Question

GOLD Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northern Trust.

Mostly behavioral questions about past experiences.

Interview Questions
    • Will ask about the different financial records such as balance sheet etc. Will ask for you to break down each.   View Answer

Started looking to move out of state.

Consultant Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Northern Trust.

Internal hire, joined group after helping their manager on several projects on the side of my previous job.

Interview Questions
    • No surprise / difficult interview questions given prior work experience with the manager and team.   Answer Question

Worked for Northern Trust? Contribute to the Community!