Northern Trust

Relevance Date Difficulty

US Securities Transaction Analyst Interview

US Securities Transaction Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Northern Trust in June 2014.

Interview Details – Brief phone interview about salary expectations and schedule F2F interview. 2nd Interview with 2 team leaders. Standard interview, behavioral questions, nothing too difficult. Why you want to work for Northern Trust, why are you moving from your current job? Etc.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Fund Analyst Interview

Fund Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Northern Trust in March 2013.

Interview Details – This was an off-cycle hiring, they started a new team and needed somebody on board immediately. First phone interview involved standard questions: Salary expectations and work type expectations. Second interview involved speaking with two senior members of the team. Very behavioral-based. The company is very courteous and fit-oriented.

Interview Question – Nothing technical, mostly behavioral and very standard.   Answer Question

Senior Teller Interview

Senior Teller
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Northern Trust in December 2013.

Interview Details – Lenghtly hiring process. Hard company to get into. Did not apply they pulled my resume from a online source. Took three weeks just for the call offer. Highly client oriented interview. Not much else from what I recall.

Negotiation Details – NO ROOM FOR NEGOTIATION

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Alternative Investment Analyst Interview

Alternative Investment Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Northern Trust in December 2013.

Interview Details – Was contacted by phone to set up an interview. The process was very easy, a 30 min sit down with a HR manager, and then about 45 min with managers of the team I was interviewing with. The interview with my team was laid back, they explained about the job and asked some basic questions. Nothing harder than "Explain a time when you?". Got feed back within a week and was hired. After the background check I started right away.

Interview Question – Nothing really, just be prepared as usual to sell yourself and they had a few behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not sure if they negotiate, I got an entry level position which doesn't leave you much room.

Associate Portfolio Manager Interview

Associate Portfolio Manager
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Northern Trust in May 2012.

Interview Details – I had a very unlikely experience -- submitted application, got a call from HR 3 weeks later. HR phone call was not a formal interview, she asked me what I knew of the company and then scheduled actual interview. In person interview with manager and portfolio manager I was supporting for a couple of hours. Basic questions, went through resume and why I would be a good fit. Interviewed with department head next day via phone and was offered the position a few hours later.

Interview Question – No Difficult questions, all behavioral and was asked to go through resume. "Why Northern?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They gave me the salary at the phone interview stage, once I was offered I negotiated a couple $K higher and they accepted.

Derivatives Analyst Interview

Derivatives Analyst

Interviewed at Northern Trust

Interview Details – Number of rigorous interviews leading to the job. Lengthy review took months to complete through human resources and was inefficient. Company was thorough in background checks and reviews. Northern trust was difficult to work thru interviews.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness and what is your strongest attribute.   Answer Question

GOLD Program Interview

GOLD Program
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northern Trust.

Interview Details – Mostly behavioral questions about past experiences.

Interview Question – Will ask about the different financial records such as balance sheet etc. Will ask for you to break down each.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Started looking to move out of state.

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Northern Trust.

Interview Details – Internal hire, joined group after helping their manager on several projects on the side of my previous job.

Interview Question – No surprise / difficult interview questions given prior work experience with the manager and team.   Answer Question

Drone Interview

Drone

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Northern Trust.

Interview Details – Minimal compared to other places.
No hard questions.
Mostly can you get along

Interview Question – never had a difficult or unexpected question the who time ive been there   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Northern Trust.

Interview Details – It was over 7 years ago, so don't remember much

Worked for Northern Trust? Contribute to the Community!