Northern Trust Interview Questions

Updated Oct 22, 2014
Updated Oct 22, 2014

2.8

Marketing Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Northern Trust in June 2012.

First it was a screened phone interview, then I was called into the office to interview for the position. It took 3 hours and I met with everyone in the department. 2 weeks later I was called back for another round of interviews and that took 2 hours and I met with everyone again.

Tax Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Northern Trust.

The interview process was very long. Was asked to come back several time with no feedback. Still awaiting final answer. They would not give a salary range for position.

Client Services Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Northern Trust.

The whole process took a few weeks, with 2 full days dedicated to meeting all members of the team. It was pretty grueling, but understandable, and you feel like an Olympian after going through the motions and receiving an offer. The work culture was great - people friendly and dedicated to helping others and providing the best services to clients and prospects.

Interview Questions
    • Even though I wasn't applying for a sales position, I was asked to give a sales pitch for a product offered by a previous employer.   Answer Question
    Maybe I was having a great day - the negotiation phase went very well. They were willing to pay for what they were getting - my brains - which was certainly a nice change. The best initial offer I had ever received, and I asked for more, which they gave me.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Northern Trust in August 2012.

Recruitment process consists of 5 rounds- GD, Aptitude test, HR round, 2 technical managerial rounds. difficulty level was OK, just you need to be confident of yourself. process took 15 days.

Interview Questions
    • What is equity, bond, debenture?
      What are 3 basic principles of accounting?
      Name few Stock Exchanges in India.
        Answer Question
    • Difference between NSE and BSE.
      What are types of Option?
      Right issue vs Bonus share issue
      What is P/E ratio?
      What is NAV?
      What are spot and forward contract?
      what is mark-to-market?

Process Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Northern Trust in December 2010.

one on one interview followed by telephonic client interview.

Interview Questions
    • what is usuallymanagement fee in a hedge fund   View Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Northern Trust in July 2011.

About four interviews.... everything was about the basics.... and it took about a month to get an offer...

Interview Questions
    Please accept whatever they offer initailly....

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Northern Trust.

Very tedious. It took approximately one year to get hired.

Interview Questions
    We went back and forth two times. It worked out for me.

GOLD Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Northern Trust in August 2013.

Pretty casual interviews but a long day-6 in one day!

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northern Trust.

It was a long and tiring interview. There were 3 people on the interview panel and it was 30 minutes with each person separately. Each interviewer pretty much started bombarding me with questions, and most of the questions were the same! So I had to answer the same questions several times! For instance, I had to go through my CV three times.

They didn't do a good job explaining the role. The level of trust was low, after each answer I could see the interviewer's facial expression, as if I was making up the answers or lying!!
    Sometimes I felt that their mind was somewhere else, as they repeated the same question multiple times!!

Instead of setting an appropriate and relaxed tone for the interview, so I could be comfortable in order to be able to present myself, they just put pressure on me and it consequently had a negative effect on my performance (particularly one of the interviewers did it a lot, the two others were more professional and friendly).

All in all, not a good representation of Northern Trust, the recruiters/HR should know that the experience of candidates (both successful & unsuccessful) at each stage of the recruitment process is likely impact on their image of the organisation.

I was not successful but after seeing those people I am glad that I did not get the job!

HR is the company's face and they are the first people from the company that candidates meet and therefore their conduct at the interview is very important for the company's image (At least a smile would have been helpful!).

Interview Questions
    • Open-ended questions:
      1- How did you deal with an arrogant manager in your previous job?
      2-What was the toughest challenge you’ve ever faced?
      3 - Describe your ideal company, job and department

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Northern Trust in May 2011.

1. GD 2. Aptitude Test 3. HR 4. Technical

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate as this was my first job..