Northern Trust

Updated Dec 8, 2014
Updated Dec 8, 2014

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Northern Trust in October 2014.

Details
    1st round gd of my own topic..i spoke about FDI..all u need to show here is not much confidence.. Say in a simple way and even u do mistakes not a issue..
    2. Aptitude.. 60 ques n 60 min..all normall only..(maths.logical reasoning,grammar,passage writing.)
    3.Manager round..25 min..cleared n they said u r selected on d same day..
    Saturday was my interview nd monday was cald fr documentation.. Got call after a month for offer letter n joining.. Now completed 13 months..

Interview Questions
    • Mutal funds
      Shares
      All briefing of my resume..
      Little tricky questions on wat u say.

View Answer
    Very good..

Analyst - Transfer Agency Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Northern Trust in November 2014.

Interview Date : 22nd Nov 2014

No GD

First Round : Aptitude Test (Basic Quant, Verbal & Reasoning)(60 questions in 60 min)
    Need to know basics, then you can clear it easily.

Second Round : Technical Aptitude Test (Logical Reasoning, 1 essay (topic was bonded labour)) 30 min.
    If you keep presence of mind and thoroughly understands the questions, its a cake walk for you.

Third Round : Managerial Round
    Interviewer : 2 persons
    They will go through your CV. As i have 1 yr of experience, they ask me about my current job profile, how do I deal with my team, whts my strength, why they should hire me,. (Note: they will see your body language, your way of communication)

Fourth Round : Operational Round
    Interviewer : 2 persons
    They will ask you about handling stress, previous work related experience. Salary expectation. They will ask whether you can work in any shifts.

Last round was HR
    She just asked me about my current CTC and asked me send documents.

Note : As i am having work experience, they asked me only about my work. For freshers, i heard they asked abt company profile, some questions related to Derivatives.

Be confident, dont be nervous. Before going to interview, have breakfast.
    Interview timing for me: 9.00 to 3.30 pm (for 5 rounds)

Waiting for their call.

anyone has taken interview on the same date, let me know through comment section.

Interview Questions
    THEY ASKED ME TO SEND DOCUMENTS RELATED TO MY CURRENT JOB. STILL WAITING FOR THE CALL.

Intern Interview

Phone Interview - fairly standard behavioural questions, nothing too unexpected. It was an easy process, as the HR lady was extremely helpful and told me what to prepare before the interview. process took less than a month.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time in which you had to use your communication skills in order to solve a difficult problem?   Answer Question

Administrator Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Northern Trust in September 2010.

Multiple phone interviews with various people with a lot of duplication of questions. Face to face interview was supposed to be panel interview and ended up being an interview with the department manager, and then he went out and a senior analyst came in and asked the same questions he asked on the phone. Never met the team supervisor or any other team members before hire.

Interview Questions
    • Messaging problem scenario given and then asked how I would solve it.   View Answer
    There wasn't any. It was a contract position for a set rate.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northern Trust in July 2014.

Asked many behavioral questions and really dug into my past. Great interview process overall, but environment was very stuffy / corporate. No appreciation for creativity or smaller company experience. Provided great feedback regarding my responses, and they were outstanding with answering any questions I had regarding the position, performance metrics, team size, etc.

Financial Analyst Interview

3.Manager round..25 min..cleared n they said u r selected on d same day..

Interview Questions
    • Mutal funds
      Shares
      All briefing of my resume..
      Little tricky questions on wat u say..

Answer Question
    Very good..

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northern Trust in October 2013.

First Round Interview. Very standard, nothing unexpected. Basic interview prep and company research will prepare you. Second round is more intensive, did not make though so can't provide insight. Overall positive experience, great starter interview in internship process.

Rotational Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northern Trust in September 2014.

I applied through on-campus recruiting. The first interview was straightforward and behavioral. The second, on-site interview was about a month later. They asked more behavioral questions, as well as talk about the various teams. There was a case study, but it as rather basic and more to gauge your thought processes than any particular content knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • What was the stock price of Northern Trust this morning?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Northern Trust.

Very fun interview process. I met with two managers and two team leaders, which really gave me a good sense of who I would be working with on a daily basis.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Northern Trust in June 2011.

Interview process took very long... About one month without any communication, whereas a colleague who applied for the same post during the same period was offered a job immediately.... This was very disappointing due to the lack of communication.

There was no negotiation...