Northern Trust Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.8

Intern Interview

Interview

Phone Interview - fairly standard behavioural questions, nothing too unexpected. It was an easy process, as the HR lady was extremely helpful and told me what to prepare before the interview. process took less than a month.

Interview Questions

• Name a time in which you had to use your communication skills in order to solve a difficult problem?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very fun interview process. I met with two managers and two team leaders, which really gave me a good sense of who I would be working with on a daily basis.

RDP Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Series of 6 interviews with senior members of the designated track you are applying for. All are scheduled for an hour long and are scattered throughout the day. Mainly questions aiming t getting to know you, be prepared for a few technical questions as well. You will be required to do a case study in a limited time period and present your solution.

Interview Questions

• What are the different financial statements and how do they correlate with one another?   Answer Question

Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Individual behavioral interviews followed by a case study & presentation. Interviewee will meet with ~3 managers to learn about the candidate. Following the interviews, the candidate will be assigned a brief case and will make a short presentation on his or her findings.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you disagreed with a manager.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northern Trust.

Interview

On Campus interview which they read off a sheet of paper asking straight up behavioral questions. Nothing difficult. They would ask "tell me a time you have been challanged", "tell me a time you have ran into a problem with a group member and how did you solve it". Wasn't a very interesting interview because they just asked question after question.

Specialist Level (3-5 Years Experience) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

There were 4 rounds of interviews. First was over the phone with HR, then in person with the hiring manager and another person in that group, then another round with several folks in other departments who use the group's services, then a final one-on-one with the hiring manager. Took over 3 months. Seemed like they wanted consensus from a lot of people.

Interview Questions

• Very heavy on behavioral questions. More than any other job I've interviewed for. Expect at least a dozen. It got kind of tedious.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust in October 2014.

Interview

the interview process started at the college career fair. I then applied on my colleges recruiting website and was invited for an on campus interview. The company than reached out to me for a second round interview at their office. I received my offer a few days after that

Interview Questions

• mostly behavioral; know your long and short term goals; finance background; how do you work in a fast paced environment; are you a team worker or do you prefer to work individually?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Champaign, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process started at my on campus career fair. I talked with Northern Trust reps at the fair and then earned an on-campus interview. The lady I interviewed with was not very encouraging to conversation. All she was concerned with was asking every single question she had in her packet and then hardly giving me anytime to interact.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when something happened that you didn't expect and how did you react?   Answer Question

GOLD Program Interview

Interview

I interviewed at the Chicago Office during my internship with managers in the specific area I applied into. There was only on technical question and everything was behavioral. Most interviews were just conversations and not difficult at all.

Interview Questions

• List off all the working capital accounts on a statement of cash flows.   1 Answer

GOLD Program Interview

Interview

2 rounds of interviews before final decision. The process a couple of weeks. There were multiple interviews and a business case study. Most of the questions were behavioral, asking about why Northern Trust. A few basic market questions