Northern Trust

Updated Jan 26, 2015
Updated Jan 26, 2015

2.8

Fund Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Northern Trust.

Got called in after applying online almost instantly, they also told me the salary minimum over the phone before the interview which was a bit weird.

I went in talked to the HR manager, and then three different managers. Some of the questions were straight forward (strengths, weakness, team work examples etc) Others were more technical but easy for finance majors such as (what is a 401k plan, what is a stock, bond, option, mutual fund, what is GAAP)

Interview Questions
    • Easy but Unexpected question- put the securities from least risky to most risky: Stocks, mutual fund, options, bond   View Answer

Alternative Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Northern Trust in December 2013.

Was contacted by phone to set up an interview. The process was very easy, a 30 min sit down with a HR manager, and then about 45 min with managers of the team I was interviewing with. The interview with my team was laid back, they explained about the job and asked some basic questions. Nothing harder than "Explain a time when you?". Got feed back within a week and was hired. After the background check I started right away.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really, just be prepared as usual to sell yourself and they had a few behavioral questions.   Answer Question
    Not sure if they negotiate, I got an entry level position which doesn't leave you much room.

Senior Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Northern Trust in December 2013.

Lenghtly hiring process. Hard company to get into. Did not apply they pulled my resume from a online source. Took three weeks just for the call offer. Highly client oriented interview. Not much else from what I recall.

NO ROOM FOR NEGOTIATION

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Northern Trust in November 2013.

Very easy. All the basic questions you would expect in an interview. I had two over the phone interviews. The first was short, roughly 20 minutes. The second was a bit longer, roughly 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • What surprised you the most about your internship experience last summer?   Answer Question

Clear and Concise Questions/Conversation Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northern Trust.

The interviewing process I went through was smooth and the interviewers were well informed and pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was where do I see myself in 5 years.   Answer Question

Associate Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northern Trust in October 2013.

Received a call from HR and interviewed the following week. Interview consisted of 3 1:1 interviews. It was mostly conversational with few questions. Interviewers explained the position very well and went through my resume asking questions about work experience and education. It was relatively quick a painless. No difficult questions.

Interview Questions
    • If someone is falling behind in your group with their work what would you do?   Answer Question
    Very little room for negotiation.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

First Round Interview. Very standard, nothing unexpected. Basic interview prep and company research will prepare you. Second round is more intensive, did not make though so can't provide insight. Overall positive experience, great starter interview in internship process.

Operations Analyst (IOO) Interview

Got a phone call to come in for an interview. Was supposed to be a 2 part interview but the HR lady wasn't in the office, so I went directly to the 3 panel interview with the VP of the IOO department and two team leads. They pretty much started bombarding me with questions and didn't do a good job explaining the role... And believe me I researched as much as I could, I'm sure you guys have realized how vague NT's job postings are if you are reading this. Most of the questions were pretty standard though. Be ready to defend your resume.

Interview Questions
    • How long does it take for you to get money after you sell a stock?   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Northern Trust.

Very tedious. It took approximately one year to get hired.

Interview Questions
    We went back and forth two times. It worked out for me.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northern Trust.

The interviews were pretty straight forward. I met with many "partners"(employees) during the interview process to measure my fit. There were not any questions that were unexpected.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to manage difficult personalities.   Answer Question