Northern Trust Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2015
Updated Mar 9, 2015

2.8

Clear and Concise Questions/Conversation Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northern Trust.

The interviewing process I went through was smooth and the interviewers were well informed and pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was where do I see myself in 5 years.   Answer Question

Associate Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northern Trust in October 2013.

Received a call from HR and interviewed the following week. Interview consisted of 3 1:1 interviews. It was mostly conversational with few questions. Interviewers explained the position very well and went through my resume asking questions about work experience and education. It was relatively quick a painless. No difficult questions.

Interview Questions
    • If someone is falling behind in your group with their work what would you do?   Answer Question
    Very little room for negotiation.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

First Round Interview. Very standard, nothing unexpected. Basic interview prep and company research will prepare you. Second round is more intensive, did not make though so can't provide insight. Overall positive experience, great starter interview in internship process.

Operations Analyst (IOO) Interview

Got a phone call to come in for an interview. Was supposed to be a 2 part interview but the HR lady wasn't in the office, so I went directly to the 3 panel interview with the VP of the IOO department and two team leads. They pretty much started bombarding me with questions and didn't do a good job explaining the role... And believe me I researched as much as I could, I'm sure you guys have realized how vague NT's job postings are if you are reading this. Most of the questions were pretty standard though. Be ready to defend your resume.

Interview Questions
    • How long does it take for you to get money after you sell a stock?   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Northern Trust.

Very tedious. It took approximately one year to get hired.

Interview Questions
    We went back and forth two times. It worked out for me.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northern Trust.

The interviews were pretty straight forward. I met with many "partners"(employees) during the interview process to measure my fit. There were not any questions that were unexpected.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to manage difficult personalities.   Answer Question

GOLD Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Northern Trust in August 2013.

Pretty casual interviews but a long day-6 in one day!

GOLD Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Northern Trust.

Initial screen: In-person interview on campus; Final screen: on-site interview with four managers

Non-negotiable

Investments Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Northern Trust.

got everything done in a day, and the general process was very quick and accommodating. much quicker than other financial companies i've interviewed with.

Interview Questions
    • if im comfortable speaking to clients directly about financial vehicles and if i have experience doing so   Answer Question
    didn't really have a negotiation phase but the offer was good.

Analyst, Institutional Fund Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northern Trust.

Phone interview, face to face interview with 3 managers, offer.

Interview Questions
    • 1) Tell me about yourself
      2) What are your strengths/weaknesses?
      3) Why should we hire you?
      4) What is a mutual fund?
      5) What is a 401k?
      6) What is a derivative (and they ask you to rank about 5 derivatives based on risk)?
      7) What is NAV?
      8) What would you do if you had to do the same thing everyday?

Answer Question
    The offer was non-negotiable. That is exactly what HR told me.