Northern Trust Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015

2.8

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

Received a call for an interview a month after I applied online. Discuss salary w/HR over phone & then had 3 interview. Sent thank you emails along with a follow-up email weeks after the 2nd interview. No response ever received.

Interview Questions

• Nothing to difficult. Questions were like explain your day-to-day work schedule? Any improvements you made that impact your current position? Do you work well with others...etc?   Answer Question

GOLD Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Mostly behavioral questions about past experiences.

Interview Questions

• Will ask about the different financial records such as balance sheet etc. Will ask for you to break down each.   1 Answer

Started looking to move out of state.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust.

Interview

Internal hire, joined group after helping their manager on several projects on the side of my previous job.

Interview Questions

• No surprise / difficult interview questions given prior work experience with the manager and team.   Answer Question

Drone Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northern Trust.

Interview

Minimal compared to other places. No hard questions. Mostly can you get along

Interview Questions

• never had a difficult or unexpected question the who time ive been there   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It was over 7 years ago, so don't remember much

Account Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Naples, FL).

Interview

Contacted by HR representative and spoke with them for about 30 minutes. The HR rep asked general behavioral questions and also asked about my resume, experience, and previous jobs. I was then contacted two days later to schedule an face to face interview with two managers the next week. The 2:1 interview with the two managers was not very difficult as I was asked only behavioral type questions, nothing technical. One of the managers was extremely rude and arrogant, purposely trying to make me uncomfortable, however the other interviewer was very pleasant. Not sure if they were trying to play good cop bad cop to see how I reacted, but it was completely unwarranted to be as rude as the one manager was. The two managers grilled me on my resume, schooling, and past work experience. Given that most of my work experience was unrelated to the position I thought it was a little excessive to go into such great detail about my summer landscaping jobs in early undergraduate school, but they kept asking unnecessary and unrelated questions for the job I was applying to. Overall, the interview was relatively easy, but I did not get a good feeling about working at that office as the one manager was just so unpleasant and rude. I would not have wanted to work with him if I got the job offer and I got the feeling that the other manager who does work with him did not like him much either because of his arrogance. It has been 3 weeks and I have not heard a word from the company, even after sending follow up emails and thank you emails to the HR rep and both managers. I am pretty sure I will never hear from anyone in the company about not getting the job, which is inexplicably rude to not even send an email, let alone a phone call, to inform candidates of their status or that the company has decided to move on with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or technical questions, asked only basic behavioral questions. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Have you ever had conflicts with co-workers? Have you ever had a conflict with a customer? Tell me about yourself? What do you know about Northern Trust?   Answer Question

Second Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interview was easy right out of college. They were looking for naive pickings

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Back in 2007, 40K was the standard right out of school with a BS.

Interview

Lengthy interview process. Expect up to 2 months or more. Very competitive with extensive interview questions. 3 part interview. HR phone recruiter, 3 panel interview, multiple questions, expect an hour or so, then a final with department head. Many behavioral questions, one or two critical thinking, describe yourself, how well do you handle being alone and team environment, how well do you handle difficult clients, co-workers, accountability, and resolution skills. They are expecting you to sell yourself, so do just that. They ask if you have an understanding of the job role, do some basic research and ask questions that you may have. They encourage it.

Interview Questions

• Mock Interview of an inbound call with a problem, and what you would do to resolve or handle it. Expect beginning to end.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Depending on experience you may be able to negotiate some. They offer shift differential, big plus.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westwood, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Westwood, CA).

Interview

It was a long time ago. I responded to an add in the paper and called for a interview. I had 5 interview before I was hired. Northern Trust only hires the best.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate at that time. The salary was much higher that I was receiving from the credit union.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

Very relaxed phone interview. Questions very basic. How did you help a past client. How long was the engagement. No technical questions. The interview was several weeks after submitting the application and so it took me a minute to remember the job description I was interviewing for.