Northern Trust

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Investment Operations Analyst Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Northern Trust in March 2011.

Interview Details – First I got the first-round 1:1 intervew conducted on-campus, then it was a on-site one interviewed by 3 people

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Investment Operations Analyst Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Northern Trust in January 2009.

Interview Details – I have been working at the organization as a contractor. I applied online and followed up with the recruiter. A couple days later, the recruiter informed me that I had piqued the group's interest. After a few questions, about salary expectations and my background, an interview date was set up.
The following week, I had my interviews. The first part was performed by the recruiter. I was given information and literature about the group, the background check, and the company.
The next part was an interview with the hiring manager. It was straightforward. The questions were non- behavioral. It lasted about half an hour. I would like to point out, when I asked questions, I did not feel that the hiring manager did a good job selling the position.
The last interview was with with a department manager from the same group. The questions were very similar. This manager was very enthusiastic and upbeat. He was very knowledgeable and seemed like he would be a pleasant person to work with.
It took the hiring manager over a month to make a decision. In the end, I was not hired for the position but I was informed that my interviews went well.

Some pointers for a Northern Trust interview; know your craft and sell yourself then you will do fine.

Interview Question – Please describe your past positions.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Northern Trust

Worked for Northern Trust? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Northern Trust Investment Operations Analyst interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Northern Trust employees and interview candidates.