Northern Trust

Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Northern Trust in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was an employee referral. First conversation was with HR. I deliberately asked if financial experience was required for the position since I did not have it. If it was, then we should not continue with the interviewing process. She said she would check with the hiring manager. Two days later, I received a call to schedule and interview with the hiring manager, her boss and another VP. The interviews went well and varied a lot. The first one was a great discussion, the second was a lecture where I just listened to someone who liked to hear himself talk and the third was with the hiring manager who would not stop saying how this position required financial experience. HA! So it was all for nothing. I was told I would be notified the following week of next steps. When I did not hear back I sent several emails ( I guess I like torturing myself since I was emailing to just get the decline.) Finally I received a phone call from the HR person who told me, get this, that they hired someone with financial experience. Funny thing though, the job was reposted about six weeks later.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Very Difficult Interview

Marketing Interview

Marketing

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Northern Trust in June 2012.

Interview Details – First it was a screened phone interview, then I was called into the office to interview for the position. It took 3 hours and I met with everyone in the department. 2 weeks later I was called back for another round of interviews and that took 2 hours and I met with everyone again.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Northern Trust

Worked for Northern Trust? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Northern Trust Marketing interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Northern Trust employees and interview candidates.