Northern Trust Senior Analyst Interview Questions

3.3

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northern Trust in June 2012.

Two phone interviews, the first with a company recruiter and the second with the hiring manager. Then in-person interviews with the company recruiter, hiring manager, the business unit CFO and the CFO of another business unit.

Two of the four people I met with were condescending and arrogant. I was interviewing for a straightforward financial analyst position, but I got asked strategy consulting-type questions (similar to what you might get asked if you were interviewing at a Bain or a McKinsey). This was overkill, in my opinion.

The in-person interviews were very disorganized. Nobody seemed to know what my interview schedule was, or had any awareness of timing. I met with the recruiter first and we started almost 15 minutes late. After we were finished, she had me wait at the reception desk for 5 minutes for another recruiter to take me to my second meeting. The second recruiter didn't know how to pronounce the name of my second interviewer, and when we got there the second interviewer wasn't in his office. My fourth interviewer also wasn't in his office at the time I was supposed to meet him, so my third interviewer and I had to wait around awkwardly until he got back. The fourth person I met with didn't even bother giving me a business card and simply rushed me out the door at the end.

The fourth interviewer asked me my strengths and weaknesses. I shared with him a weakness, and then he kept pushing me for additional weaknesses. He also suggested potential weaknesses that I might have and asked if they were things I was working on. I found this unnerving and extremely rude.

My interview in-person interview process was scheduled to take 2 hours, but ended up taking almost 3 hours due to all the disorganization. I was never offered any water or restroom access the entire 3 hours I was there. The company's atmosphere is extremely conservative and stuffy.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a situation where you made a mistake in your work and how you handled it.   Answer Question
  • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
  • If your manager or supervisor were here, what would they say your greatest strengths or weaknesses are?   Answer Question
  • How would you estimate the number of people that walk through the doors of a neighborhood business on a daily basis? Can you provide an estimated range in which you are 90% confident?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Northern Trust

Senior Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Northern Trust.

Short phone interview followed by an onsite interview that lasted for a little more than an hour. The questions were all very basic. I feel like I didn't have to try at all. The first interview was with the recruiter and the second two were with two VPs. The position was not described very well to me at all. It was a new team so I felt that no one really knew what was going on at the time but they were very nice about it.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were extremely basic. They just wanted to gain a very in-depth understanding of my prior experience and what I am capable of.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northern Trust in August 2011.

Interviewed by experienced staff member and onshore clients. was questioned in detailed for the technical rounds.

Interview Questions
    • Why you are looking out for change in job?   View Answer

Senior Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Northern Trust in February 2011.

Group Discussion, Test on verbal ability, quants and reasoning

Interview Questions
    • Waiting for HR to call. Need patience and need to wait for a long time   Answer Question
    Not much of negotiation.... Had to show other firms offer letter