Northgate Information Solutions

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Hyderābād (India)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Northgate Information Solutions in June 2010.

Interview Details – The interview went on for 2 days and it was for a fresher position and the rounds included were five. The first round was a group discussion round with time limit of 2 mins for each. the second round was a written test round with a time limit of 60 mins and the third round was technical round which went on for around 30 mins and the fourth round was with the hiring manager which went on for about 30 mins and last round was the HR round which went on for around 20 mins, overall it was a very good learning experience.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Very Easy Interview

Trainee Software Developer Interview

Trainee Software Developer
Bristol, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Northgate Information Solutions in August 2007.

Interview Details – I was approached by an agency who did all the communication with the company and they filled me in with
the job details and then forwarded my CV onto the company. When I was asked to come in for an interview
it was through the agency. The interview was with the team leader I would be working for and his manager.
The interview was pretty straightforward - they asked about University (dissertation, favourite subjects etc)
and my previous jobs. They didn't ask about how well I matched their requirement...they were
expecting someone with no experience so really they wanted to see what kind of person I was more than anything and to tell me about the company and the job.
Everyone seemed really relaxed but not too laid back..you could tell they were getting on with their jobs but also there was a friendly atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• What have you been doing since graduating University and attending this interview?   View Answer
  • What were your favourite subjects at Uni and why?   Answer Question
  • Explain you reasons for choosing your dissertation and generally describe what it is about.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a little as the min salary I was willing to accept was higher than what was offered but the actual negotiation was done through the agency who did a rather good job.
To other candidates - be wary. Although the initial pay may be good compared to other companies...your salary won't increase a lot once you have the job as they are a bit stingy when it comes to salary reviews and promotions especially if you don't have a lot of experience. Some of the more senior management don't seem to realise that a lot of experience does not necessarily translate into competence.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Northgate Information Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Northgate Information Solutions interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Northgate Information Solutions employees and interview candidates.