Northrop Grumman

2.4

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in November 2014.

Recruiter reached out to me same day I submitted my application with several followup screening questions. Once sent, the recruiter responded 3 days later indicating the hiring manager would like to interview me in person. An interview was scheduled for one week later.

The security instructions in entering the building was detailed to let me know what to expect.

On the day of the interview, a panel of three people sat me in a conference room where they asked questions about my background and my experience. They were extremely friendly and professional. Toward the end of my interview they were honest that this position may not be the best fit for me, however there was another position in which I was more suited for.

So a week later, I was called in for a second interview for the other position. The panel was two people indicating what the position would be like. Again very professional and very friendly.

I heard back with a decision in less than 3 business days.

Other Interview Reviews for Northrop Grumman

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Applied through a recruiting company, after submitting resume they responded back for an in person interview for in one week. The in person interview lasted one hour, with basic interview questions about the job history. They explained the requirement very well.

The interview included both verbal and written testing.

Was given an offer the same day (due to project needs). But it is normal for it to take some time.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a Gap in my employment history.
      Is BA a stop gap career path.
        Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Business Analyst Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in August 2011.

Very easy process. Great interviewer...actually enjoyed the interview. Extremely quick follow-up.

Business Analyst Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in October 2009.

Recieved the job opportunity through a friend. Went for the interview and was offered the job a week later. I accepted the job and had to take a drug test. Once my drug test cleared i went through a 6 month background check for a security clearance. HR person who handled my interview process was very friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions
    • Explain past experiences that relate to working with the government.   View Answer
    Negotiation phase was non existent. I was right out of college when i got the job offer and didn't have much to offer the company besides schooling. Had a been an experienced hire i could have negotiated pay and other items.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in April 2009.

Applied on external job site, contacted by recruiter with offer to interview. Met with panel interviewers within one week, seven interviewers who asked 20-25 structured questions. Turned interview on to panel with questions that lasted thirty minutes and discussed culture, norms and daily work requirements, management styles and potential advancements. Guided interviewers to 'off track' questions that dealt wtih interviewer's personal work interest and their desired traits for a co-worker. Interviewers were nice and seemed to accept my answers to questions with hightened interest. All were animate in their reactions and gave back positive results. I came away feeling great. I really enjoyed the interview and the people. Lots of laughs.

Received job offer within one week (via FedEx). 25% higher salary, very good benefits including continuing education.

Everyone seemed in a good mood, upbeat and having no serious hangups during the interview.

Within 4-8 months work environment changed as layoffs seemed iminent (2-6 months). Teammates seemed tense, anxious and worried. Meetings were tense with preditory actions prevalent. High drive to reduce costs with everyone expected to contribute 10-20% cost reductions.

I received job offer from another company that didn't deal with defense matters and accepted. Slightly less monies but overall a better environment.

Interview Questions
    • Dealing with a difficult teammate during a difficult project.   View Answers (2)
    • Handling a risk that had occurred.   View Answer
    • When confronted with a project failure, what would you do to prevent recurrence?   View Answer
    Congenial, not much negotiation...arrived at agreeable salary and benefits package.

Depending on your skill level, and especially experience you can ask for a better salary and better educational benefits but over all the original offer should be sufficient. If you do great work during first year you can ask for better salary.