Northrop Grumman Interview Questions in Chantilly, VA

2.5

Network Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in March 2013.

The recruiter excitedly told me of three positions and I interviewed for two. Both went very well and the recruiter told me to expect at least one offer. I even answered follow-on questions from one of the interviewers where I'm sure I was free consulting advice. The teams definitely needed good engineers. Unfortunately it did not get that far.

When it came to getting an offer for either I was annoyed and disappointed. It is unprofessional and a bad sign when the recruiter stops responding after telling you that they were actively working on an offer. I contacted them a few times asking them for an update because I was considering other offers.

Once I informed them of my acceptance of another offer, only then did the recruiter respond to explicitly reject me in favor of another candidate. That's unprofessional. I got no credible answer regarding why I was left in limbo and rejected after withdrawing. I stalled on the other offer based on the recruiter's information and NGC did not deserve the consideration. I was probably too expensive for them, but not for my new employer.

Interview Questions
    • The questions asked varied greatly based on the team/group. For both positions, the interviewers were below my level of expertise. The interview was primarily to determine if I can communicate my expertise and be professional enough to interact with the customer.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in February 2011.

The process started out with a phone interview with talent acquisition. She gathered basics on salary requirements, what I was looking for as far as the position goes, verified my employment history, etc. A week later, I had a group interview with the hiring manager, engineering manager and business development lead. This consisted of questions related to my resume, how I would handle certain situations at work, my experience in SW development, change management and project management, etc. I was able to ask a lot of questions about the position as well. After that interview, I was asked to come back the following week to meet with the customer. That was more of a meet and greet than an interview. After that, I was asked to come back in a third time to meet with the Director (who was in vacation during the previous two times I was on site). Two days later, I was offered the position at my requested salary.

Interview Questions
    • What is your experience as a project manager for a large scale IT project?   View Answer
    • How do you handle implementing change within an organization?   Answer Question
    They offered me the salary I requested so there was no need to negotiate salary.