Northrop Grumman

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Clearfield, UT

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in March 2012.

Interview Details – I had one interview with a panel of five interviewers. They asked the typical expected behavioral questions--"Tell me about a time when you had a difficult problem..., Tell me about a time when you had leadership..., etc. They asked me about relevant coursework and time management. The interview lasted about 40 minutes. The interviewers were congenial and engaged. They took notes throughout and gave me a schedule of when to expect to hear back about the position--whether yea or nay.

Interview Question – The questions were as expected: behavioral questions in regards to teaming, leadership, time management; and questions relevant to the statistical position such as coursework and analytical skills.   Answer Question

College Technical Intern

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in May 2014.

Interview Details – Contacted for an interview about 4 weeks after applying online. Interview was over the phone with 3 NG employees: a manager and two engineers. The interview was very conversational and comfortable - just asking questions about my resume, previous projects/internship, etc. No technical questions really, just asking what technical skills I had and how I used them to solve various projects.

Interview Question – Nothing weird, just typical "tell me about yourself" stuff   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

College Intern Technical

I applied online - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in April 2014.

Interview Details – Phone Interview with a HR person and a Programmer

Interview Question – What do You Consider as Your Resources?   Answer Question

Bellevue, NE

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in December 2012.

Interview Details – Either a group panel or a one-on-one interview. Received the offer 1-2 weeks after the interview.

Interview Question – Have you ever lead a team before? If so, what was the hardest task and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

College Intern Technical

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview Details – Applied online through the careers website. Received a call from a recruiter about 3 weeks later, asking for interview availability for one phone interview with 2 software engineers. Decision was going to be given based on one phone interview with engineer. Overall the interview process seemed straightforward and the recruiters were responsive.

Interview Question – All behavioral questions and some technical questions related to C++ concepts. No coding questions.
-If you were asked to work in a group, what would you bring to the group?
-Give me an example of a time you used inheritance/polymorphism.
-Describe some of the projects you have listed on your resume.
  Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in May 2013.

Interview Details – Went on 3 interviews prior to this one from which I was hired. I'm a 20 yr retired enlisted Navy vet. I believe I presented myself well, however I think that I was my in the Navy as a supervisor that was my downfall for the previous interviews. I think they were looking for someone less used to being in a supervisory position.

Interview Question – Did I know what MILSTD was?   View Answer

College Park, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in February 2011.

Interview Details – My interview (for the College Technical Intern position at Northrop Grumman) was unlike many other tech firms' interviews. The company really focuses on well-rounded personality -- meaning they're more interested in your ideas, visions and capability than your knowledge from classes. I had two interviewers; both of them asked me behavioral/personality questions, but there was a subtle difference in those questions.

Interview Question – What made you decide to attend the current university?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Northrop Grumman

Interview Details – Applied online and received a phone call to schedule a phone interview a couple weeks later.

Interview Question – The interview was fairly easy. I was just asked to describe my school projects.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Northrop Grumman

Worked for Northrop Grumman? Contribute to the Community!

Northrop Grumman Videos

Northrop Grumman – Why Work for Us?

We invite you to learn more about Northrop Grumman’s varied businesses and our rich history of innovation. Northrop Grumman continues to manufacture some of the most cutting-edge technology and products. As a member of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Northrop Grumman College Technical Intern interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Northrop Grumman employees and interview candidates.