Northrop Grumman College Technical Intern Interview Questions

2.5

College Technical Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman in May 2014.

Interview

Contacted for an interview about 4 weeks after applying online. Interview was over the phone with 3 NG employees: a manager and two engineers. The interview was very conversational and comfortable - just asking questions about my resume, previous projects/internship, etc. No technical questions really, just asking what technical skills I had and how I used them to solve various projects.

Interview Questions

• Nothing weird, just typical "tell me about yourself" stuff   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Northrop Grumman

College Intern Technical Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman in April 2014.

Interview

Phone Interview with a HR person and a Programmer

College Intern Technical Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Applied online through the careers website. Received a call from a recruiter about 3 weeks later, asking for interview availability for one phone interview with 2 software engineers. Decision was going to be given based on one phone interview with engineer. Overall the interview process seemed straightforward and the recruiters were responsive.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions and some technical questions related to C++ concepts. No coding questions. -If you were asked to work in a group, what would you bring to the group? -Give me an example of a time you used inheritance/polymorphism. -Describe some of the projects you have listed on your resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (San Diego, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Went on 3 interviews prior to this one from which I was hired. I'm a 20 yr retired enlisted Navy vet. I believe I presented myself well, however I think that I was my in the Navy as a supervisor that was my downfall for the previous interviews. I think they were looking for someone less used to being in a supervisory position.

Interview Questions

• Did I know what MILSTD was?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Bellevue, NE) in December 2012.

Interview

Either a group panel or a one-on-one interview. Received the offer 1-2 weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever lead a team before? If so, what was the hardest task and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearfield, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Clearfield, UT) in March 2012.

Interview

I had one interview with a panel of five interviewers. They asked the typical expected behavioral questions--"Tell me about a time when you had a difficult problem..., Tell me about a time when you had leadership..., etc. They asked me about relevant coursework and time management. The interview lasted about 40 minutes. The interviewers were congenial and engaged. They took notes throughout and gave me a schedule of when to expect to hear back about the position--whether yea or nay.

Interview Questions

• The questions were as expected: behavioral questions in regards to teaming, leadership, time management; and questions relevant to the statistical position such as coursework and analytical skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (College Park, MD) in February 2011.

Interview

My interview (for the College Technical Intern position at Northrop Grumman) was unlike many other tech firms' interviews. The company really focuses on well-rounded personality -- meaning they're more interested in your ideas, visions and capability than your knowledge from classes. I had two interviewers; both of them asked me behavioral/personality questions, but there was a subtle difference in those questions.

Interview Questions

• What made you decide to attend the current university?   Answer Question

College Intern Technical Interview

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call to schedule a phone interview a couple weeks later.

Interview Questions

• The interview was fairly easy. I was just asked to describe my school projects.   Answer Question