Northrop Grumman

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

College Technical Intern Interview

Bellevue, NE

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in December 2012.

Interview Details – Either a group panel or a one-on-one interview. Received the offer 1-2 weeks after the interview.

Interview Question – Have you ever lead a team before? If so, what was the hardest task and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

College Intern Technical Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview Details – Applied online through the careers website. Received a call from a recruiter about 3 weeks later, asking for interview availability for one phone interview with 2 software engineers. Decision was going to be given based on one phone interview with engineer. Overall the interview process seemed straightforward and the recruiters were responsive.

Interview Question – All behavioral questions and some technical questions related to C++ concepts. No coding questions.
-If you were asked to work in a group, what would you bring to the group?
-Give me an example of a time you used inheritance/polymorphism.
-Describe some of the projects you have listed on your resume.
  Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in May 2013.

Interview Details – Went on 3 interviews prior to this one from which I was hired. I'm a 20 yr retired enlisted Navy vet. I believe I presented myself well, however I think that I was my in the Navy as a supervisor that was my downfall for the previous interviews. I think they were looking for someone less used to being in a supervisory position.

Interview Question – Did I know what MILSTD was?   View Answer

College Technical Intern Interview

College Park, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in February 2011.

Interview Details – My interview (for the College Technical Intern position at Northrop Grumman) was unlike many other tech firms' interviews. The company really focuses on well-rounded personality -- meaning they're more interested in your ideas, visions and capability than your knowledge from classes. I had two interviewers; both of them asked me behavioral/personality questions, but there was a subtle difference in those questions.

Interview Question – What made you decide to attend the current university?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Northrop Grumman

Interview Details – Applied online and received a phone call to schedule a phone interview a couple weeks later.

Interview Question – The interview was fairly easy. I was just asked to describe my school projects.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Northrop Grumman

Worked for Northrop Grumman? Contribute to the Community!

Northrop Grumman Videos

Northrop Grumman – Why Work for Us?

We invite you to learn more about Northrop Grumman’s varied businesses and our rich history of innovation. Northrop Grumman continues to manufacture some of the most cutting-edge technology and products. As a member of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Northrop Grumman College Technical Intern interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Northrop Grumman employees and interview candidates.