Northrop Grumman

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Apopka, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Apopka, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in November 2008.

I was called by an HR recruiter to come in and do an interview. They were very willing to work with me as far as scheduling went, but wanted to schedule the interview soon since they were pushing to fill the position. When I got there, I met with the recruiter, who gave me an overview of the company, and asked me about any questions that I might have. I then met with the hiring manager, who asked me the typical interview questions, like what my strengths and weaknesses were, and asked me about a situation where I had difficulty with a coworker and how I resolved it. I was also asked about how I handled a difficult situation, whether at work, or in life in general.

Everyone in the office was very friendly. I wore my suit for the interview, all though the recruiter was dressed casually because it was casual Friday. Never feel weird for being "over dressed" if you show up to an interview on a Friday and the person is in jeans.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time for you that was difficult, and how you handled the challenges.   Answer Question
  • Why did you leave your last long term job?   Answer Question
Always try to negotiate. Several friends passed up the chance to during their interview processes with other companies, and missed out on money that they will never get back with the 3% "cost of living raises."