Northrop Grumman Electrical Engineer Interview Questions

2.8

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in February 2013.

Shs is nice, questions are general, take 30 minutes. But I didn't hear anything back until now which is been a week

Other Interview Reviews for Northrop Grumman

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Linthicum Heights, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Linthicum Heights, MD

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

I was brought out to stay at the Double-Tree Hotel for 3 days back in 1998. It was a good time with many other potential new hires.

Interview Questions
    We informally agreed on an amount, but the formal offer was considerably less. I made a counter offer for somewhere in between, and it was accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Linthicum, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Linthicum, MD

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in January 2010.

Professional

Interview Questions
    Very little room for negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  El Segundo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in December 2007.

I spoke to at least 3 different groups of people. Some were one-on-one and some were two-on-one. This interview was not behavioral. It was purely technical. They asked a lot about signal processing mathematics like: Laplace, Fourier, and convolutions. They had a board and markers for me to show my work in one case.

Interview Questions
    • He drew 2 graphs on the board and asked me to draw the graph of the convolution of the two graphs he drew.   View Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in February 2008.

I got the interview through the university career fair. At first, I had an on campus interview with was mostly behavioral questions. After that I waited two months to be contacted by Northrop Grumman's HR to schedule an on-site interview which spanned three days. They offered flight tickets and hotel together with ice breaking dinner, on-site tour and finally multiple technical interviews. It was a pleasant and welcoming experience.

On site Interview:
    1st Day:
    Flying to the LA and the HR had a van to pick up the candidates to gather at the hotel. They drove us via tour buses and had a nice dinner in Manhattan Beach with managers and other candidates getting to knowing each other.

2nd Day:
    On site tour to several locations including meeting different engineering teams to discuss what they were developing and designing. Then there was a huge dinner banquet in the hotel where I was assigned to the tables according to the hiring team engineers and managers. It was a dinner where we got to communicate with different managers and engineers to know more about the specific tasks and what people they need in the particular groups I was going to interview with the next day.

3rd Day:
    This was the last day of the interview process where we were given several tour buses that drove us for the on site interview early in the morning. NGC scheduled everybody to interview at different time slots. I was scheduled to three different interviews which was the digital comm group, and two different RF groups. All three of the interviews had one to two people. The questions involved team work, basic RF knowledge, describing the projects I had done and also digital signal processing.

All three departments suggested I should go for the Digital comm system, because I had shown great interest. Some of the technical questions are:
    - DSP knowledge
    - Find the Folding Frequency
    - Direct form I and II
    - IIR and FIR filter. Write out the difference equations
    - J-K Flip Flop in DSP
    - What's the multiplication of two sinc functions in time domain so what's the frequency response?
    - QAM

Interview Questions
    • What's the multiplication of two sinc functions in time domain? What's the frequency response?   View Answer

They gave me an offer but I wanted to work closer to my home.

Worked for Northrop Grumman? Contribute to the Community!