Northrop Grumman

Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineer I Interview

Engineer I
Redondo Beach, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview Details – The process was pretty long... I would recommend applying to various other places while you wait because it may take a while before you get a call.

I applied in October then got a call back from HR asking for an in phone interviews 2 weeks later and they gave me a specific time and day, so there was no surprise there.

2 weeks later I got a call from one of the hiring managers. He asked pretty basic questions. for example:
- tell me about yourself
-what do you know about this company
-what interests you about this company
-given that i am a mechanical engineer they asked why was i interested in an Aero Engineering position. This caught me off guard only because the job description didnt really say it aerospace position rather they gave a vague and general description, but still no big deal.
-what CAD software packages was i familiar with

stuff of that sort... real simple questions, no technical or analytical questions. After that, they would call me back if interested. And they did. Almost 3 weeks later, late November an HR rep called me and asked if would come in and when i was open for an in person interview. And we scheduled something a week later.

IN PERSON INTERVIEW:
I met with 6 representatives (managers and people i would work closely with). They split the interview in to two separate sessions ( session1, lunch with people you would work with, session2, and tour of the facility). One thing I would like to emphasize is that both sessions asked almost the exact same questions. It was pretty repetitive so it made things quite simple. Also, whatever they asked me in phone was exactly, to a certain extent, what they asked me in person. But i was also asked, additional behavioral question. My examples or at least the ones i recall:

-What was the last project you led, and what was the outcome?
-how do you deal with difficult teammates?
-give me an example of a time that things went wrong and how did you handle it?
-what do you expect from your employers and this position?

Interview Question – I don't think the questions were difficult. some caught me a little by surprise, but i cant recall which ones. Nothing to difficult that one cant recover if you practice enough.

What i was more interested in was the type of technical questions they would ask me. In other interviews they asked me to solve certain theoretical problems and analyze certain things, but not here.
  Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Engineer I Interview

Engineer I
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in August 2008.

Interview Details – Applied thru college's career website. After summitted my resume, the career center conducted the 1st interview.
And then I was put on waiting list. An year later, I got the notice for the 2nd interview. Its a job with City of Los Angeles. Not really related to my major, however, I have been always wanting a stable job. The interview went very smooth. The interviewer were very nice and polite unlike those "sharp" ones from private sector.

Interview Question – Whats your opinion on traffic congestion in the city? Any way you can think of to improve?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Northrop Grumman

Worked for Northrop Grumman? Contribute to the Community!

Northrop Grumman Videos

Northrop Grumman – Why Work for Us?

We invite you to learn more about Northrop Grumman’s varied businesses and our rich history of innovation. Northrop Grumman continues to manufacture some of the most cutting-edge technology and products. As a member of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Northrop Grumman Engineer I interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Northrop Grumman employees and interview candidates.