Northrop Grumman Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Feb 15, 2015

2.9

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Met recruiters at a school career fair and dropped off a resume. Two weeks later i was contacted and told they would be interviewing on campus. They have two interviews for new hires - one relaxed personal interview and then a technical interview. The interviewer I had was very helpful and laid back.

Interview Questions

• The personal interview is not difficult and they just want to make sure you think reasonably and have drive.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Northrop Grumman

Anonymous Employee in Azusa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman (Azusa, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

It was several months between when I applied and when I heard anything from the company for an interview. I had a telephone interview that wasn't anything too difficult. They were really nice and asked questions about projects and experiences that I had listed on my resume. They did "test" my technical knowledge of some of my projects, so be sure to be very comfortable with what is on your resume. The phone interview lasted about an hour. The next day I got a call that they were interested in flying me to the site for an in-person interview for a couple weeks later. The 2nd interview lasted 3-4 hours and consisted of 3 2-on-1 meetings with people of the company. Again, they asked mostly questions about my resume and behavioral questions, but they did ask some technical questions and had me explain a technical process that I had used in a certain project. Everyone there was really nice. However, after the interview, I was told to call the HR in a week to see if there was a decision made. I did, and she said it would be another week or two. After that, I never heard back from the company. I called several times to try to reach someone and emailed them and never heard a response. I was never given a formal rejection, my online profile just said "No longer under consideration." After the pleasant experience I was given throughout the interviews, I was very disappointed in the manner I was treated after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult. Everything mostly based on my resume experiences or other behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

Interviewed with Northrop Grumman at a job fair. Was referred for an interview at the Northop Grumman facility. I talked to the hiring manager and received a job offer. Very simple. There were no tricky interview questions. It was all very straight-forward.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Dropped my resume off at a career fair- they said they wanted to interview me the next day. Two people were there one HR guy one guy from the engineering team. Questions were very standard and open ended How do you feel about diversity? What job do you see yourself in at NG? What do you see in a leader? How would you handle someone who wants to complete a project differently? etc.

Interview Questions

• What projects do you see yourself working on a NG?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Northrop Grumman (Champaign, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

Was fun. Nice guys all around, asked some technical questions. They were doing a definite personality check and had two guys in there same time asking different questions. Many of my friends also had interviews and all stated that it was quite a nice experience. The questions were very general in their engineering relevance, but quite interesting.

Interview Questions

• What are the four forces an airplane experiences in level flight   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman (Baltimore, MD) in May 2012.

Interview

Recieved initial phone interview with HR, which was just to set up a phone interview with a manager. The same day, I recieved email from HR that they would like to have me come in for a company site interview, which lasted a whole day. However, the company site interview was pleasant. Everyone was very nice and asked simple behavioral and technical questions. I think they just want to make sure your personality fits well with the group.

Interview Questions

• What do you look for in a Manager?   Answer Question
    • Describe a project that you have failed in and what lessons did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in East Amherst, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Northrop Grumman (East Amherst, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

Very hard, asked lots of things about RF, software and even had me draw a flow chart for a large system. Multiple interviewers and very tedious questions. Friendly people, but not sure it was for me. The guy who would have been my manger seemed ok, but I detected some under the radar unhappiness with the employees.

Interview Questions

Didn' think the job was for me.

Anonymous Employee in Rolling Meadows, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Northrop Grumman (Rolling Meadows, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

They called me and acted as if I had made a previous commitment to fly there and interview, as if they had talked with me before. They hadn't. I flew there the next week. I arrived at 8, I was given a schedule and was interviewed by HR and several managers and given a lunch ticket for the cafeteria during lunch. The building was huge and I had to be escorted from place to place. I ended the day at HR and they made me a verbal offer, which I said I would consider. They paid for airfare, hotel and car. I flew home the next day, my offer letter came in the mail within a week and I declined due to insufficient salary.

Anonymous Employee in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Northrop Grumman (Newport News, VA) in March 2010.

Interview

Was already a current employee & I applied for a internal position by intranet. Got notification by email of interview request and details. Interview went very smooth & I was told that I would receive notification of a decision. I never received any kind of notification so I kept checking the status on the employee job site until it totally disappeared still in interview status. Human resources at this location does a very poor job & has a very poor reputation of how employees are treated. People with less experience & skills that are not current employees with get a position before a qualified current employee.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Northrop Grumman (Louisville, CO) in November 2009.

Interview

interview, four interviewers, 2 together, then 1, and again 1. senior level interviewers, director, senior manager, chief engineer, program manager. did ok with two of the interviewers, did very well with the other two. believe the two pushed the offer. they had two other candidates to interview after me, one later in the week, one early the following week. sure I got the offer because I had the backing of two of the four. not that the other two gave negative, but I didn't get the impression that I was "it". one of my references called me two days after my interview to let me know the company contacted him, so I knew that there was some interest because they still had candidates scheduled to interview. I accepted and was given a start date. a week before I was to start, they called to tell me the position was on hold. The same day, another company called. I explained my situation, they still wanted to talk... just in case the other job fell through. We talked, they made an offer. Two more weeks went by with the other job still on hold. I took the other job, and was working there a month before the first company called to let me know that the job was still on hold but that they expected funding within another month... two at the most. never looked back.