Northrop Grumman

Average Difficulty
20 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Northrop Grumman

Interview Details – Interviewed with Northrop Grumman at a job fair. Was referred for an interview at the Northop Grumman facility. I talked to the hiring manager and received a job offer. Very simple. There were no tricky interview questions. It was all very straight-forward.

Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview Details – Dropped my resume off at a career fair- they said they wanted to interview me the next day. Two people were there one HR guy one guy from the engineering team. Questions were very standard and open ended How do you feel about diversity? What job do you see yourself in at NG? What do you see in a leader? How would you handle someone who wants to complete a project differently? etc.

Interview Question – What projects do you see yourself working on a NG?   View Answer

Redondo Beach, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in January 2009.

Interview Details – Standard aerospace - initial contact was from a friend who put me on the NGC internal system. HR called a few days later & set up in-person interviews. Interviews asked standard questions & offer came approximately one week later

Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in May 2012.

Interview Details – Recieved initial phone interview with HR, which was just to set up a phone interview with a manager. The same day, I recieved email from HR that they would like to have me come in for a company site interview, which lasted a whole day. However, the company site interview was pleasant. Everyone was very nice and asked simple behavioral and technical questions. I think they just want to make sure your personality fits well with the group.

Interview Questions

East Amherst, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in September 2011.

Interview Details – Very hard, asked lots of things about RF, software and even had me draw a flow chart for a large system. Multiple interviewers and very tedious questions. Friendly people, but not sure it was for me. The guy who would have been my manger seemed ok, but I detected some under the radar unhappiness with the employees.

Interview Question – What is half of 8db   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Didn' think the job was for me.

New Orleans, LA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in April 2009.

Interview Details – No one really cared other than to fill quota. Asked bland and pointless questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

Rolling Meadows, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in January 2011.

Interview Details – They called me and acted as if I had made a previous commitment to fly there and interview, as if they had talked with me before. They hadn't. I flew there the next week. I arrived at 8, I was given a schedule and was interviewed by HR and several managers and given a lunch ticket for the cafeteria during lunch. The building was huge and I had to be escorted from place to place. I ended the day at HR and they made me a verbal offer, which I said I would consider. They paid for airfare, hotel and car. I flew home the next day, my offer letter came in the mail within a week and I declined due to insufficient salary.

Interview Question – I was asked an extremely difficult math question.   Answer Question

Newport News, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in March 2010.

Interview Details – Was already a current employee & I applied for a internal position by intranet. Got notification by email of interview request and details. Interview went very smooth & I was told that I would receive notification of a decision. I never received any kind of notification so I kept checking the status on the employee job site until it totally disappeared still in interview status. Human resources at this location does a very poor job & has a very poor reputation of how employees are treated. People with less experience & skills that are not current employees with get a position before a qualified current employee.

Interview Question – What makes you qualified for this position?   Answer Question

Louisville, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in November 2009.

Interview Details – interview, four interviewers, 2 together, then 1, and again 1. senior level interviewers, director, senior manager, chief engineer, program manager. did ok with two of the interviewers, did very well with the other two. believe the two pushed the offer. they had two other candidates to interview after me, one later in the week, one early the following week. sure I got the offer because I had the backing of two of the four. not that the other two gave negative, but I didn't get the impression that I was "it". one of my references called me two days after my interview to let me know the company contacted him, so I knew that there was some interest because they still had candidates scheduled to interview. I accepted and was given a start date. a week before I was to start, they called to tell me the position was on hold. The same day, another company called. I explained my situation, they still wanted to talk... just in case the other job fell through. We talked, they made an offer. Two more weeks went by with the other job still on hold. I took the other job, and was working there a month before the first company called to let me know that the job was still on hold but that they expected funding within another month... two at the most. never looked back.

Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in July 2008.

Interview Details – Initially, the process started with a phone call from a HR recruiter. Followed by one-on-one interviews with a panel of technical interveiwers and end with a final session with HR. The following week an offer was made by phone with an written offer by e-mail. I had one week to make a decision on the offer for the position. Lastly, I had to sign a number of forms after accepting the position.

Interview Question – None.   View Answer

Worked for Northrop Grumman? Contribute to the Community!