Northrop Grumman

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Engineering Manager
Palmdale, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in August 2009.

Interview Details – Interest by HR and Management and I had 1 interview by Chief Engineer and 2 other managers.

They indicated in the Job Description on what they wanted. I was prepared for the specifics. But turned the tables indicating they where looking for other specific experiences. End of interview. Waited 3 weeks for a response. Not selected Wishing future endevers. Basically it was of waste of my time.
Management was not interested in lots of experience on what the requisition posted indicated.
Poor HR Skills in there office. Culture white only.

Interview Questions

• What is your interpretation of the word comparability?   View Answer
  • Are you a detailed person or a big picture person.   View Answer

Redondo Beach, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in February 2010.

Interview Details – Interview by the HR screener and told that my resume would be passed to the hiring manager. I was rejected by the hiring manager without a personal interview. Later I asked the HR screener what had happened as I believed I was well qualified for the position. I was told by the HR screener that a viable canidate had been chosen.

Later found out that the person hired was set up to accept the position even before the position being posted. The hiring manager knew this person anad had engouraged him to apply for the position. A complete waste of my time and everyone's effort.

Interview Questions

Engineering Manager
El Segundo, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in April 2008.

Interview Details – The process was pretty ad hoc; they interviewed with the manager and several team members that I will be working with if I was to be hired. They asked about my experience, approach to software development, and certain academic knowledge.

Interview Question – can you describe what is a Kalman Filter?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Not enough money.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Northrop Grumman

Worked for Northrop Grumman? Contribute to the Community!

Northrop Grumman Videos

Northrop Grumman – Why Work for Us?

We invite you to learn more about Northrop Grumman’s varied businesses and our rich history of innovation. Northrop Grumman continues to manufacture some of the most cutting-edge technology and products. As a member of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Northrop Grumman Engineering Manager interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Northrop Grumman employees and interview candidates.