Northrop Grumman

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Falls Church, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in October 2010.

Interview Details – Contact from the recruiter, phone interview with the hiring manager, interview with several of the department members

Buffalo, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in June 2008.

Interview Details – The interview started very typical. When I arrived I was escorted to the Human Resources Department to complete the application and meet with the internal recruiter. Then I had a very nice discussion with the CFO who gave me bacground about the company and what she would like to see this position accomplish. I then met with the company counsel who was also very informative and also laid out his expectations of the position. Then I was lead into the HR Directors office by the HR administrator who asked be to sit down oppisite from the Director and closed the door behind her. He immediately got up and opened the door stating that anyone who knew HR would not close the door when a man was interviewing a woman. That pretty much sets the stage of the rest of the interview. It was a degrading and insulting process through the entire interview and I never in my life wanted to leave somewhere so fast. I understood why the HR department of that division was such a mess, the leader was terrible. If your in the Buffalo area don't interview at this company, they don't respect their people if that is how they treat them in an interview.

Interview Question – Are you sure you left your last company voluntarily? You say you left voluntarily but how do I know they did not fire you?   View Answer

Human Resources Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in January 2012.

Interview Details – interviews are well organized and communicated, with good scheduling and documentation. questions are answered both before the interview, during the interview and follow up is also done well to assure candidates get the information needed to make the best decsiions. the experiences we have are always with the customer - candidate experience as a top priority which assures the very best in outcomes all the way around. I have always had the very best experience in all my years with the company and would recommend this company to any friend or family member, or anyone from the many communities we are connected with.

Interview Questions

• tell me about your most difficult challenge and how you faced it   Answer Question
  • what constructive feedback have your received and how have you handled   Answer Question

Worked for Northrop Grumman? Contribute to the Community!