Northrop Grumman Intern Interview Questions

Updated Feb 15, 2015
Updated Feb 15, 2015

2.4

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Northrop Grumman.

After applying online, I checked periodically on my job page to see if my application status had changed. After 2 months, the status changed from "under consideration by recruiter" to "under consideration by hiring manager", but I never received a phone screen or email. And about a month later, my status changed to "Interview". Several days after seeing the update, I was sent an email by my recruiter with instructions for a phone interview.

The hour-long interview was relaxed and not very demanding, but I was asked a bevy of typical interview questions. I recommend others study their answers to those questions, and to make sure they convey to the interviewers why they'd be a good fit with Northrop Grumman. I was given lots of good feedback during the interview because they could tell how prepared I was.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a situation in which your coworkers or classmates rejected an idea you had, or job you did.   Answer Question
  • Let's go over your resume.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Northrop Grumman

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

they came to campus's career fair, 1st day information session, turned in my resume, 2nd day got a call, 3rd day interview, 4th day got offer. Waited another week, then got email from HR. HR called and just to talk briefly, nothing technically or personally. But then still waiting for the investigation and drug test instruction.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Northrop Grumman.

i applied online. got a call the next business day. was told they would call the following day for my interview interview was very easy going had to do a drug test and a background check then i was told i was hired

Interview Questions
    i just accepted what they offered

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in April 2014.

Applied online. Received an email about 3 weeks later to answer some behavioral questions. Received a follow up email to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was about half hour long. Proceeded to on site interview. 2 weeks later I received my internship.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in March 2014.

Applied online. Got a phone call to schedule an interview. One 30 minute phone call. Simple behavioral questions. Also questions about the company. Heard back 3 weeks later that I got the offer.

No negotiation

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

First, you submit your application online. If you are selected, you will get an email from HR saying they would like to set up a phone screen. This phone screen should last roughly 30 minutes of longer. Said recruiter will then pass on your information to the hiring manager of your intended division. If the hiring manager decides to interview you, you will get notification to set up a time for another phone interview. This is the final step, pass and you're in.

Intern Interview

This was my first interview so I might be overrating some aspects. The questions were fair, and I was fairly nervous. There was a critique on my resume that I didn't have an answer for and that breakdown followed through the rest of the interview.

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

the process was really straight forward, no difficult questions or trick ones, and my interview was over the phone.

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

I applied at my University's career fair and interviewed the next day. First I did a technical interview with a few basic programming concepts like polymorphism. Next an HR person came in and grilled me on some behavioral questions, such as what type of management style I would prefer most, and information that would prevent me from obtaining a security clearance.

Interview Questions
    • Write a recursive method to get from point A to B in a binary tree.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Applied through online. Received a phone call and an email after 3 days (from HR)
    Phone interview was held the week after with an engineering team made of 3 employees, and 1 of them being a hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked about general questions regarding to my resume and credentials. No other specific question but that. Phone interview lasted about 25 minutes, and was told I would get a call from the HR who scheduled my interview. Left a voicemail and have not heard back from then since.

Easy interview, didn't ask any confusing questions. Very straightforward.

Answer Question