Northrop Grumman Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (McLean, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

I knew someone who works at a company so I sent my resume and cover letter to him. Few weeks later, I get a call to set up a phone interview. Very easy and short. Just went over some details of the position and asked about the courses I've taken and the projects I did in school. Few days later, I got contacted from the recruiter and got a offer.

Interview Questions

• What course have you taken in college that relates to the job?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about the projects you did in college that relates to the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Northrop Grumman

Intern Interview

Interview

submitted my application got an email the next week to schedule an interview. Interviewed by 3 different people. All the questions asked were very straightforward. Minimal technical questions. Very big on what individual and team projects you have worked.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was over the phone and consisted of talking with three people. It was for a business intern position. The interview was about 45 minutes long. Be prepared to have questions for them and pay attention to what they say in order to use it later in the interview. The participants interviewers were very friendly, but I did not get the position for lack of experience in the field.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about who you are. Why do you want to be apart of our business team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Falls Church, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and a few weeks later I received an email from a recruiter with basic questions about my job search, ability to travel, location, etc. Two weeks later I received an invitation for a phone interview with a department manager. The phone interview was mostly about learning more about my program and to inform me about the internship. In about a week I was asked to come in to the office for an in-person interview. The interview was formal and consisted of a panel of 3 interviewers from various facets of the department I was interviewing in. It lasted about an hour and the interviewers took turns asking me questions ranging from standard behavioral questions to skill specific questions. I made sure to relate all of my answers to things I have done in the past and how that could translate to my role at NG. An important thing to emphasize is your ability to communicate and to be patient based on the amount of red tape a huge company like this has to navigate. It wasn't until a month later that I heard back that I had gotten the position (end of May). Like I said, be prepared to be patient. I then had to complete a background check and drug screening before receiving an official offer. A month later I am able to start.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you dealt with a difficult team/group situation and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

After applying online, I checked periodically on my job page to see if my application status had changed. After 2 months, the status changed from "under consideration by recruiter" to "under consideration by hiring manager", but I never received a phone screen or email. And about a month later, my status changed to "Interview". Several days after seeing the update, I was sent an email by my recruiter with instructions for a phone interview. The hour-long interview was relaxed and not very demanding, but I was asked a bevy of typical interview questions. I recommend others study their answers to those questions, and to make sure they convey to the interviewers why they'd be a good fit with Northrop Grumman. I was given lots of good feedback during the interview because they could tell how prepared I was.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which your coworkers or classmates rejected an idea you had, or job you did.   Answer Question
    • Let's go over your resume.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

they came to campus's career fair, 1st day information session, turned in my resume, 2nd day got a call, 3rd day interview, 4th day got offer. Waited another week, then got email from HR. HR called and just to talk briefly, nothing technically or personally. But then still waiting for the investigation and drug test instruction.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

i applied online. got a call the next business day. was told they would call the following day for my interview interview was very easy going had to do a drug test and a background check then i was told i was hired

Interview Questions

Negotiation

i just accepted what they offered

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Brooklyn, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email about 3 weeks later to answer some behavioral questions. Received a follow up email to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was about half hour long. Proceeded to on site interview. 2 weeks later I received my internship.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

First, you submit your application online. If you are selected, you will get an email from HR saying they would like to set up a phone screen. This phone screen should last roughly 30 minutes of longer. Said recruiter will then pass on your information to the hiring manager of your intended division. If the hiring manager decides to interview you, you will get notification to set up a time for another phone interview. This is the final step, pass and you're in.

Intern Interview

Interview

This was my first interview so I might be overrating some aspects. The questions were fair, and I was fairly nervous. There was a critique on my resume that I didn't have an answer for and that breakdown followed through the rest of the interview.