Northrop Grumman Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014
Updated Sep 12, 2014

2.6

Deputy Program Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in January 2013.

Received email from HR to schedule a phone interview. Completed phone interview and was asked to conduct an in person interview about two weeks later. In person interview was simple and pretty much covered how I would react to personnel issues and contract issues. Very easy and then told me about what the company had to offer.

Interview Questions
    • There was no major difficult questions. Had to know the financial aspects of how programs and projects worked.   Answer Question
    None

Software Engineer I Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

They bring you to their most high tech facility, give a tour of products, and schedule a 2 on 1 interview. This is somewhat misleading because you may not work at the interviewing facility. Request a tour of your real office.

Interview Questions
    • n/a...no technical questions although this was likely due to my transcript. They only ask tech questions to those they're not sure of.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate but probably should've

Pgm Planning and Scheduling I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in September 2014.

Applied online through NG'S career page. I received a phone call from a recruiter probably 2 months later. She asked some basic questions such as criminal history and whether I was legal to work. Then we scheduled a time and date for a phone interview with a hiring manager. That call lasted 30-45 mind, and entailed details about the job description, my capabilities, as well as DoD clearance. I was then asked to come in for an in person interview (at this step currently)

College Intern I Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in May 2014.

The interview process was extremely short for such a competitive program, with only one interview, which was a phone interview with four senior members of management in several sections of my division. They asked fairly detailed questions about each part of my resume, and wanted to know a lot about my relevant experience.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were particularly difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Production Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in August 2014.

I received an email from a recruiter telling me about a position at Northrop Grumman. About a week later, I was scheduled for a phone interview with 3 managers. The phone interview was fairly simple, they explained to me what the job was and the details regarding it. Then they gave me a chance to task them questions and tell them a little about myself. It took about 20 minutes. After, they told me they wanted to bring me in for an in-person interview. A week later I went in for the in-person interview. I was escorted to the managers office and there was two hiring managers, a lady and a guy. They both greeted me, the lady introduced herself and then the other manager. She then went on to ask me if I had any questions. I was caught off-guard. I was expecting her to talk a little before jumping into the question part. I went on to asking her questions for the next 10 minutes and most of her answers were very short and vague. The guy was much nicer in answering the questions. After about 10 minutes one of the senior engineers walked in to take me for a small tour around the facility, So i went. The tour was simple he explained some of the basic work they do and I had the chance to ask him questions about it. After about 20 minutes I walked back into the office. The lady then proceeded me into asking me if i had any more questions. At this point, i was running out of questions since I had only prepared about 10 questions to ask. I kept coming up with questions to ask. They still had not asked me ANY questions regarding my experience or anything. I was doing most of the interviewing. After I had the chance to go with another senior engineer and then another junior engineer to spend some time with them. I spoke to them individually asking them question and telling them about myself and talking about the position. After speaking to them for about an hour, I went back into the managers office. At this point, the lady seemed to have lost all interest in me because she was busy marking her calendar and doing her thing. VERY unprofessional. I tried to keep my cool and act as professionally as possible. The other manager had left to his office. So she then asked me one last time What I thought about the position and then asked me once again, if i had any other question. I had run out of questions to ask so I told her I did not have any further questions. She then proceeded on to telling me that she will keep in touch. By the end of the interview, I was never asked any questions or did not hear from any of the hiring managers about the position and other aspects of it. The only conclusion that came to my mind when i left is that I was the only minority in that department and that gave a sense that they did not want to hire a minority. My name is very American so I guess they weren't expecting a minority to walk into the office with the qualifications for this job. The vibe that I got from the lady manager there was very unfriendly and unprofessional. In a way, I am glad I didn't receive an offer. The recruiting called me a few days later telling me that they had chosen to only hire 1 person instead of 2 that they wanted to hired.

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in August 2011.

20-30 minute phone interview, writing sample, and background check. Pretty simple and straight forward. The Manager seemed like a nice guy and was good about setting up my first day.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected. "Tell me about yourself and strengths"   Answer Question
    Nothing to negotiate...fair compensation.

Manufacturing Engineer III Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

I received a call from NGC about a position I applied for so that I can set up a time to do a formal phone interview. During the call I spoke to 5 people in a conference call in which I was asked a series of typical interview questions. After outlining my experiences and hopes for my career they thanked me and told me they would keep in touch.

I got another call from them about 3-4 weeks later and they proposed flying me out for an interview in person. They arranged a rental car as well as a hotel and I drove up to the facility on the day of for another interview. The interview was rather informal, I got a tour of the facility as well as got to sit down with some of my future coworkers. No complex questions, they were looking to see how well I would fit with the group.

After the second round I got a call about 2 weeks later offering me the position I am holding today.

Interview Questions
    • No overly difficult questions, just answered everything sincerely and passionately which gave off a good vibe.   Answer Question
    I didn't really negotiate. First official job out of college and was too excited to try and push for any kind of additional pay.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

i applied online. got a call the next business day. was told they would call the following day for my interview interview was very easy going had to do a drug test and a background check then i was told i was hired

Interview Questions
    i just accepted what they offered

Software Engineer I Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in May 2014.

Applied Online, took about 2 weeks for recruiter to call. She was nice, went over my resume and set up an phone interview. Phone interview was 1 hour very intense. Mainly went over resume, and ask in depth questions about projects I've worked on and also some behavioral questions. I was invited for a second in person interview later that week, was expecting a one one one however was met with a panel interview. They made me feel very comfortable and it was fairly straight forward and easy. Technical questions they asked were based on what is on your resume. It was my most difficult interviews of all the jobs I applied for however, it was due to being unprepared.

Interview Questions
    • The questions they asked are derived on what you've listed on your resume. For me they went more into my projects and what programs I used and how I went about challenges.   Answer Question
    entry level position, did not negotiate

Operations Interview

Meeting with several in hiring and management many, many behavior based questions. Started with a phone screen, then onsite. Took several months to go between the initial interview, the onsite and negotiation. The salary was certainly non negotiable. Overall a very lengthy process and very long interview.

Interview Questions
    • Basically, anything negative - what is your biggest weakness   Answer Question

Worked for Northrop Grumman? Contribute to the Community!