Northrop Grumman Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.6

College Technical Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

I received an email a couple weeks after applying online regarding setting up a phone interview. The interview was with the manager I was going to be working with. After the interview I received an email a month later asking if I was still interesting in the position. After stating I was I received an offer a month later.

Interview Questions

• Describe your prior work experience. How did you work with a team.   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

The interview process was a group interview with 2 other members, both from NG, but at the client's location (USPS). They were both very friendly and great people. If you were to go by the interview, I would have stayed with NG longer. However, NG doesn't dictate business requirements. There were some technical questions, but it was much more about your ability to work through problems than it was to write perfect code on the white board, although I did.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember the specifics, other than writing a few queries to join tables, and to go across databases.   1 Answer

Help Desk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Very good interview process. One of the better ones I've ever went too. Although that will be the highlight of management from there on out, if hired. They would like to know your communication skills mostly. Show confidence in talking about speaking comfortably and you'll impress them, as this is important to the work you'll be doing.

Interview Questions

• Asked about what software you're familiar with. Asked how you would troubleshoot in different situations, etc.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Interview

Met with multiple managers from different levels of the team. At one point an internal customer representative came in to ask some questions. Very professional and made me feel welcomed.

Interview Questions

• A lot of canned HR type questions like Do you feel diversity is important in the work place? How are the opinions of others important to you? There were job specific questions that required me to rely on my knowledge of the position to answer.   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

The process took about 3 weeks to get the on site interview. The simple were simple and straight forward behavioral questions. If you are confident about every aspect of content in your resume you should be good to go.The interviewer had a list of questions and jot down notes from my responses. You will also be given an opportunity to ask him questions, so prepare at least three good questions.

Software Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Applied online through the job site and was contacted by HR requesting a phone interview. Phone interview was brief (~30min), and a couple weeks later was followed by an on-site panel interview (also short, ~1 hour). The whole process was very quick, and actually pretty laid back. I wouldn't describe any part of the process as stressful.

Interview Questions

• Recent grad so I was asked about my favorite class and experience   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (El Segundo, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

There were 4 interviews, the first two were 15 mins long and the next two were 30 mins long. It started off easy, and it gets harder and harder as you talk to the next interview

Interview Questions

• Just over past projects so know your resume and can explain it. What your biggest failure? What's your leadership style? What would you do differently? They also asked you to look at a chart and explain what you think it is.   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Straightforward. Friendly and polite. They were most interested in determining if I had the skills to do the job effectively. I was honest with my strengths and weaknesses. Entire face to face interview lasted 2 hours with senior engineers.

Embedded Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (San Diego, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

After applying for the position, received a phone call a week later to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was fairly basic, asking more about the background listed on my resume and why I decided to apply for the position. The two people I spoke with were very friendly and administered the interview very well. I was called in for an onsite interview a few days later. When I arrived I was greeted by the people I talked with over the phone and was led to a small conference room to conduct the interview. The interview consisted of some more review of my resume, except now going into a little more detail with some of my experiences. I was asked some specifics regarding the programming languages that were most relevant, and explain some computer science concepts that were relevant for the position. I was also asked to write a very small amount of code for a simple sort routine in the language of my choice. After the interviewing was finished, I was told more about the position and was shown around a few of the labs where testing took place. The overall interview process felt fairly pleasant and relaxed to me, and I was very fortunate to interview with such good people. Currently waiting for a call as to whether they'll consider me for the position.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle two concurrent processes that access the same piece of data? What issues can arise and what would you to to avoid them?   Answer Question

Laboratory Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Baltimore, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward. The gentleman I started the phone interview with pretty much just outlined the job descriptions and what it requires. After that, the two other gentlemen asked me a couple of questions regarding my prior laboratory experience and that was all. Then I asked a few questions of my own. Not bad.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience in the lab.   Answer Question
    • What does your screening process involve (lab related) in detail?   Answer Question
    • Do you have experience with ______ (what was in the job listing)?   Answer Question