Northrop Grumman Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 24, 2014
413 interviews

2.6

Manufacturing Engineer III Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

I received a call from NGC about a position I applied for so that I can set up a time to do a formal phone interview. During the call I spoke to 5 people in a conference call in which I was asked a series of typical interview questions. After outlining my experiences and hopes for my career they thanked me and told me they would keep in touch.

I got another call from them about 3-4 weeks later and they proposed flying me out for an interview in person. They arranged a rental car as well as a hotel and I drove up to the facility on the day of for another interview. The interview was rather informal, I got a tour of the facility as well as got to sit down with some of my future coworkers. No complex questions, they were looking to see how well I would fit with the group.

After the second round I got a call about 2 weeks later offering me the position I am holding today.

Interview Questions
    • No overly difficult questions, just answered everything sincerely and passionately which gave off a good vibe.   Answer Question
    I didn't really negotiate. First official job out of college and was too excited to try and push for any kind of additional pay.

Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

i applied online. got a call the next business day. was told they would call the following day for my interview interview was very easy going had to do a drug test and a background check then i was told i was hired

Interview Questions
    i just accepted what they offered

Software Engineer I Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in May 2014.

Applied Online, took about 2 weeks for recruiter to call. She was nice, went over my resume and set up an phone interview. Phone interview was 1 hour very intense. Mainly went over resume, and ask in depth questions about projects I've worked on and also some behavioral questions. I was invited for a second in person interview later that week, was expecting a one one one however was met with a panel interview. They made me feel very comfortable and it was fairly straight forward and easy. Technical questions they asked were based on what is on your resume. It was my most difficult interviews of all the jobs I applied for however, it was due to being unprepared.

Interview Questions
    • The questions they asked are derived on what you've listed on your resume. For me they went more into my projects and what programs I used and how I went about challenges.   Answer Question
    entry level position, did not negotiate

Supply Chain Engineer IV Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I interviewed online - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in August 2014.

Got a call from the HR that they were interested in a informal phone interview with me a month after I applied. Phone interview was ok, very casual. Talked about my resume. The next day I got a call saying they were interested in flying me over for an in person interview which was a little nerve wrecking. Accommodations, food and flight were taken care off by the company. 6 managers interviewed me at once, this was a little nerve wrecking.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were behavioral and some technical. Nothing too difficult. It was hard to know what to expect. They were looking for specific examples. Some questions were from a list others seemed on the spot. Here are some questions I was asked:

1. Why do you think you qualify for this job?
      2.what can you tell me about supply chain? (Vague, I know)
      3. How do you prioritize your work?
      4. Tell me about a time you worked really long hours.
      5. What are some positive and negative things your manager would say about you/your work?
      6.Tell me about a time you had to convince people? How did you do it and what was the outcome?
      7.How do you communicate with people, phone, IM, meeting?
        Answer Question

Operations Interview

Meeting with several in hiring and management many, many behavior based questions. Started with a phone screen, then onsite. Took several months to go between the initial interview, the onsite and negotiation. The salary was certainly non negotiable. Overall a very lengthy process and very long interview.

Interview Questions
    • Basically, anything negative - what is your biggest weakness   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

My interview lasted 2.5 hours and included a tour. I was interviewed by the supervisor of the position and the Facility Director. I heard about all the current projects and future planned projects. They were very pleasant and easy to talk to. They asked about my experience then I asked them specifics about their internal process.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't really stumped with anything that was surprising.   View Answer
    No negotiating.

Logistics Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Palmdale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in March 2013.

It was a phone interview. Be prepared and just be yourself. If you have the experience then things will work out. The hiring process is long and drawn out. Be prepared to be patient, there are a lot of people that are interviewing for this job. Ask at the end to see how you compare to the other candidates or what you could have improved on.

Interview Questions
    • Given a program deadline, what would you do in your realm of knowledge to help make it.   Answer Question
    I just came out of the military and didn't really negotiate. I was just happy to be given an opportunity to work for this company.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Rolling Meadows, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Rolling Meadows, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in June 2014.

Applied online via the Northrop Grumman careers website. Contacted by hiring manager via email a few months later. Initial phone interview with hiring manager and an RF systems engineer. Brought in for an on-site interview at the Rolling Meadows facility a few weeks later. Met with HR representative for a few minutes, followed by a panel interview with six or so employees. Mixture of functional managers and RF and EO/IR technical personnel. Asked to give a general overview of my experience / skillset, followed by a couple questions about my resume and some situational / behavioral questions. Opportunity to ask questions. Afterwards met with one of the higher up EO/IR managers, before finishing up with HR. Short tour of the facility to see the cafeteria area and new gym with showers. Whole interview took about 2 hrs. HR said they would be in touch. Followed up with HR via email a few weeks later. HR representative was kind enough to let me know they were moving in another direction.

Post interview treatment with regards to travel reimbursement was less than professional. Since I was traveling from out of town, HR had me contact the corporate travel agency to make flight, hotel, and rental car arrangements. Normally, this is billed directly to the company. Unfortunately, the hotel that they normally use for direct billing was fully booked, so I had to pay for the hotel out of pocket. I was told by the travel representative and the Northrop HR representative that this would be reimbursed. After the interview I mailed the receipts for hotel and other expenses to the HR representative as they requested. Three to four weeks later I sent an email to the HR representative inquiring if they had received the receipts since I had not yet received reimbursement. When the HR representative did not respond after a week, I sent another email to both HR representatives inquiring if they had received the receipts and were able to get the expense report into the processing queue. When I did not hear back from either HR rep, I sent an email to the hiring manager inquiring if he needed anything else from me in order to process the travel expense reimbursement. It has now been over two months and I have not received travel reimbursement or even an email from either HR rep or the hiring manager with regards to the expenses I submitted. As I point of comparison, I later interviewed with another Fortune 500 company and was reimbursed for travel expenses within 11 days. If you do interview with Northrop and have to travel from out of town, you may not be reimbursed for meals, hotel, and rental car gas even if they tell you that they will reimburse you beforehand.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. Standard questions and resume, technical experience, and some situational / behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Huntsville, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Was told I was hired by 3 different people and make arrangements to move to Huntsville. It wasn't until the last minute and a phone call that they brought me in. The process was a cat and mouse game until then. The hiring when it started was quick as was the interview. All very reasonable questions.

Interview Questions
    • None. The typical drugs, arrest, travel percentage, education level, skill sets.....   View Answer
    55000 to be evaluated for growth.

Northrop Grumman Interview

I was asked about SQL questions, like how to write queries. They asked stuff about my resume, like the computer science courses that I took, and what types of algorithms I used to implement them.

Interview Questions

Worked for Northrop Grumman? Contribute to the Community!