Northrop Grumman Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.6

Business Planning Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Very slow to get to the interview but the process was informal. The manager was friendly and the process was nothing too intense or case-based. HR is pretty slow so do not get frustrated by their lack of response.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience relative to the job?
      How do you handle conflict amongst a team?
      What do you do in a meeting if a member presents incorrect data?

Intern Interview

Interview

submitted my application got an email the next week to schedule an interview. Interviewed by 3 different people. All the questions asked were very straightforward. Minimal technical questions. Very big on what individual and team projects you have worked.

Proposal Analyst Interview

Interview

They asked typical questions, but I had to perform an edit of a page of a "proposal" and find the errors. The interview consisted of the proposal manager, who I would be working with directly, then I was escorted to other departments to meet and interview with the heads of those departments (such as the business development lead and the head of finance)

Software Configuration Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Fairly informal one-on-one conversation with the hiring manager. The position required me to enforce processes, hence the interview question. It was actually one of the easier interviews I've had, especially with a large company because they're usually much more formal with behavior-focused questions.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. Received a phone call the next day.
    Went though a total of 2ish rounds . 1 HR phone interview and 1 in-person with the senior manager.
    The interview phone interview was pretty general. Typical questions and answers. Was called in for an in-person but didn't make it because I accepted another offer.

Pdp Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Best Interview Process ever!!

The day begins with a presentation of about 20-30 mins about NG and what different departments you could potentially be working in. Then the group of 8 candidates is split into 2 groups of 4. One groups interviews and the other groups stays in the presentation room and talks to current employees in PDP.

During my process I was selected to Interview first. I had 4 interviews with 2 managers at a time and one by one went through them all. Each interview is about 30 min and you get a 2-5min break in between each interview. The interviews mainly consist of behavioral type questions and they have a sheet of paper which they are reading the questions off of and taking notes as well. Everyone was super friendly and very interested in getting to know me and my passion.

After I was done with the interviews the 2 groups switched and it was time to meet current employees in PDP. Again, everyone was super friendly and this is more of a meet and greet and you can ask them any questions you may have.

After this 4 hour+ interview process you are done!!!

Breakfast and lunch is served!!

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral type.

one questions everyone asked me was "why should we hire you over the other candidates?"

To get ready I would recommend knowing your resume very well, your passion for wanting to work for NG, practicing behavioral type questions. Just be yourself. I went into this process with a mindset of just having fun. Also, try to search about some recent news about NG and ask a lot of questions when given the opportunity.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was over the phone and consisted of talking with three people. It was for a business intern position. The interview was about 45 minutes long. Be prepared to have questions for them and pay attention to what they say in order to use it later in the interview. The participants interviewers were very friendly, but I did not get the position for lack of experience in the field.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about who you are.
      Why do you want to be apart of our business team?

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

interviewed at Northrop Grumman (McLean, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

Drove to DC for an interview, met with a woman I had been corresponding with over email and was interviewed by her in a conference room.

Interview began with general get-to-know-you questions about my life, then moved behavioral questions (what is your greatest strength, etc). Most of what we talked about was her asking me to describe in more detail the projects I had listed on my resume, and conversations about what my college courses consisted of, which required basic computer science knowledge to engage in. There was no programming challenge or anything, a fairly straightforward interview.

Interview Questions

• Up to what level of formal grammars have you developed in the past? (in the Chomsky Heirarchy)   Answer Question

Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Received a call from the recruiter about 2 weeks after applying wanting to schedule a panel phone interview. Heard back about a week later asking to set up an in person interview in CA. A week later I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Asked about experience and how it pertains to the position   Answer Question

Subcontracts Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

It was a very smooth process. I applied the 2nd week of January and received a call from HR a week later. Interviewed a couple days after that. Received an offer 2 weeks after that. Interviewers made it feel more like a conversation than questioning. If you are blessed enough to get an interview, I believe you are 65% on your way to getting hired

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Seemed like the offer I received was open to negotiation in regards to the way it was presented to me. I chose to accept because it was much higher than I expected. I was happy with that.