Northrop Grumman Interview Questions

2.6

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  El Segundo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

I'm currently retired looking to get back in the work force retired from Northrop Grumman Corp. in Oct. 2012 I still feel my skill set allows me to bring something positive to most organizations strong leadership skills which required me to manage budgets and people .

Interview Questions
    • Again haven't had a interview looking to reestablish myself in the workforce.   View Answer

Software Engineer I Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

They bring you to their most high tech facility, give a tour of products, and schedule a 2 on 1 interview. This is somewhat misleading because you may not work at the interviewing facility. Request a tour of your real office.

Interview Questions
    • n/a...no technical questions although this was likely due to my transcript. They only ask tech questions to those they're not sure of.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate but probably should've

Pgm Planning and Scheduling I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in September 2014.

Applied online through NG'S career page. I received a phone call from a recruiter probably 2 months later. She asked some basic questions such as criminal history and whether I was legal to work. Then we scheduled a time and date for a phone interview with a hiring manager. That call lasted 30-45 mind, and entailed details about the job description, my capabilities, as well as DoD clearance. I was then asked to come in for an in person interview (at this step currently)

Manufacturing Engineer III Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

I received a call from NGC about a position I applied for so that I can set up a time to do a formal phone interview. During the call I spoke to 5 people in a conference call in which I was asked a series of typical interview questions. After outlining my experiences and hopes for my career they thanked me and told me they would keep in touch.

I got another call from them about 3-4 weeks later and they proposed flying me out for an interview in person. They arranged a rental car as well as a hotel and I drove up to the facility on the day of for another interview. The interview was rather informal, I got a tour of the facility as well as got to sit down with some of my future coworkers. No complex questions, they were looking to see how well I would fit with the group.

After the second round I got a call about 2 weeks later offering me the position I am holding today.

Interview Questions
    • No overly difficult questions, just answered everything sincerely and passionately which gave off a good vibe.   Answer Question
    I didn't really negotiate. First official job out of college and was too excited to try and push for any kind of additional pay.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

i applied online. got a call the next business day. was told they would call the following day for my interview interview was very easy going had to do a drug test and a background check then i was told i was hired

Interview Questions
    i just accepted what they offered

Operations Interview

Meeting with several in hiring and management many, many behavior based questions. Started with a phone screen, then onsite. Took several months to go between the initial interview, the onsite and negotiation. The salary was certainly non negotiable. Overall a very lengthy process and very long interview.

Interview Questions
    • Basically, anything negative - what is your biggest weakness   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

My interview lasted 2.5 hours and included a tour. I was interviewed by the supervisor of the position and the Facility Director. I heard about all the current projects and future planned projects. They were very pleasant and easy to talk to. They asked about my experience then I asked them specifics about their internal process.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't really stumped with anything that was surprising.   View Answer
    No negotiating.

Production Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in August 2014.

I received an email from a recruiter telling me about a position at Northrop Grumman. About a week later, I was scheduled for a phone interview with 3 managers. The phone interview was fairly simple, they explained to me what the job was and the details regarding it. Then they gave me a chance to task them questions and tell them a little about myself. It took about 20 minutes. After, they told me they wanted to bring me in for an in-person interview. A week later I went in for the in-person interview. I was escorted to the managers office and there was two hiring managers, a lady and a guy. They both greeted me, the lady introduced herself and then the other manager. She then went on to ask me if I had any questions. I was caught off-guard. I was expecting her to talk a little before jumping into the question part. I went on to asking her questions for the next 10 minutes and most of her answers were very short and vague. The guy was much nicer in answering the questions. After about 10 minutes one of the senior engineers walked in to take me for a small tour around the facility, So i went. The tour was simple he explained some of the basic work they do and I had the chance to ask him questions about it. After about 20 minutes I walked back into the office. The lady then proceeded me into asking me if i had any more questions. At this point, i was running out of questions since I had only prepared about 10 questions to ask. I kept coming up with questions to ask. They still had not asked me ANY questions regarding my experience or anything. I was doing most of the interviewing. After I had the chance to go with another senior engineer and then another junior engineer to spend some time with them. I spoke to them individually asking them question and telling them about myself and talking about the position. After speaking to them for about an hour, I went back into the managers office. At this point, the lady seemed to have lost all interest in me because she was busy marking her calendar and doing her thing. VERY unprofessional. I tried to keep my cool and act as professionally as possible. The other manager had left to his office. So she then asked me one last time What I thought about the position and then asked me once again, if i had any other question. I had run out of questions to ask so I told her I did not have any further questions. She then proceeded on to telling me that she will keep in touch. By the end of the interview, I was never asked any questions or did not hear from any of the hiring managers about the position and other aspects of it. The only conclusion that came to my mind when i left is that I was the only minority in that department and that gave a sense that they did not want to hire a minority. My name is very American so I guess they weren't expecting a minority to walk into the office with the qualifications for this job. The vibe that I got from the lady manager there was very unfriendly and unprofessional. In a way, I am glad I didn't receive an offer. The recruiting called me a few days later telling me that they had chosen to only hire 1 person instead of 2 that they wanted to hired.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Huntsville, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Was told I was hired by 3 different people and make arrangements to move to Huntsville. It wasn't until the last minute and a phone call that they brought me in. The process was a cat and mouse game until then. The hiring when it started was quick as was the interview. All very reasonable questions.

Interview Questions
    • None. The typical drugs, arrest, travel percentage, education level, skill sets.....   View Answer
    55000 to be evaluated for growth.

Northrop Grumman Interview

I was asked about SQL questions, like how to write queries. They asked stuff about my resume, like the computer science courses that I took, and what types of algorithms I used to implement them.

Interview Questions

Worked for Northrop Grumman? Contribute to the Community!