Northrop Grumman Interview Questions

2.6

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, KY
    Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, KY

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Upon arrival I was greeted before I even hit the receptionist desk. I was shown the break room and told I could help myself to a drink or snack. Few minutes later I was led into my interview room and the hiring managers were waiting to interview me. Most of the questions were very typical. What do you do now, what have you done in the past, where would you like to go, etc. HR kept in pretty good touch with me throughout the whole process. The only negatives about the process were (1) I noticed everyone wears a long sleeve dress shirt and tie. (2) As soon as our time was up I was cut off. I was literally in the middle of asking one of my questions and was interrupted to tell me our time was up. (3) I was not given reimbursement for my travel expenses.

Training Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Very thorough and detail oriented. They will pick apart you resume and ask for examples of everything. Make sure you do you research not only about the position and job requirements but also about the organization and the specific project you are applying for. If they give you a post interview assignment DO IT! do it within 24 hours of receiving the instructions. The assignment adds a lot of value to the interview process.

Subcontracts Administrator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

It was a very smooth process. I applied the 2nd week of January and received a call from HR a week later. Interviewed a couple days after that. Received an offer 2 weeks after that. Interviewers made it feel more like a conversation than questioning. If you are blessed enough to get an interview, I believe you are 65% on your way to getting hired

Interview Questions
    Seemed like the offer I received was open to negotiation in regards to the way it was presented to me. I chose to accept because it was much higher than I expected. I was happy with that.

Aeronautical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redondo Beach, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Redondo Beach, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in March 2015.

This was part of their "Hiring Event," which is a new process whereby Northrop invites hundreds of candidates to interview in one day. There was a 50 minute technical interview (one-on-one in my case, though some had panels of two or three), followed by a non-technical interview. The technical interview was very focused on going through the resume. There was also a short tour offered.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

The recruiting manager interviewed me over the phone for 30 minutes and then I went in for the in-person interview in Colorado Springs. Had to drive there from 120 miles away. The project manager was very pleasant but the technical interview was very difficult as the technical management asked questions many graduate students do not know. They seemed that they were unimpressed and had already had a guy that they were going to hire.

Interview Questions
    • Las Vegas Method, Anonymous Interclassing   View Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Northrop Grumman.

After applying online, I checked periodically on my job page to see if my application status had changed. After 2 months, the status changed from "under consideration by recruiter" to "under consideration by hiring manager", but I never received a phone screen or email. And about a month later, my status changed to "Interview". Several days after seeing the update, I was sent an email by my recruiter with instructions for a phone interview.

The hour-long interview was relaxed and not very demanding, but I was asked a bevy of typical interview questions. I recommend others study their answers to those questions, and to make sure they convey to the interviewers why they'd be a good fit with Northrop Grumman. I was given lots of good feedback during the interview because they could tell how prepared I was.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which your coworkers or classmates rejected an idea you had, or job you did.   Answer Question
    • Let's go over your resume.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in February 2015.

Pretty standard interview. Asked about previous experience, why I wanted to leave my old job, etc. No real technical "challenge" questions. If you have ever interviewed for a position with a defense contractor before, it is very much the same.

Logistics Area Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Talked to both mechanical managers, was told that another job was coming up closer to the end of last year and they would send me an e mail when they wanted me to apply.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you apply for the job, what makes you think you are a good fit for this job?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in February 2015.

I first got an email from a recruiter asking to schedule a phone interview with me. Then I had two more phone interviews, 3 senior managers interviewed me each time. Two weeks later, I got an offer.

Software Engineering Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

I applied online and got a random call one day about 5 weeks after I applied. The recruiter called me and asked me if he could ask me a few technical questions. This was a almost like a pop quiz because I was not expecting an interview. After telling him I wasn't expecting it, he just told me he was just gauging my knowledge without interview preparation. Overall, it was a pretty easy interview, more about experiences and conceptual questions instead of having to write code.

Interview Questions
    • C++ questions regarding object oriented programming, asked basic conceptual questions about stacks, queues, STL. did not have to write code, talked about past experience, interests in software, basically gauged knowledge of code and software   Answer Question