Northrop Grumman

Updated Nov 26, 2014
Updated Nov 26, 2014

2.6

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman.

I was a college new hire so I was interviewed while I was about to graduate. The first interview was at my college as a job fair. It was only one manager. After that the second round was at a Marriot where I did a round robin of interviews with different managers. We also got a tour of the campus and saw presentations of the different areas we could work. 2 weeks later I got a call back saying I got the job and the offer. I was able to negotiate a bigger offer.

Test Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview process was pretty typical, initial phone interview with the hiring manager then an on-site interview with him. Only part that was a little bit of a pain was the whole relocation package but we got that sorted out eventually.

Interview Questions
    I was given an initial offer that was pretty good but I countered for more and got almost as much as I asked for.

College Intern Technical Interview

Applied online and received a phone call to schedule a phone interview a couple weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was fairly easy. I was just asked to describe my school projects.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

met recruiter during on campus career fair, then had an on campus interview, then flown out for second round interview which was conducted in a large hotel along with many other applicants. during the second interview, i met with several hiring managers in different areas and was asked technical questions and also some general questions about my personality, but they were fairly straightforward, no need to study beyond my degree.

Interview Questions
    • no unexpected questions, technical questions were as expected   Answer Question

salary slightly lower than other offers (but also higher than some)

Technical Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Posted my resume on the company website and the recruiter contacted me two weeks later. Went in for an interview, heard back a week later.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions; I was asked to tell the hiring manager about the company and what they do. I also went over my skills in SQL and Java, and talked about projects that I've worked on.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate a salary; I had no prior internship experience and they offered a competitive salary.

Analyst Interview

Hiring and interview process was conducted within a primarily closed network based on previous work experience.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question for me was for the expected salary / hourly wage. The companies standard of conduct holds the salaries of most employees as confidential and therefore difficult to research.   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in October 2012.

I actually got hired in a very round about way. I was applying for a position at Quantico, and Northrop was having a hiring event. I had a friend who let me know that his boss would be interviewing for IDA Analysts. So I went and met my friends boss, and the woman who ended up becoming my boss, and had about a 30-45 minute discussion where he quizzed me on the OSI model, reading packet captures, different software, and attacks. He was very pleasant to talk to and the conversation was very comfortable. In the end I got an offer for a Technical Writing position instead of the IT position I was seeking, but I was told that this was a foot in the door to something bigger. And that is exactly how it worked. I got in, worked hard, and in 6 months I was promoted to an IA position with the same contract. Over the time I was in the Technical Writer position I attended two Northrop hosted Cyber Security classes, each lasting about a week. And they helped pay for my School ( I was finishing my Bachelors) All in all I really like it here and the managers I interviewed with/ work for have made working for them a pleasure.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing comes to mind, my interview was very relaxed and informal. It was really two nerds geeking out over tech stuff for a while.
      The hardest part of the whole thing, was that after they gave me the offer letter it took about 45 days for all the paperwork to be in place for me to start. BUT I will say that this was complicated because I was joining a brand new contract that Northrop was just getting into.
        Answer Question
    They made an offer that was on the high side of what I had asked for, so I accepted.

Test Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Northrop Grumman.

6 months from submitted application until the actual interview, hr did not inform me that when I met with multiple individuals that it was for multiple positions. Simple, basic questions about experience and work ethic.

There were no negotiations

Electrical Engineer I Interview

Group Phone Interview - Mostly behavioral questions, going over resume, talking about projects/experiences.

On Site, In-Person Panel Interview - No Challenging Questions, some technical questions regarding experience

Systems Engineering Intern Interview

Applied online through careers web site. Was contacted by Human Resources on the phone for an on-site interview. Interview lasted about 30 minutes with a couple people in the room discussing my resume.
    This was a very relaxed interview with no technical questions since it was for an intern position.