Northrop Grumman Interview Questions

2.6

Aeronautical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redondo Beach, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Redondo Beach, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in March 2015.

This was part of their "Hiring Event," which is a new process whereby Northrop invites hundreds of candidates to interview in one day. There was a 50 minute technical interview (one-on-one in my case, though some had panels of two or three), followed by a non-technical interview. The technical interview was very focused on going through the resume. There was also a short tour offered.

Systems Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in February 2015.

Pretty standard interview. Asked about previous experience, why I wanted to leave my old job, etc. No real technical "challenge" questions. If you have ever interviewed for a position with a defense contractor before, it is very much the same.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in February 2015.

I first got an email from a recruiter asking to schedule a phone interview with me. Then I had two more phone interviews, 3 senior managers interviewed me each time. Two weeks later, I got an offer.

Recruiting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in January 2015.

Recruiter was more like "used car salesman" and not really engaged in the interview. Did not present compelling employment brand, attitude was "hey we're Grumman" you're lucky we're talking to you.

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
    Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in January 2015.

Applied and was contacted by a recruiter within 3 days. 2 days later they asked me to come in for an interview. 2 weeks passed after before they let me know that an offer was not going to be extended. very easy process and they were very friendly and accessible.

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, KY
    Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, KY

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Upon arrival I was greeted before I even hit the receptionist desk. I was shown the break room and told I could help myself to a drink or snack. Few minutes later I was led into my interview room and the hiring managers were waiting to interview me. Most of the questions were very typical. What do you do now, what have you done in the past, where would you like to go, etc. HR kept in pretty good touch with me throughout the whole process. The only negatives about the process were (1) I noticed everyone wears a long sleeve dress shirt and tie. (2) As soon as our time was up I was cut off. I was literally in the middle of asking one of my questions and was interrupted to tell me our time was up. (3) I was not given reimbursement for my travel expenses.

Liaison Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in January 2011.

Phone interview with recruiter and then phone interview with the company. The phone interviews were very thorough with multiple people. During the phone interview they shared the job description and expectations, along with the issues they were seeing that needed to be resolved.

Logistics Planner II Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in January 2015.

Hiring process was very long, plan on 2 full months or more from initial interview to first work day. Informal setting in the building of main offices. Every effort was made to put me at ease in the first few minutes. Job description was gone over, then the personality questions began.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle it if you were 95% complete with an assignment, and you were suddenly asked to stop, canx all work done, and start another one?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in February 2014.

Phone screen. Very basic questions surrounding experience as it relates to position. No behavioral or technical questions. The recruiter simply checked to see if I met the basic qualifications for the position and then scheduled a second phone interview with hiring manager \team. I declined the interview because I was not interested in the position after getting further details from the recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your experience with each aspect of the jobs basic qualifications   View Answer

I declined because I was not interested in the position.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

The recruiting manager interviewed me over the phone for 30 minutes and then I went in for the in-person interview in Colorado Springs. Had to drive there from 120 miles away. The project manager was very pleasant but the technical interview was very difficult as the technical management asked questions many graduate students do not know. They seemed that they were unimpressed and had already had a guy that they were going to hire.

Interview Questions
    • Las Vegas Method, Anonymous Interclassing   View Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   View Answer