Northrop Grumman

Relevance Date Difficulty

Human Factors Engineer Interview

Human Factors Engineer

Interviewed at Northrop Grumman

Interview Details – Pretty by the book - the process is just as it outlined on its webpage. Apply, they contact you, go for an interview, they call you back, team may take you to lunch, then you get an offer and can accept or not.

Interview Question – There was nothing in the interview that was out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Geospatial Analyst Interview

Geospatial Analyst
Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, process took about 3 weeks. Started with a recruiter reaching out to me and seeing if I was still interested in the position and asked me a few questions. Then I had a panel phone interview which was mostly technical questions very little questions about your resume. The recruiter was very friendly and helpful, guided me from start to finish

Negotiation Details – none

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Clearfield, UT

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in April 2012.

Interview Details – Met with four members from different departments within the company. They each worked from a list of questions that they were required to ask regarding my experience, education, and personal goals. They were friendly and easy to talk to.

Interview Question – They asked typical questions like: how would you resolve a dispute, do you have leadership experience, why should be pick you over other candidates, etc....

They also seemed interested in my education goals. They asked if I would be interested in continuing my education (graduate school) if I accepted a full time position with them.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I received a standard offer because I was interviewing for an internship. I knew the details of the offer before I even interviewed.

Data Management Interview

Data Management

Interviewed at Northrop Grumman

Interview Details – takes a while for the process to take its course, usually takes a few weeks to a couple of months. interview with hiring manager then with the manager you would be working under

Interview Question – a time when you had to show leadership skills   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – did not need to negotiate

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
Annapolis Junction, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in January 2012.

Interview Details – I met with two people on two separate days but sometimes candidates are met by several employees at once and interviewed. I cannot submit this unless I write at least 30 words on the Hiring and Interview process. I find this boring and not essential but here it is.

Negotiation Details – Did not need to negotiate

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview Details – was easy, nothing difficult, was called by hiring manager for an onsite interview, was interviewd by 3 hiring managers for 3 different program, got an offer one week after. process took 4 weeks

Negotiation Details – no room for negotiation

Structural Engineer II Interview

Structural Engineer II
Redondo Beach, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview Details – I applied online, but had been hitting the company hard with on-campus interviews (I was at grad school going for my Master’s at the time) and a friend of a friend. It's highly possible that the position I interviewed for had nothing to do with my other actions. A couple of weeks later, I got the email from someone who I later found out wanted to advocate me. We did the phone interview, which I thought I could've done a lot better in. A couple of weeks later, I received no follow-up, and contacted the person again to see if I made it to the next round of interviews. Turned out that I did, but talent acquisition was very slow and was supposed to contact me the week before. Talent acquisition and I soon planned out my on-site interview, which I did on 30 minutes of sleep (Note: do not drink Thai iced tea the night before... turns out some may be overloaded with caffeine). The interview was a group panel, and the person who did the phone interview with me sat by my side as I answered the panel's questions (we were all seated at a conference table but the panel sat opposite) on my past experiences. It was a very smooth and comfortable interview, but it was difficult to recall internship analyses that I hadn't done in years. Everyone was very pleasant and wanted to get to know me as a person and as an engineer.

I did not receive a follow-up until I called talent acquisition a month later. They told me that they were working on an offer, and in just a couple of days later, I received that offer. It appeared to be very competitive with offers for similar positions. I accepted the offer after negotiating for a slightly higher salary and a later start date, and am looking forward to working with Northrop Grumman!

Interview Question – "Has there ever been a time when something (does not have to be an analysis) completely stopped you in your tracks after a long process that you had complete confidence in? How did you handle the situation?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Simple. I gave them a range of the higher salary that I wanted and legitimate reasons (cost of living, student loans, complete shift in life to the opposite coast, etc.) and a range of start dates that I thought were more reasonable because I still had to hunt for apartments. They were very reasonable!

Interview for Systems Engineer Interview

Interview for Systems Engineer
Huntsville, AL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online through the Northrop Grumman website. About 2 months after applying for the position, I got a phone call from Human Resources requesting an on-site interview. The interview was with 2 of the Program Managers, very informal but professional and only took about 30 minutes. Was mostly asked behavioral and interest questions and discussed my resume/experience.

Interview Question – What type of work or task would you least like to do, or do you not like doing?   View Answer

Program Cost Control Analyst Interview

Program Cost Control Analyst
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in September 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview, physical interview, follow up with thank you letters and calls, contacted from hiring manager and HR so process the background check and hiring process. Included resume and cover letter.

Negotiation Details – good offer, no negotiation needed.

Software Engineer I Interview

Software Engineer I
Redondo Beach, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online through their website. The process took 2 weeks before I got a phone call from Human Resources requesting an on-site interview. I then interviewed at Northrop Grumman in March 2014.

Interview Question – None. They broke down my resume and asked some behavioral questions. Very straight forward. Interview consisted of two separate hour interviews. The first interview was with two members from the software team. Second interview was with Hiring Manager and Engineer Manager.   Answer Question