Northrop Grumman

Updated Dec 18, 2014
Updated Dec 18, 2014

2.6

Environmental, Health and Safety Engineer II Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in November 2014.

I had a phone interview with a hiring manager, and first our times did not line up due to a planned vacation but he made time for me during his offsite work travels. During the interview he asked me a few behavioral questions such as.. Tell me about your internship work, Have i ever had to deal with a difficult situation with a co-worker, and he also talked to me about his division and what the EHS department was focusing on over the last couple years.

Mission Command Systems Trainer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in November 2014.

The interview process happened very fast. I submitted an online application on a Wednesday evening and received a telephone call the next afternoon to set up an interview the following Tuesday. I of course showed up 10 minutes early and chatted with a gentleman while waiting for the interview to begin. As I was lead into the interview room there were four chairs. I met the man who called me and set it up and to my surprise the gentleman I had been chatting with and another female (all employees) were all in the interview with me.The interview was very straight forward. I wasn't asked the typical "tell me about yourself" "what do you know about the company" questions. I was asked about my experience with specific systems and to what extent I had utilized them. Overall from the time I got there and left it took about 50 minutes. It turns out that the person I had been making small talk with would be my supervisor if hired and the person who set up the interview is his boss. On the way out I was able to ask more questions and talk more with the person who would be my boss. I was told that they would be making a decision about the position the following week after all the interviews were completed.

Interview Questions
    • In a team environment if someone wasn't pulling their weight, how would you address the situation?   Answer Question

Engineer II Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Northrop Grumman has one of the better hiring processes that I have been through. Their applicant website is updated throughout the process so you know how far along you are. Recruiter review - Hiring manager review - Interview - Interview pending feedback - Offer discussions - offer accepted.

I applied to multiple positions before I received an offer (don't give up!) the process took an average of 1 month from application to interview. Response on the hiring decision averaged 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, mostly personality interview questions (i.e. how do you deal with conflict) and questions about projects I have worked on.

Unexpected question: Name 3 things about your current job that you like

Answer Question

Manager Level II Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

I had a three person panel interview. It was very helpful at the begining because they took the time to explain their organization and current challenges. The interview began with the standard "Tell me about yourself" question. The follow-on questions were focused on getting to know me and better understand my skill set. There were a couple of behavior based questions and a few technical questions (tell me about trends in the industry...). Overall, it was straight forward and enjoyable.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a customer who....? They asked about a current difficulty they were having and I was not prepared with an answer.   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Excellent! NGC was organized and had great communication. The time between interviewing and the next step and the next and the offer was slow. I figured I wasn't moving forward, but then they called.

Yes, very reasonable

Project Manager Interview

I received a phone call from the HR department and scheduled an interview after applying 1 week earlier. The interview wen very well with a total of 10 behavioral questions and other questions regarding my past experiences and education. Very comfortable and smooth interview.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was about specific inventory control.   Answer Question

Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Overall fairly quick from when I was notified of preliminary interview to offer letter. About 3 weeks, which included a phone interview and then a week or so later an in person panel interview

Interview Questions
    • Fairly easy. Know your resume and know the position you're applying for. Be comfortable   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in October 2014.

My interview was scheduled at the SWE Conference and it was pretty informal. I interviewed with several engineers at different departments and each was very courteous. Each engineer wanted to make sure that I was a good fit for their team and if I wasn't a good fit for their team they referred me to another team where my qualifications fit better. At the end of the interview, the systems engineering manager stated that they would be extending an offer within the next two weeks; now, I am currently in the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • The technical questions were not difficult to answer at all. If you have even the slightest experience in the field/position you are applying, it will be a cake walk.   Answer Question
    I am currently in the negotiation phase.

Engineer In Test I Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in October 2014.

I met a recruiter during a career fair and he was very nice and we talked about their team and what work they do. After that we had a 30 min interview right on the spot mostly talking about my previous experience and the projects on my resume. After that, he said he'll be in touch. A week later I was invited to an on site interview which lasted around 1.5 hours. There were 5 people interviewing and there were a lot of behavioural question and specifically asing about projects that i had done relating to the job.

Interview Questions
    • Do you like being the leader or the doer in a team? (was kinda unexpected as I hadn't thought about it)   Answer Question

just got offer, waiting on other companies

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in October 2014.

Very relaxed interview. Did not have any technical question, all about programming habits - likes, dislikes. Know your resume and you will do well. Everyone I talked to was very nice, there was time left over at the end so my interview showed me around the building. Very cool to see the inner workings. Received an offer over the phone and via email two weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. No reversing linked lists - just questions about what you know and your strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question